Username Post: Chalk vs Chalk Ink        (Topic#1544315)
SuzyM
SuzyM 
Resident
SuzyM
  • SuzyM on 10-05-10 12:13 PM

I have only used Cats Eye ink but I was looking at the Pebbles Chalk and was wondering the difference between the two. I like to ink my corners of some of my cards. I was looking at the Pebbles and thought this would work really well but I am worried that the chalk would rub off in time.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to SuzyM

I've never had a problem with the chalk rubbing off but I don't use it on the edges of cards just to color my stamped images. I would continue to use the Cats Eye ink for the corners of your cards.

Grad Card Jena By NMlady

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to NMlady

I use the chalks and inks

Inks go on darker but it's harder to control application. I love both and use chalk pencils too

I have created bg paper by chalking/inking
Aspen 2010 By Just G

Edited by Just G on 10-05-10 06:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lillygirl7
Guru
lillygirl7
In response to Just G

I have wondered this too. I have always worried about it wearing off or transferring

hollystar
Veteran
hollystar
In response to lillygirl7

i had a rep demo some of the pebbles chalks for me a month or so ago, and i have to say they look pretty neat. you can layer them and, like someone said before, you have a bit more control over the color. chalk ink definitely has a different look to it.

SuzyM
SuzyM 
Resident
SuzyM
  • SuzyM on 10-06-10 04:34 AM
In response to hollystar

I am going to give the Pebbles a try. There are sometimes the Cat's eyes are not easy to get in an area I am working and I thought the little puff balls would work perfectly.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to SuzyM

Here is an example that the punch edges are inked as well as the photos. The jars on the top are chalked, you can get a much more subtle color variance with the chalks. Inked lines are harder and more defined.

Store By Scrap4brains

Edited by scrap4brains on 10-06-10 05:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to lillygirl7

Somebody showed me a trick to "set" chalks--cover with a piece of wax paper and run a brayer over the chalked areas. It embeds the chalks into the paper. Make extra sure any inks or such are dry first! Chalks are great fun and a wonderfully subtle touch for shading. Plus, they last forever (love that).

The "metallic chalks" by Pebbles are an entirely different animal--they're creamy!

SuzyM
SuzyM 
Resident
SuzyM
  • SuzyM on 10-06-10 05:07 PM
In response to GemGirl

• GemGirl Said:
Somebody showed me a trick to "set" chalks--cover with a piece of wax paper and run a brayer over the chalked areas. It embeds the chalks into the paper. Make extra sure any inks or such are dry first! Chalks are great fun and a wonderfully subtle touch for shading. Plus, they last forever (love that).

The "metallic chalks" by Pebbles are an entirely different animal--they're creamy!

What is a brayer?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics