Username Post: paper embossing tools?        (Topic#1543687)
lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7

I was thinking about the cuttlebug, but I want to know if there is anything cheaper that anyone recommends? I don't know if I want to spend that much money to emboss paper. I will only use it to emboss paper. I won't be die cutting. Is there anything cheaper that someone can recommend to just emboss paper? Thank you thank-you!

Edited by lillygirl7 on 09-28-10 09:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to lillygirl7

this is popular.
Products Referenced in This Post:

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Here Kitty

I know its an investment, but I don't think there's any other machine right now that only embosses and is cheaper. Maybe look for a %50 off coupon for one of the big stores? I only use mine for an embosser.

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to iuplori

The texture boutique pictured above is cheaper than the cuttlebug and works exactly the same, just doesn't do die cutting. I have die cutter already and bought the texture boutique and I LOVE IT!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to CatScrapsHere

I have the texture boutique as well and it is fantastic, I think I paid $22 for the hot pink one with my 30% off coupon at Archivers, and it came with a embossing folder.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

I love my Cuttlebug -- I got it with a good discount, so I was happy with the price. I only use it for embossing, as well, but the embossing that it does is first rate.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to meezerpleaser

I love my Sizzix Texture Boutique!

Edited by debby_westbrook on 09-28-10 12:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to debby_westbrook

Another person for the Texture Boutique. It embosses beautifully and doesn't cost much. I already had a Cricut and I just wanted something to use embossing folders in.

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to Penny Lane

How many carts do you get with the sizzix? Do you know how much the carts are?does anyone know if the fiskars plates are compatible? I know they are with the cuttlebug thanks everyone.

Edited by lillygirl7 on 09-28-10 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn

you can use cuttlebug folders with a rolling pin, sprits the paper with a little water fora better emboss, thats what I did till I was ready to invest.

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to Brandilynn

Great idea Brandilynn thank you.

santoso10ny
Resident
santoso10ny

I use Sizzix Texture Boutique for embossing purpose only, and I LOVE it! The price is very affordable.

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to santoso10ny

I also have a texture boutique and I love it! Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders fit in it so you have a lot of options. I got the starter kit off this site and it came with 2 embossing folders, a bunch of cardstock samples and the machine. And it's really cute! It looks like a little handbag.

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to Smashley

Ohhh boy I am just loving reading all these comments.
I think I want to try a texture boutique, too.. because I have pretty much decided on a Silhouette digital cutter (no cartridges!!!) to use with my computer, and just want something to use for embossing.
Yay!

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

• Brandilynn Said:
you can use cuttlebug folders with a rolling pin, sprits the paper with a little water fora better emboss, thats what I did till I was ready to invest.

I was going to say folders with a rolling pin is the cheapest method! I do like the cuttlebug....

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to HisGEM

I finally got my cuttlebug yesterday for my birthday. I got a prenowned one. It came with 6 large embossing folders, 4 small folders 1 die, an extra b plate and a cute zippered storage binder for the all the folders. I paid $65 for everything! I'm so excited to play with it.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

have fun with it ... I love mine

lylacfey
Resident
lylacfey
In response to madmatter

Some girls use a pasta machine.

I love to emboss with my big heavy old fashion Red Sizzix. You know the one that weighs a ton. Try Freecycle or a garage sale to find one. Trust me that machine embosses beautifully.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to lylacfey

I have the big old red sizzix,,,,,Big Red, we call it

But I'm having issues with the embossing,,,,,it's not embossing evenly,,,,,,the middle has a spot that is not embossed as deeply, and I think I need a new machine,,,,,,

poooooooooooor me. Hafta buy a new machine

Peg364
Peg364 
Idol
Peg364

• Brandilynn Said:

I do this because I couldn't afford a die cut machine - it works great for what I need it for!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics