Username Post: Ranger Ink Paints--Dried OUT        (Topic#1544811)
lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

I am so disappointed.

I have a bunch of Crackle Paints and Paint dabber paints from Ranger Ink. About half of the crackles have never been opened and are still in the plastic. I was cleaning up a few things yesterday afternoon and noticed that all my crackles and dabbers are all dried out. What a disappointment. I spent a lot of money on them and now can't use them.

Anyone else have this problem?????

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to lilmrmaid

Yep, and it ticked me off, too. I opened up my crackle paint to use it on a LO about two weeks ago and it was a dried up mess. I know there's got to be a way to liquify it again, but I don't know what it is!

stephie
Idol
stephie
In response to lilmrmaid

I just found the same problem with several of my crackle paints. Why not try contacting Ranger directly and see if they'll do anything for you. I think I'm going to try too.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to stephie

I emailed them yesterday, no answer back yet.

mgiov
mgiov 
Mayor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 10-12-10 05:59 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

Tim Holtz mentioned on one of his videos to add a few drops of water when that happened. They will dry out because they're water-based. One of mine got dryer because of constant use and the few drops worked like a charm.
However, it doesn't seem right that unopened jars would dry out, unless they're exposed to a lot of light.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mgiov

Nope not exposed to light.

mgiov
mgiov 
Mayor
mgiov
  • mgiov on 10-12-10 07:39 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

Then they really ought to replace them. IMHO, that is

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to mgiov

I had that problem also, just add water and stir. Add a few drops, stir and if it is still think, just keep adding more drops until its workable. Works everytime.

momofaym
Veteran
momofaym
In response to lilmrmaid

I emailed Ranger about something awhile back and NEVER heard from them I hope they answer you! Good luck and sorry to hear about your issues!

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to momofaym

I'm not sure where I found it (youtube I think), but I remember watching a video Tim Holtz did where he showed how to fix that problem by adding water.

grandmamichelf
Veteran
grandmamichelf
In response to beccaboo3

All of mine did the same thing. I added water and had no problem. But it was just too much trouble. I didn't have many paint daubers, but I had several of the crackle ones.

BearFamily
Mayor
BearFamily
In response to beccaboo3

Water worked well for my paint dabber, I don't know about the crackle paint. I also used a drop of water on my distress inkpad and also that worked very well, good luck !

Edited by BearFamily on 10-12-10 11:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-12-10 11:52 AM
In response to lilmrmaid

I would try calling Ranger. Or emailing. I bought one of the distress pads, didnt use it for a bit, when I opened it I found that the pad wasnt adhered completely to the bottom of the plastic, so it worked ok if I was using a stamp but not if I was trying to distress the edge of paper as it would flop about. I called them, they sent me a new one and I didnt even have to send the defective one back.

JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick
In response to Hev

I have had a issue with a few and I actually called Ranger and they replaced them. Hopefully they will for you too.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to JennyChesnick

like the ladies above said. Just add water. I had to mix my crackle paint a little but it works great now.

Penny Lane
Diva
Penny Lane
In response to andrea m

If they are water soluble then adding water SHOULD work. I worked in an art store for years and 99% of the time this worked.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to Penny Lane

thanks ladies, I will try the water and see what happens

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to cnsarenee

• cnsarenee Said:
I had that problem also, just add water and stir. Add a few drops, stir and if it is still think, just keep adding more drops until its workable. Works everytime.

thanks! I'll try that. If all it takes is some water to get it back to usable, I'll be happy. I know that paint can't sit around forever without getting dried out and that's an easy enough solution.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics