Username Post: photo ph / whose prints are acid-free, archival quality?        (Topic#1543097)
Teresia
New Kid On the Block
Teresia

I just got a ph tester pen and checked the photos I get from Walgreens -- the back tested fine, but the front was acidic. Is this normal? Does this mean Walgreens prints fail the "archival quality" test? Where do you all get your acid-free prints? How do Target prints rate for archival quality? I suppose someday I'll have more sophisticated concerns in photo printing, but my immediate concern is whether the layouts I'm creating will age prematurely and where I should be getting my photos printed.

Teresia
Products Referenced in This Post:

photo_chick
Diva
photo_chick
In response to Teresia

If your print was properly processed it should not age any faster than your papers and embellies.

I usually skip the drugstore and discount store and go to my local camera shop or order online when I want quality prints. most of the time the employees at places like Wags and Walmart have little real training beyond basic operation of the machine so the results you get just won't be consistent.

Teresia
New Kid On the Block
Teresia
In response to photo_chick

*sigh* You're right, of course, about getting better results at a photo shop. Just wishing I could avoid a 1 hr round trip to the shop/waiting for the mail . . . Thanks for answering. I can tell by your other posts that you know what you're talking about.

LaurenBiz
Idol
LaurenBiz
In response to Teresia

Danielle is right on the money! The people at the Wal Mart photo dept. didn't know what "cropping" was!

(This was about two years ago before I got a photo printer, LOL!)

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to LaurenBiz

At the camera shop I use, they have a prepaid option for 4x6 prints which ends up being as cheap as Wal Mart. Also you can either upload them online or drop them off. Either way, it is 1hr. turnaround pretty much.

So you might ask at the different places, the might have a prepaid option as cheap as Walgreens or Wal Mart also.

tegan-nicole
Veteran
tegan-nicole
In response to Trina_P

Order online! adoramapix.com, mpix.com, snapfish.com. all great sites and most of the time cheaper then drugstores.. I just ordered wedding photos from Adorama, 165 photos, different sizes from 3x5 to 8x10 and my order was $43.00 and i received them in about a week. GREAT quality too.

tegan-nicole
Veteran
tegan-nicole
In response to tegan-nicole

and from adorama they are archival quality! the other two i'm not sure for sure on...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics