Username Post: scrapbook kit dissapointed        (Topic#1543363)
Tenant

Well I bit the bullet and purchased a scrapbook kit. I did mostly because there was a YT video from someone who purchased a kit from this person and it was exploding with items. This was to be a Prima CHA 2010 Kit. When I opened the box I was so excited. The more I looked the more I was let down. The kit cost $50.00 and the items in the kit didn't even total 50 bucks retail. Is this common?

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to nswilliams

I never purchase kits. I prefer to do my own mixing and matching. With kits, I'd be afraid I'd end up spending a lot of money on things that I'll never actually make use of. I'd rather take that money and purchase just what I really like.

CASBa
CASBa 
Governor
CASBa
  • CASBa on 09-23-10 08:20 AM
In response to dwelch

Usually when I get kits I end up with more product than I could buy on my own.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to CASBa

Same as Cassie. Plus I usually buy kits with products that I wouldn't be able to find in town, or can't find easily someplace online. I know the MemoryWorks Express kits are fabulous and worth the money, and they're not $50 either!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MelissaW

I love my tidbitz in time kits. They are loaded. They are not $50.00 either and you don't have to buy add on's to get enough things for the kit.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

it depends. i never get kits because I'm very picky. but the only one's that i considered were the ones that had something to the. every month a new technique or things that are exclusive.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Kitty_wOlf

I've never tried kits. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are disappointed. I'd imagine that would make anyone reluctant to try another kit. If you do try again, I hope you find one that suits you better and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to siameseplease

call and complain nicely!
It's amazing what customer service will do if you just ask.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to parisdame

I like SOME kits. It depends. The ones I get are loaded and cheaper that what I would pay for the items all alone AND come with things I cannot find anywhere!

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Manda_K

definitely call and ask them if you can return or maybe they can give you something to satisfy you.

I only bought a kit for my very first scrapbook and it was a small one $15 I believe. I used it all.

I would prefer to buy things seperately. I will still buy some paper stacks but stay away from kits. I like mixing and matching on my own.

Edited by Just G on 09-23-10 10:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Just G

That Indian Summer Collection is Gorgeous paper!!!! I had that in my tidbitz in time kit and I used every bit of it!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Just G

Sorry, I have bought kits in the past with disappointment but you live and learn I guess. There's really no way to know because people vary in their feelings towards a kit, some love this one some love that one. Don't write them off as there are some great kits out there.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to DivaDana

I have not been disappointed in "kits" but I did research first, if I felt I got ripped off, I would email and ask for a refund, believe me, most companies really want your business and dont want you to be disappointed. I love moshposh and have had great customer service from them, if I was ever missing anything I just email kristin and tell her.

Let them know what your issues are and let us know how they responded. Susan A

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to riverroadrn

Definitely ask them if you can return it. Most kits are not cruddy.

Definitely do some research before you buy again---everyone here will be happy to tell which kits are the best

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-23-10 02:51 PM

• nswilliams Said:
Well I bit the bullet and purchased a scrapbook kit. I did mostly because there was a YT video from someone who purchased a kit from this person and it was exploding with items. This was to be a Prima CHA 2010 Kit. When I opened the box I was so excited. The more I looked the more I was let down. The kit cost $50.00 and the items in the kit didn't even total 50 bucks retail. Is this common?

Was it a make a project kit that came with instructions?

If so, the added cost will be for the instructions on how to make the project.
I have seen in the past quite high mark ups to cover the prep and addition of instructions. And depending on the project, and this I have learnt the hard way, the instructions are worth the money.

I have twice spent more than the cost of a project kit trying to figure out how something was made.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I don't get kits because I'm just too durn picky about what I'm going to use, and there's always too much stuff in the kit that I won't use. I tend to make my own kits and use them that way. $50 does sound a bit high, to my way of thinking.

SandiMinchuk
Resident
SandiMinchuk
In response to meezerpleaser

I used to own and operate a kit club. I packed my kits with way more than what they were worth. I really think it's unfair for a club to charge more than what the kit is worth. The club owner is paying wholesale costs, so it isn't like they aren't making a profit. I would definitely either return it or contact the owner of the club directly, expressing your disappointment. I know *I* would have loved to get more feedback on my kits at the time...

Good luck!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SandiMinchuk

I don't do the kit thing. I've been tempted, but the truth is, I have an LSS and an M's and an ACM all within 15 minutes of me, so I can get most of the things that would be in a kit ... and I can pick and choose the things I want instead of having to get everything in the kit.

I would definitely complain if you're not satisfied with the kit contents.

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to madmatter

I have been buying kits for 2 years. I like them. I like that I can get items that I won't normally purchase or can't get locally. I have never been burnt. I agree with calling the owner about it. I hope this doesn't sour your opinion on kit clubs. They aren't all like this.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics