Username Post: What do you do with your Works in Progress?        (Topic#1544277)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

If you're anything like me, you don't get your WIPs done in one sitting/cropping/session. And also, if you're like me, you need your cropping space to be multifunctional, which means the WIPs need to go elsewhere.

So how do YOU store your WIPs? Not necessarily tools and products and such, but the half-finished LOs?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to astrangevictory

I have page pockets (pocket planner). i put the sketch ideas and any items that still need to go on the LO in the pocket.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 10-04-10 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

I have 2 Pages in Progress boxes that I use. I usually don't have more than 2 layouts at a time that need finishing.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Oh...duh...I forgot my Art Bin. I use these, too, to hold the papers and embellies for my projects. I will often store a page in progress in the Art Bin.
Products Referenced in This Post:

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Luvmyfam

I have the page planners by cropper hopper also.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to NMlady

I have a drawer, one of those steralite (sp?) bins from walmart with the 12x12 drawers. One drawer is devoted completely to works in progress and it's entirely TOO FULL!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Penny Lane

I have a huge old re-purposed built in china cabinet,,,ugliest thing you ever saw, but it holds TONS,,,one shelf is for works in progress, another for drying items, like stickles and glimmer mist,,,I can close the doors and no cats will get their fur in it or bother it.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to CommaHolly

I have page folders that I use to store my 12x12 works in progress. When I'm working on a mini book or smaller project I stack all of my supplies in my scraps bin and snap on the lid so that everything is in one place and ready to go.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I do usually leave mine out on my scrap desk, but if I'm getting company and need my room to look tidy, I tuck it away in an art bin.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Kamananui

I usually leave mine lay out on one of my desks. Now Thanks to Jennifer, I have to go find me a chocolate chip cookie. Her avitar just looks too yummy!

Edited by debby_westbrook on 10-05-10 06:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mgiov
mgiov 
Mayor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 10-05-10 06:54 AM
In response to Kamananui

I'm actually pretty anal about finishing one before I start another. The two that have me stuck are lying flat in plastic bags where I can see (and not forget about)them.
The mini album that I swear will be finished by next Spring is in one of those Iris containers from M's.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to mgiov

I can't leave los and move on to the next one until it's finished, so it just sits on my desk, overnight if need be, but no longer than that

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to astrangevictory

I'm so OCD that I can't NOT finish my LO's in one sitting. But then I put them in an IRIS box for a few days before taking them out to put in albums. That's when I sometimes tweak the LO by adding a little something to it, usually Stickles.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 10-05-10 10:47 AM
In response to meezerpleaser

I usually leave it out on my desk (well out of reach of Miss Maddie's little paws ) if I just run out of time and need to finish it up later. If I've just got some things together but can't make it look right, I have some 12x12 plastic envelopes from Close To My Heart that I put everything in. I think I've only got a couple stored that way now because I usually do finish a LO before I start another one, but it helps me keep everything organized and together until inspiration hits!

Shelly_Anne00
Guru
Shelly_Anne00
In response to LeeLo

I have a box that I actually got a scrapbook kit in for Christmas from one of my friends. I put my page in progress in there and it sits on my scrap table. For pages i haven't even started...or ideas for pages i haven't even started. I have 12X12 folders that I put in a file sorter on one of my cabinets. I have so many albums to do after I finish the one I'm working on...and I put them on paper so I don't forget what's next. Also...if I buy something or find something for that particular project...I can put it in the file folder til I'm ready to start.

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Shelly_Anne00

most recently I keep them in my head LOL!!!!!
ok that doesnt really help yah....I have a pizza box and a 12X12 folder for inprogress projects that I actually start.

Tammy Sue
Expert
Tammy Sue
In response to Brandilynn

I once saw a product on Scrapbook Memories (which I've never seen in the stores) that was a metal mat that came with little magnets that you could use to tack down your project pieces on your layout and then pick the whole thing up and put it away.

I am thinking you could create your own similar product by just sliding your craft mat onto a metal cookie sheet, and tacking everything down with fridge magnets and sliding the whole thing under your bed or into a drawer.

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to Shelly_Anne00

I make page kits using 2-gallon ziploc bags. I put paper, pictures, embelishments purchased specifically for that layout, a post-it with my layout design ideas (if I have anything in mind) in it.

When I pull out a kit to complete it, sometimes I finish it, sometimes I don't (or can't, because I don't yet have something I want to add). If that's the case, I just put the unfinished layout and all it's "stuff" back in the bag.

I use my Art Bin to carry the pages I want to work on (hopefully finish!) to crops. It keeps me from taking ALL my pages that I think I'll get done, because the Art Bin only holds so much, lol! The ones I'm not working on stay in my Really Useful Boxes (hilarious brand name) for storage. I have pics in my gallery of the storage...

Resident
In response to CarrieBH

I use a power layout box from CM. It holds los for a whole album. Idas for one page then put all photos an embellies, then to the next. Sometimes I put them together then and there and sometime I don't. They still stay in place.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to eyescrapp

I have the cropper hopper page holders and if they get filled I put WIPS in album sleeves and put them in one of my PSB binders.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics