Username Post: trimmers        (Topic#1542886)
scrappfever
New Kid On the Block
scrappfever

I've been researching on 12x12 trimmers and has had an old fiskar portable trimmer for a long time. I am looking for a trimmer that doesn't dull too fast if not at all. I am looking into Tonic 12x12 trimmer vs fiskars. Anyone have an opinion about the two?

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to scrappfever

There are LOTS of previous threads about trimmers.

In fact, if you look at the ones you linked from the Superstore, scroll down the page, and you'll see discussions about these particular ones.

scrappfever
New Kid On the Block
scrappfever
In response to Bxr-Linda

thanks!

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to scrappfever

I have always enjoyed my fiskars trimmer!

SevenWolves
Veteran
SevenWolves
In response to Scrapbook Queen

never tried tonic... but fiskars is like a house hold name, the name you can trust... right?

Hey Jude
Veteran
Hey Jude
In response to SevenWolves

Just responded to another thread about trimmers, but I have to agree about Fiskars. I've never used a Tonic so I can't compare them, I only know what's been tried and true for me.
Products Referenced in This Post:

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Hey Jude

• Hey Jude Said:
Just responded to another thread about trimmers, but I have to agree about Fiskars. I've never used a Tonic so I can't compare them, I only know what's been tried and true for me.

I have the Fiskars Rotary Trimmer, too, and like it just fine. Of course, I've never tried anything else so I have nothing to compare it to.

Lisa

ekip2
ekip2 
Expert
ekip2
  • ekip2 on 09-16-10 04:53 AM
In response to lstory

AFter a long and frustrating time - I gave up the search for the "perfect" trimmer. I now use several on a regular basis - each for its own "purpose" and I'm finally happy! LOL

I tried to link them below. I adore my table top trimmer. It has a place on the L part of my desk and I use it as my primary trimmer. ITs the first guillotine I've had and I love the precision cut.

I use the fiskars if I'm going away from home to craft - which is rare - or if I want to make a cut that is in the middle of a page but not all the way to the end (usually on score lines for "fancy" cards.

HTH - I know how frustrating trimmers can be!
Andrea

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics