Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Someone had both Pink ATG and ATG 714?        (Topic#1544823)
kottens
Idol
kottens

Simple question-which one should I buy? Is it worth the extra money to buy a 714? Why? Anyone had both?

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to kottens

Don't have the pink one, but I've got the 714. I think it's more heavy-duty than the pink one -- I know its adhesive holds like iron! I believe the pink one also has repositionable adhesive that you can buy, whereas the 714 does not. IMO, the 714 is the way to go -- but others may disagree

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to meezerpleaser

I thought they both took the same adhesive??? I have the pink one and it too is very sticky.

HollyD
HollyD 
Mayor
HollyD
In response to HisGEM

I examined the pink one very closely, because my friend was interested. (She calls me her scrap husband, b/c I'm an engineer and her husband and I are a lot alike). Anyway, I couldn't really see any difference between them.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 10-12-10 10:37 AM
In response to HisGEM

I have the 714. I think it and the pink one are supposed to be the same size and take the same tape. The difference that I've heard is that the 714 is more heavy duty since its original purpose was framing and not scrapbooking. From what I understand, the pink one is not quite so heavy duty. I like my 714 and although I wish it was pink, I'm perfectly happy with my 714, especially knowing it is probably a better made gun.

ETA: I got my 714 online for a very reasonable price. I got it from a framing supply company, not a scrapbooking supply company.

Edited by LeeLo on 10-12-10 10:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to LeeLo

I have both, I personally see no difference in them unless the plastic is a little thicker on the red one. I bought the pink for the color and support of BC. Awesome way to adhere!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to DivaDana

I have both.

- They both seem to weigh the exact same.

- The only difference seems to be the 'type, not the brand' of tape they came with (One is heavier duty).

- I think in the end, the only real difference, comes down to a matter of color preference. JMHO!

Hope That Helps you with you choice!

kottens
Idol
kottens
In response to KellyCali

Thank you all so much for your input, you´ve been very helpful. I´m not to happy about buying a pink one, but the price difference is huge so I guess it´ll be a pink. I can hide it in a drawer.
But it´s for a good cause...

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kottens

I've used both, though I only own the 714,,,no difference at all that I can see,,,,the adhesive is the same 908 gold HOWEVER, at M's you can buy 2 rolls of GENERAL PURPOSE tape that is NOT acid free for cheaper (5.99) OR 2 rolls of the 9078 gold (9.99),,,so be careful that you read the box, they look EXACTLY alike,,,,,,,,the 714 may be a tiny bit more rough and tumble,after all, it was made for fromers who work 8-10 hours a day,

I'd not bother with buying the 714 if you can get the pink for a much better price, personally.

kottens
Idol
kottens
In response to CommaHolly

Do you know if Michaels have the pink one? I´m going to New York tomorrow.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kottens

Many do, though you may have to call around and try to find out which ones do,,,

the one nearest me does not, but the one 25 minutes away does,

AND you can use a coupon!!!!

kottens
Idol
kottens

I live in Sweden and have only got a couple of hours when I´m on a conference in NY, so I guess I just have to take my chanses. Thanks!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kottens

Hopefully they will have one for you! I love mine, and can't imagine scrapping without it!

I hope you have a lovely trip to the states!

kottens
Idol
kottens

Thank you!

Can you use the tape refillers to the 714 on the pink one or does it have to be the refillers belonging to the pink? If I´ve understood it correctly the tape belonging to 714 is much stronger.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kottens

it's the same tape,,,,when you pull it out, it is the 908 gold,,

and yes you can use the same tape!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I buy the pink refills for my red 714 gun all the time,,,it has the same exact gold tab as I've bought elsewhere, and it's equally sticky! As far as I can tell, it's the exact same tape!

kottens
Idol
kottens

Great!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you MIGHT be able to get a better deal buying the ATG tape online in a package of 12 though, than you can buying it 2 at a time in M's,,,

kottens
Idol
kottens

Thanks, that´s really worth looking into.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kottens

you're welcome!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics