Username Post: The best glue for loose glitter        (Topic#1544085)
Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf

what do you think is the best glue for loose glitter?

I'm still looking for the perfect one that nothing will come lose after it dries....

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Running it through a Xyron machine works best for me.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to HisGEM

Yes, Xyron has been good.
I also have the Martha Stewart glitter glue. I have had pretty good luck with it, but then I also use her glitter.

I just discovered that using glossy accents on top is a great way to seal it and give a nice finish!

What type of glues have you tried already?

Kozy Scraps
Pro
Kozy Scraps
In response to jaxxan

For larger Items i run though my Xyron and then I always seal it with modge podge. There are other products out there, but I like podge podge the best. When running the paper through you your Xyron sticker maker, you always want to seal your glitter. I just paint the the glue on in a thin coat. It take about ten minutes to dry. You can use a heat gun to speed it up, gut be careful not to hold the heat tool too close. You can get burnt marks. If you can see the glue bubble, you are holding it too close. I did that once when making glittery leaves. The burn marks actually looked awesome with the color of glitter I was using.

For smaller projects I will either glossy accents, tacky glue or the MS glitter glue. It all depends on what type of look I am going for.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to Kozy Scraps

Dimensional glue is a great glue to use for glitter cuz u have 2 choices. #1: U can apply the glue for flat items then spinkle on the glitter or u can use dimensional glue if u want ur glittered item to have dimension. I have done both, flat and dimensional.

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to spend2much

When I want it to look and feel like glitter and stay put, then I use The Best Glue Ever (yes that's the name) by ScraPerfect. If I want it to be sealed within a plastic coating, then I would use a dimensional glaze over it.

There's a RAK for a free bottle of The Best Glue Ever going on right now:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15438...

Here's a card by Peraspera and she used the The Best Glue Ever for mica flakes and she wrote that "mica isn't particularly glue-friendly, and she tried Zip Dry, Ailenes Super Tacky,and E6000 and found The Best Glue Ever to be the best".

Mica Thank You By Peraspera

You can even stamp with this glue and sprinkle glitter on it. (And if you do it on fabric and wait 24-48 hours, you can wash it and the glitter will stay.)Here's a video about stamping with the glue and applying glitter www.youtube.com/scraperfect#p/u/6/nzr cwfKZ8X0

There are a many more videos about it at www.youtube.com/scraperfect like how to re-sticky you Cricut mat or how to make your own glue spots.

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to scraperfect

What about glue pens? The ones I have tried don't seem to be strong enough to hold the glitter. Anyone have luck with a particular pen. I want to be able to write and then glitter it.

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to scraperfect

What about glue pens? The ones I have tried don't seem to be strong enough to hold the glitter. Anyone have luck with a particular pen. I want to be able to write and then glitter it.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Tammy Sue

for glues i use aleena's tacky glue, glossy accents diamond glaze pretty much whatever i have on hand but i seem to go for my aleena glue i let it dry with the glitter on it then i spray with a clear coat spray paint never had a problem with the glitter flaking off.

JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick
In response to Briannasmom

I use Glossy Accents on smaller items like chipboard and things. I use a spray adhesive by 3M or larger altered projects. The 3M really holds tight.

I've also used Gel Medium for chunky glitter on large altered projects that I wanted to have a dimensional feel.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics