Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Which color do you prefer???        (Topic#1544999)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

I have just recently bought my first Tim Holtz distress ink pad and got 2 more yestreday.

I now have:
tead dye
antique linen
black

What colors do you prefer and why? Also which one works well on dark colors for inking the edges of paper?

TIA

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to jennaroo

I LOVE my Frayed Burlap pad! To me, it's the perfect brown for distressing. I am not sure what works well on dark colors as I only have about 8 colors, and they're all pretty dark. Do you want to use it on black solid cardstock or more for dark patterned paper?

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to Smashley

I love chipped saphire for blue and walnut ink for brown and black soot. I use my walnut ink & black soot the most and I've had to buy reinkers for those two.

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to jennaroo

I also love frayed burlap. I use it all the time. I don't use much dark paper so I can't help with that. For light colors, I love spun sugar and tumbled glass. I really need to crack open the rest of my colors and see what they look like.

momofaym
Veteran
momofaym
In response to jennaroo

I love walnut stain, I think that works really well for inking the edges. I also love the faded jeans one because I only have a boy and it's the perfect blue. Can't wait to get others!!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to momofaym

I have them all and love them!!

My faves are black soot, vintage photo, peeled paint, chipped sapphire or faded jeans, barn red and scattered straw!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to TripletMother

My first ink was Brushed Corderouy and I love it! Although my current top faves are Vintage Photo, Peeled Paint and Broken China. It is really hard to choose though because I do use the 14 I have all the time!

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to MrsAnnieS

i'M DEF. GOING TO HAVE TO CHECK INTO MORE COLORS.THE NAMES FOR EACH ARE SO INTRIGUING TO.....I'M CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT PEELED PAINT AND BROKEN CHINA LOOK LIKE BECAUSE THEIR NAMES AMUSE ME, LOL.

candy.queen
Expert
candy.queen
In response to jennaroo

I love vintage photo and I use it on almost everything I do

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to candy.queen

The background on the top of this page was done with Broken China. Direct ink to paper then lightly sprayed with water, the let the color run to get an uneven, realistic look.

Fearless By Scrap4brains

Currently I like Barn Door, but I have a lot of them and change favorites often.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to candy.queen

Broken China for blues or Faded Jeans or Chipped Sapphire...lol

I like Rusty Hinge (it is like burnt orange)

Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo for browns.

Umm, Black Soot is great.

I also LOVE Pumice Stone! It is a dark grey-green.

All of them are good. I don't have one I don't use!

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Manda_K

When I first started scrapping (a whole 5 months ago) someone told me I HAD to get some TH distress ink pads. I could not imagine why I would need any so I waited. My first was antique linen and I have since bought another 12! Now I wish I had bought them earlier. I can't scrap without Tim! Funny thing is that antique linen is still my favorite!

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to Manda_K

I have all of these and love them for inking/distressing!

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 10-15-10 11:06 AM
In response to kariyava

I think every color is awesome! I wish I had them all! The only color that I think is kind of strange is Old Paper because it's green, which isn't what I think of when I think of old paper; Antique Linen is better for that kind of color.
As for for what color would work best on dark colored paper, I don't think any of them would make much of a contrast. I think that Cat's Eye chalk inks in pale colors work well for that though.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to jennaroo

I use tea dye, vintage photo, and black soot. But I mostly use Chestnut Roan from Cat's Eye to do antiqued edges - don't know why.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to meezerpleaser

Tea Dye and Fired Brick are my favorites.

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to dotfree

can someone be the little birdie that tells my DH what I want for christmas....because I already have to front teeth, lol. the whole TH ink pads would be such a fab gift right??? I want them all.

BUT some look like they might be the same colors....I sampled tattered rose and antique linen and they are so close, I bought the antique linen, haven't used it yet though.

kajunkat
Idol
kajunkat
In response to jennaroo

I dont have any yet Hopin to buy some soon. I think I will buy Scattered Straw, Walnut
Stain, Crushed Olive, or Mustard Seed first. But who knows I am not sure. It looks like awesome stuff.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to kajunkat

Enabler alert!

Products Referenced in This Post:

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

I just did the math and it is only 1 cent cheaper to buy a bunch of them.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics