type of space: Bf and I share an office/scrap room.
themes/colors: white walls, the only decorations besides our "stuff" are his anime posters (don't get me going, lol).
challenge: my biggest challenge is actually putting stuff back, but I think it's because not everything actually has an assigned home, and I can never seem to figure out a system that works for me.
My current project has been labeling containers/drawers to things have a defined home.
Congrats on the continued purging & organization Tina!
Sharing Space w/Others!
- Offhand, hopefully, Nati (from the list) will be able to join us. I know she shares a space with her husband. Same for Karen, but I know she's in the middle of a huge organizational makeover right now, but I think her hubby sweetly gave up his portion of the room.
We'll have to ask & find out more if & when both ladies stop by.
- As for the walls, I think in the case of any possible painting or wall borders...those items would both be a task to try and work on before anything else.
Being a military spouse, I move way too often to bother to paint, so white is all I seem to know. In my case, basically, I need to get some pieces on the wall, but ultimatley have yet to really get it all done the way that I would like! (clock, frames & artwork = then I'll finally be done!)
Some questions or ideas to consider might be...
- What types of plans do we have for our wallspace? (if any).
- How much space is there to be used/or filled up?
- Are you a visual storage or hidden storage type of scrapper?
- When thinking of the walls, What all would you like to see on them?...
Shelving?....Decorative curtain rods? (for Layout displays, tools, D.I.Y. Clip-It up, etc?)....
Photos?...Or perhaps signs & handmade craft projects?
- If you are basically traveling from 1 location to another...as an idea, you might try either scrapping from a rolling tote, a craft tote/cart or even a rolling kitchen cart.
If floor space is an issue (in the case of any possible rolling storage),
1) you could keep your tools in a carry tote...
2) assign your scraps a scrap bin...
3) 12x12 paper to a paper bin...
4) & any other leftover misc embellies & such to a work tray, basket or box.
- What are you currently using? Do you have a certain shape, color or style that you would like to use? Eitherway & if so, we can be sure to post & keep a list of some various free printable labels & such!