Username Post: Colorbox Fluid Chalk Cat's Eye Stylus?        (Topic#1543571)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

Okay, so I'm a little confused. What on earth is the stylus stick thingy for with this?

And what are the merits of fluid chalk ink?

And why does this product have to have such a lengthy name?

Thanks!

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 09-27-10 12:05 AM
In response to astrangevictory

Not sure about the name, but the stylus is to help you get into those tricky corners with the chalk pad. And I personally much prefer chalk to actual ink when distressing or highlighting edges cause it doesn't have such a strong colour and if you make an oops, its not as noticible. If you want a darker colour, you just add more, or less you just don't press as hard or just use less layers.
But I have never used the stylus. I buy just the chalk pads.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 09-27-10 03:09 AM
In response to Cica

The inkpad attaches to the stylus to use when applying the ink.
I find it cumbersome. If I really need to get into tight spots I use a makeup sponge...more flexible.

I supppose my fingers wouldn't be so inked up if I used it more but what the hey?

I like the look of the chalk inks a lot.. to me they seem a little softer but intense if that makes any sense...
The name? Who knows?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to GMFTS

I love the chalk inks for edging and making soft backgrounds with stamped images. I had a stylus and gave it away. Useless, IMO. It's intended so you have more ability to get into tight corners and also so you might not mess up your hands while using the chalk ink. I just thought it was a PITA.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to siameseplease

No stylus for me either. I think they're more trouble than they're worth. Inky fingers are a small price to pay.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to madmatter

The chalk inks are AMAZING. I love them. But I hate the stylus. After struggling with it, I finally just gave it away.

Cindy

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to cindy312

I love my Cat's Eye chalk inks! They produce such a soft color without hard lines, except when you want them to line. I never used the stylus from the first -- as has been said, it was a PITA, so I just threw it out (I don't know anyone who'd want one). I don't buy my chalk inks in a set, but individually so that I have some control over the colors that I have.

lstory 
Mayor
In response to meezerpleaser

I buy the Colorbox inks in the Petal Point sets and the occasional standard ink pad, so I have nothing to contribute about the stylus; however, I will chime in strongly in favor of the chalk inks, which I use often for edging papers. Love the soft look they give!

Lisa

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to lstory

I LOVE the stylus! It's just easier for inking edges of projects, rather than gripping that small ink pad.

As said above, the chalk ink, is just that --chalk-like. You get a softer, flatter, chalky finish.

Why does it have such a long name? Well, the name originates from the inventor, Mr. Collin Box, and of course, the type of product "fluid chalk ink" and the color....

Just kidding. I have NO idea!!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Bxr-Linda

Love chalk inks. You get great, even coverage and it dries to a beautifully soft finish. The stylus can be attached to the ink pads for direct to paper applications without getting your hands dirty. There's also two different applicators you can use with the stylus - a foam and a sponge. They're in the shape of the ink pad to get into corners of your projects.

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to traceyjean

I use the chalk in for inking edges of EVERYTHING and putting over the top of things to tone colors down and distress.

My only complaints about the chalk ink is that there doesn't seem to be much in the pad, the pad gets crumbly with a lot of distress work, and on some of mine, the caps don't want to stay on.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to traceyjean

• traceyjean Said:
Love chalk inks. You get great, even coverage and it dries to a beautifully soft finish. The stylus can be attached to the ink pads for direct to paper applications without getting your hands dirty. There's also two different applicators you can use with the stylus - a foam and a sponge. They're in the shape of the ink pad to get into corners of your projects.

I've never seen these. My stylus snaps on the back of the ink pad.
I'm a little confused. So you have a piece of foam on the stylus, and then swipe it in ink?

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Bxr-Linda

I think the stylus attches to the ink pad.

I still have got to get me some of that chalk ink! I'll have to print out a m's coupon!

But I don't think i'll bother with the stylus.

Good post!

Cindy

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
  • traceyjean Said:

I've never seen these. My stylus snaps on the back of the ink pad.
I'm a little confused. So you have a piece of foam on the stylus, and then swipe it in ink?

Yes, the foam applicator works exactly like that. It's shaped just like the ink pads and snaps in the same way.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Tammy Sue

• Tammy Sue Said:
I use the chalk in for inking edges of EVERYTHING and putting over the top of things to tone colors down and distress.

My only complaints about the chalk ink is that there doesn't seem to be much in the pad, the pad gets crumbly with a lot of distress work, and on some of mine, the caps don't want to stay on.

what she said,,,,,,

I love love LOVE chalk inks for distressing,b ut I DO wish they made larger ones with more ink in them and the pad was a bit more durable,,,,I've had no problem with the caps so far though,,,,

the stylus is a PITA, IMHO,,,

momma paparazzi
Diva
momma paparazzi
In response to CommaHolly

Mine are the Colorbox cat's eyes that you used to be able to get in singles at Archiver's. I like them for inking the edges as well. Chalk inks are my fav!!

Marie_71
Veteran
Marie_71
In response to Tammy Sue

I use mine down to the "nub"!! But you do know that there are refillers ??

I only by the single ones so I've never tride the stylus. Seems a bit akward though... I have about 4 -5 of my favorite colors - Chestnut Roan, Dark Brown & Creamy brown. They're all in different stages of "dryness", ie some a new with a lot of dye in the and some only give a soft shade.

Something from my gallery where I used a lot of Fluid Chalks:

Edited by Morgaine on 10-12-10 12:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics