Username Post: Stickers        (Topic#1543861)
DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton

Anyone besides me still love them... I used to be a teacher, so maybe that's why... I love to buy them, sort them, look at them, and yes I still use them... I know they are not fashionable, but ... I break rules all the time, and pretty much do what I like anyway....

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to DaisyButton

I'm guilty -- I still buy stickers, especially cat stickers, and I hate quite a collection. I don't use them as often as I used to, but I'm also not scrapping as much as I used to. Need to pull some of them out and get going!

New Kid On the Block
In response to queenofstash

I am also more of a rub on person. Have you gotten into these yet? I feel like rub-ons look really nice - especially in scrapbooks or on card stock to make greeting cards for all occasions.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to jounderw

I just started trying rub ons this last year... Got the bg roller ball tail tool, and it works pretty good!
Products Referenced in This Post:

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to queenofstash

Jolees counts! I love them!

jeneppers
Veteran
jeneppers

I love to buy stickers...if that counts!!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11

I still love and use them!! 3d and flat. There are no scrap police! lol They were the first scrapbook thing available to me when I started scrapping. I still get that same excited feeling (as I did in the beginning) when I see them. I love all styles of stickers too. vintage, cutesy etc!! Don't feel bad! No one will judge you!

MamasBoys
Resident
MamasBoys
In response to anda11

I am a sticker lover too!! I love the sticker aisle at my HL and taking them home and organizing them I love all kinds too. I tend to mount the flat ones on layers of CS.

Scrap Happy 2006
Mayor
Scrap Happy 2006
In response to MamasBoys

I too started collecting stickers when I was a child. There was even a sticker store at the mall!

I still love stickers and have drawers of them (organized by theme of course).

Sounds like we should do a LO about our love of stickers!!!!!

Audrey04
Resident
Audrey04
In response to Scrap Happy 2006

Despite all the bad insults about stickers on layouts, I use them all the time. I think they are super-cute, especially on all my little girl layouts. If the with-it scrappers think it's tacky, oh well.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Audrey04

Occasionally I do like some 3D stickers,,,I just got the cutest pumpkin ones in a swap, and I DEFINITELY plan on using those! I like vintage stickers,,,,,,but I'm not so much into cutesy anything,,,,,,some people do cute WELL,,,i do not, and I know my limitations

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Audrey04

• Audrey04 Said:
Despite all the bad insults about stickers on layouts, I use them all the time. I think they are super-cute, especially on all my little girl layouts. If the with-it scrappers think it's tacky, oh well.

I totally agree,,,just because I (and whomever these "with-it" scrappers are) am not in love with stickers, doesn't mean you shouldn't use them,,,,you may not be in love with lace, and I use that all the time,,,

Telling someone that their LO's are tacky is pretty darn rude, IMHO,,,,and I've been told that some of my favorite LO's look like flower sneezes,,,,oh well,,,I like them, it's my style, my money, and my LO,,,,

Everyone's style is different, and everyone's style changes,,,,tell someone what they do is tacky, and you might just be eating your words in a few months or years,,,,,,styles are cyclical. Everything recycles

Edited by CommaHolly on 09-30-10 10:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to CommaHolly

I still use border and flourish stickers, especially chipboard or 3d ones, but I'm not a big fan of themed stickers and haven't used them much in a long time, even though I have a decent stash of them.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
  • Audrey04 Said:

I totally agree,,,just because I (and whomever these "with-it" scrappers are) am not in love with stickers, doesn't mean you shouldn't use them,,,,you may not be in love with lace, and I use that all the time,,,

Telling someone that their LO's are tacky is pretty darn rude, IMHO,,,,and I've been told that some of my favorite LO's look like flower sneezes,,,,oh well,,,I like them, it's my style, my money, and my LO,,,,

Everyone's style is different, and everyone's style changes,,,,tell someone what they do is tacky, and you might just be eating your words in a few months or years,,,,,,styles are cyclical. Everything recycles

I agree with Holly. Once in awhile I buy the 3-D stickers, because they are cute and I know I don't want to take the time to recreate them myself. Have fun no matter what you do.

kygirlnfla
Mayor
kygirlnfla
In response to dotfree

I too, am guilty of luving stickers...mostly 3-D but flat as well if I like the image. As a matter of fact, Jolee's stickers are probably what first got me into scrapping. I've always been into crafts and I'd often go down the sticker isle at M's while in there and one day bought a few....when they were 40% off of course! From there some paper and then some scrapping books and then I discovered online scrapbook shopping and oh Lord, the $$$ I've blown on this! Then I discover that a lot of scrap peeps don't like the stickers and are into making their own stuff....so I try not to use too many but I have to admit that I still like and use them!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to kygirlnfla

I just bought some apple stickers the other day!

I still have a ton of stickers so my goal is to use them up. I mostly have alphabets so lately all my titles have been made with flat stickers.

I've got two little ones so the stickers I know I won't use go to their stash.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to parisdame

I used to be the one rolling my eyes at stickers... sold or gave away every sticker I owned. Flat and dimensional. Love rub ons and clear stickers.

But lately, stickers have been sneaking their way onto my LOs. I think my last 10ish LOs have stickers on them, either dimensional or cardstock. Turns out, I just needed to learn how to use them.

I still don't shop for them or run for the sticker sales but when they come in a kit like with Sassafras or Fancy Pants, I use them.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics