Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What stamps to buy?        (Topic#1543205)
Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-20-10 11:03 PM

I want to spend some money and buy stamps! Nothing in particular, just designs that can be used repeatedly. Mainly for scrapbooking, but the odd card too.
Share your fav stamps with me!
Thanks!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Cica

I love love love outline stamps. They sell them at my LSS, but you can also get them online.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to madmatter

I have a vast collection of snag 'em stamps and stamp packages by Inkadinkado (from JoAnn's). Most of my stamps are clear acrylic. I used the polar bear below to make some of my Christmas cards last year.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-21-10 05:30 AM
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

very cute!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Cica

I'm a big fan of Elisabeth Bell stamps (Whiff of Joy, Belles and Whistles), as well as Magnolia, House Mouse, Sugar Nellie, and Art Impressions.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to siameseplease

I mostly stamp for cards, and my favorites are C.C. Designs, Kraftin' Kimmie, The Greeting Farm, and Pink Cat Studio. I just got a couple Love Lolitas, which I think are English, but All That Scraps started carrying them. They look like manga characters, and I'm so excited to have them.

Lisa

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-21-10 05:53 AM
In response to Cica

any specific designs from these makes?

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cica

I love We R Memory Keepers and Imaginisce Clear Stamps. Here are a few examples.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-21-10 06:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to Cica

Well, mine are all people or animals, so that's why I use them for cards (they're all in my gallery if you want a closer look); I can't see how to use them on a layout without it being too contrived. Although I did see a really cute page with a "card stamp" on it the other day:

Capture The Moment By Scrapperlicious

Lisa

Tenant
In response to lstory

Here are the stamps I use the most:

background - polka dot, crackle, filigree, harlequin

flourishes, butterfly outline, journaling blocks with lines, generic sentiments for cards

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to lstory

It kind of depends on your style so I looked at your gallery. (lovely, BTW!) You would probably use flowers and swirls/flourishes on your layouts.
Here are a few ideas.
I prefer unmounted rubber stamps for clear images but acrylics are easier to use because you can see where you are stamping.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-21-10 08:19 AM
In response to momany

yes, flourishes will definately go down well. but I am hoping to start card making too now cause my MIL has just skyped to say that she has bought me a selection of COPICS while on holiday in Canada!!!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Cica

I have only basic stamps because I don't stamp that often so I need stuff I can use everywhere! I would encourage you to get alpha stamps, flourishes, journaling stamps, and some sort of script or other patterned stamp. I have linked to a couple I like best.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to kariyava

I have a ton of Autumn Leaves. MOstly flourishes.

Edited by Just G on 09-21-10 09:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to Just G

I may get mopped for this, but HL has a lot of stamps and accessories on sale 50% off this week.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to lisymarie

I also like the Tim Holtz stamps for backgrounds

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to madmatter

I'm going to try to get some sayings for the inside of cards and some small words for the fronts of cards.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-21-10 11:22 PM
In response to lisymarie

thanks for the suggestions

WendyG-SA
Diva
WendyG-SA
In response to Cica

Hi Cica,

I just received my first order of stamps from Heartfelt creations. They have the most incredible selection of stamps and they only charge $8 shipping to South Africa.

Here's the link, I promise you're going to fall inlove with these. The precut sets are GORGEOUS. I ordered the swirly leaves (StarSailorScrapper uses them often of her LO's).

http://www.heartfeltcreations.us/

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-22-10 04:28 AM
In response to WendyG-SA

Thanks Wenday, I'm def gonna check it out!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics