Hi Kelly, I think this is just the group I need for inspiration, co-ordination and organization!!
Type of Space - half a room
Colours/Style/Theme - my room is all white, and my creations, and scrappy goodies are the colour
Main Challenge - Neat containers that keep my things safe from little fingers!
I am in awe of your organization K! I'm so not organized, but for the last couple of months, I've been slowly purging and organizing things, so I'd love to join this group for inspiration.
type of space: Bf and I share an office/scrap room. themes/colors: white walls, the only decorations besides our "stuff" are his anime posters (don't get me going, lol).
challenge: my biggest challenge is actually putting stuff back, but I think it's because not everything actually has an assigned home, and I can never seem to figure out a system that works for me.
My current project has been labeling containers/drawers to things have a defined home.
Hi Kelly! Hoping I can learn something here, find some inspiration and finally find a way to organize all this stuff that makes some sense!
Name - Katharine
1. Type Of Space - dining room table & a bookshelf
2. Colors/Style/Themes - nothing specific
3. Main Challenge - working on the dining room table and having to share my space with the rest of the family
1. Type Of Space - small office 6'X 9' with an L shaped counter top work space
2. Colors/Style/Themes - Two red walls and two white walls. Winnie the Pooh stamped across the top of the walls.
3. Main Challenge - Need to purge and reorganize what I have. I haven't done any organization since I moved into the space about 3 years ago. Many things do not have a proper home.
I love all the ideas you have posted. Looking forward to drooling over all of them many more times!!
1. What are some things that are currently working for you? (please list)
2. Followed by, What are some things that are NOT working for you? (please also list)
what's working for me: things that are easy to group and can fill a container (whether it's small or big) on their own. My buttons have their own cases, glimmer mist and alcohol inks in small stackable cases, alphas have several drawers of their own.
what's not working:
One factor is I go to crops every month, sometimes more often. So I grab specific items I want (ie a bunch of purple embellishments) out of their cases, because I don't want to bring the whole case with me. there's a lot of in and out with my stuff.
sorting/organizing paper. I recently got rid of a vertical shelving system, because I never put things back where they belonged and couldn't find anything anyway. I switched to those 12x12 plastic cases, a couple for cardstock ( which currently are not sorted in anyway) and a couple for patterned paper. those are at least easier to fit in the room, don't take up so much space.
"random" things or stuff I don't keep a lot of - minor amounts of baby/wedding embellies, birthday, etc. they don't warrant a container of their own, but then I lose track of them.
I'm also conflicted about wanting clear storage, so I can see everything, or storage that looks pretty, but then I can't see what's in it.