Username Post: Stamping Ink that Works Well With Copics?        (Topic#1544673)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

So I am beginning to experiment with my Copics. I stamped an image with American Crafts brand black pigment ink, and a couple of hours later, started coloring with the Copics. However, it seems like the Copics "pick up" a little of the pigment ink, which I really don't like! What am I doing wrong? Should I be using another kind of stamping ink?

Thanks!
Products Referenced in This Post:

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to astrangevictory

I use Memento ink with Copics, no bleeding.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to tinacome

I also use memento. No bleeding and virtually no need to let it dry for a long time, either.

Word to the wise...don't use Staz-on unless you want to potentially ruin your marker tips.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to siameseplease

Momento is the best ink with copics it dries fast and doesn't get on your tips. as someone else said don't use staz on it will kill your tips.

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Sneezy1956

I think ranger archival ink works too. I don't have copics, but archival ink once dry won't bleed.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 10-10-10 05:46 AM
In response to StarsNSparkles

I read an article somewhere that said Memento is the best as it does not bleed and stain your copics.

scrappinmylife
Expert
scrappinmylife
In response to Cica

Memento, thanks for that tip!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to scrappinmylife

ditto

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to DaisyButton

Memento is my first choice.

And Brilliance if heat set.

The reason the ink "bleeds" is because Copic is alcohol ink; there is a chemical reaction between it and certain ink types, like dye based and solvent inks. Either the alcohol makes the ink "smear" or it eats away at it, like when using Staz-On.

And easy way to test without ruining markers is to stamp an image with the ink you want to test and add a droplet of colorless blending soultion to it and see what happens.

I hope that helps!!

scrappiepammie
Guru
scrappiepammie
In response to Cica

• Cica Said:
I read an article somewhere that said Memento is the best as it does not bleed and stain your copics.

I totally agree

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to scrappiepammie

Exactly what everyone else has said. Although I am just starting myself, everywhere I've read has said Memento or Brillance. In fact I just bought the "right" paper and a memento ink pad this weekend at a stamp show, specifically for my copics.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to disneylisa

I use A Muse (amuse)...works great...no bleeding...it states on the back label perfect to use with alchohol inks markers. I may give Memento a whirl now too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics