Page 4 of 43 
Username Post: Secret Sister Retreat May        (Topic#1544177)
Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to 888

You have my mouth watering Nikilynn.

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-10 10:44 AM
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Fortunes Fool Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
I'll take Thursday night... maybe... I'll cook twice... someone buy what I need to make homemade taco's... (meaning... I don't buy my shells, I make them) Then I wouldn't mind cooking on Friday too!!!

I'll do this! I'm really good at buying groceries!

If everyone is cool with me cooking two nights.. I'm cool with doing it!!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to 888

• Nikilynn Said:
  • Fortunes Fool Said:
  • Nikilynn Said:
I'll take Thursday night... maybe... I'll cook twice... someone buy what I need to make homemade taco's... (meaning... I don't buy my shells, I make them) Then I wouldn't mind cooking on Friday too!!!

I'll do this! I'm really good at buying groceries!

If everyone is cool with me cooking two nights.. I'm cool with doing it!!

If you give me instructions I'll even help cook, and will learn from watching a master!

Mayor
  • 888 on 10-07-10 11:24 AM

hahahahah!!!! you are making me laugh Traci!! Can't wait to meet you!!

Heck... I can BARELY wait to meet all you girls!!!!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to 888

I'll check in with some girlfriends there and see what they suggest too. My daughter has many contacts too. I can make my Chicken Stew ahead of time, it freezes well.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Sassy Suzi

Which meal do you want to claim Suzette?

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
I have some thoughts and ideas to share. Look we know where or about where everyone lives. So here goes:
The southern states that border GA could also be used as a place to fly into and the ones of us driving could pick you ladies up. Flying in to Atlanta isnt a problem to pick up either. You know most everyone already knows what state we all live in anyway. I am in TN by way of GA, I have lived in the Atlanta area all my life and just moved to TN 8 years ago. (Dont worry I dont mail from my address to my SS.) So if you would like to fly into Nashville or Chattanooga I and/or Betsye can pick you up. I have a Tahoe that seats me plus 7 more. I do have the luggage bag for the top with rails too. If need be I also have a trailer, it is not enclosed but I may be able to find one by then. Just giving you an opportunity to fly in where it may be cheaper or more convenient for you. Another airport could be Huntsville, AL which someone may be happy to pick up there too. Its all about saving $$$.

We need to get together as to what we need, for the ones of us driving in we can manage to bring what you don’t want to fly in. Also you can mail to us and we can mail back out to you. I took everything but my Cricut when I flew to OH, I can pack. I use my Crop Hopper and checked it with my huge suitcase plus my carry on.

Southwest has the best airfares right now and two free luggage, and they bought Airtran which is based in Atlanta.

If we are all meeting in Atlanta on Wednesday. My City!!! There are certain areas of Atlanta you need to stay out of. Let me look into where you/we need to stay, for fun and safety. Also I’ll check and see what is happening in the city that night.

Feel free to comment on my thoughts. I am new to Crop Events, but not new to planning/working events.

I feel like Deb, where I scrap very much doesnt matter to me as long as I get to meet everyone.

I probably will not be staying at the Retreat but, would love to pickup anyone from the Huntsville Airport (which usually cost more than) or I could pick anyone up from the Birmingham airport which is on the way to that part of GA. Just thought I'd offer.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to SweetPinksSS

Something to consider...Tres was talking tonight about the possibility of coming in a day early (Wednesday evening) and maybe doing something touristy Thursday morning, and my suggestion was to go on a Gone With the Wind tour since she loves GWTW so much. I'm planning on going because I love GWTW too, but maybe not everyone would be interested.

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to Rosita

Okay ladies I'm in for sure! Sign me up!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to parisdame

yummo food talk! Homemade diners, fun gals and scrapping...the only thing that would make it better would be cheesecake

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to scrapbrarian

Okay... here is my idea. If we are doing meals in and some order in plus the Olive Garden...

Rosita and I will use the extra cash left over from the deposit to buy drinks (the non-alcoholic ones), snacks, and a goodie bag for each girl. That way, the only extra cash we will need for the retreat will be for the meal you are providing, ordering, or whatever and your own personal spending cash (including the trip to Olive Garden). I talked with Rosita about that and she thought that was a good idea too!

So, when the retreat gets closer, each girl attending needs to put what they like to drink (soda, diet soda, whatever...) and some snacks that they like to munch on when they are scrapping!

Does that sound good to everyone who is going?

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
Okay... here is my idea. If we are doing meals in and some order in plus the Olive Garden...

Rosita and I will use the extra cash left over from the deposit to buy drinks (the non-alcoholic ones), snacks, and a goodie bag for each girl. That way, the only extra cash we will need for the retreat will be for the meal you are providing, ordering, or whatever and your own personal spending cash (including the trip to Olive Garden). I talked with Rosita about that and she thought that was a good idea too!

So, when the retreat gets closer, each girl attending needs to put what they like to drink (soda, diet soda, whatever...) and some snacks that they like to munch on when they are scrapping!

THis sounds like a great idea to me!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi

Great idea Kimberly.
How many meals and how many in a group for each meal. Also we need to do a good ole southern breakfast with GRITS! lol

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Rosita

• Rosita Said:
OK, I kind of see where you're going with this Traci, If there are 14 of us and only 8 meals, how to make this fair? Do we want to just order meals and split the cost? How about pairing up and two people take a meal and share the cost and preparation (even if the preparation could be one person looking up the phone number of the delivery place and another person actually dialing the number)?

Me, I'm kinda selfish and want to try some of the dishes y'all have mentioned.

Oh, and I do realize that Rebecca will be bringing her own food for her special diet so she won't have to help with any of the meals.

Rosita, thanks, I will be bringing my own food but I am happy to help with the setup, cooking or cleanup. You did say there is a grocery store close by right?? I hope to buy some of what I need to suppliment what I am bringing so I have more space for scrappy stuff!

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:

Sounds good to me!!

SweetPinksSS
Resident
SweetPinksSS

Oh how I really wish I could be with you girls for this trip. I would love to meet my little sister.
Kimberly, I hope that you have a cheerful day and a great weekend.

Here is a little something special for you.

Edited by SweetPinksSS on 10-08-10 09:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to SweetPinksSS

To Pink's SS, why don't you stop by my place next week, Pink will be visiting and we could all scrap together!!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

ok, I think I'm gonna do it. count me in! looks like Tres and I are coming off the maybe list and the house is full! let the good times roll, lol.

wait till I tell Jason, he's gonna think I'm nuts.

I'm not such a great cook, especially not in quantities. so I'm happy to chip in for food and help with stuff as long as I don't have sole responsibility.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to Tina scraps

they have a karaoke machine! hahahahah

scrapbrarian
Governor
scrapbrarian
In response to Tina scraps

Yeah Tina is going!!!! Prepare to be hugged!!

Page 4 of 43 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics