Username Post: Got my first punch around the page set from Martha......        (Topic#1545037)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Someone should have warned me.....Now I am going to want them all.
LOL

I got the Bubbles one.....I was on the hunt for the Spiderweb one but they are sold out around here. I LOVE IT.

Anyone have others that they can't live without that they could recommend?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to PhotobearSam

I just got my first punch around the page set today too! I was home 5 seconds and was already ripping into the packaging to try it out! I got the aspen snowflakes and just love them! I saw the spiderweb one today also which is super cute!

I have a feeling there will be more punches making their way into my stash in the very near future!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to MrsAnnieS

these are my favorite punches ever!!!

just bought another set with the M's coupon from Oprah's website

enabler alert: while I was there, they were putting a bunch of the older ones on clearance ... only 14.95 for the sets

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to madmatter

They are all great! And you will want them all, especially when you see it used on someones LO!!!
I have maybe 8 sets and still want more!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to ChansGram

Ha! I am not thrilled with them. I think I'm in the minority. They irritate me because if your measurements for your paper are not just right, they don't line up. I know it's operator error, but I hate being so precise in measurements. I'm an "eye it" girl, not a measuring one. LOL. That being said, I love that I get both a border punch and a corner punch, each of which can be used on its own. I love the designs on them. I just don't like making sure my paper is just the right size to use them.

Michelle Hernandez
Idol
Michelle Hernandez
In response to siameseplease

I use the heck outta mine! I think I may have every single one that has a flower or "lace" in it's title.
I recommend all the new deep edge punch around the page ones. I use coupons because the 32 dollar price is just too steep for me right now. My favorites are the "loops" punches- all of them.
I use my corner punches all the time. I will just punch 1 corner of a page and leave it like that or cut the punched corner out and use it somewhere on the page. For the edge ones I punch just 1 edge of the page or I rip the punched edge out and use that as a detail on the page. I don't think I've ever use them as Martha instructs which is punching all around a page to get a perfect edge.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to Michelle Hernandez

I recently bought my first too - the Double Loops. It seemed perfect for both adult and teen layouts, which I do alot. My first use was actually for an anniversary card, and I barely make cards, but it was perfect! I am also tempted by the spider web set, just because its so cool looking! I just don't have enough projects to justify the purchase!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to scrapsweet

enabler alert: they now have deep edge punches that also are all around the page. I bought one yesterday, but haven't played yet. They don't seem to have them on this site yet.

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to madmatter

I own 1 set and love it but it does irritate me that i have to be so precise in the measuring. I am an "ish" kind of girl.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to scrappymomof4

Glad to see I'm not alone...Going back too town tonight....may have to go to M's again....So addicting.

Sherrenae
Diva
Sherrenae
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
Ha! I am not thrilled with them. I think I'm in the minority. They irritate me because if your measurements for your paper are not just right, they don't line up. I know it's operator error, but I hate being so precise in measurements. I'm an "eye it" girl, not a measuring one. LOL. That being said, I love that I get both a border punch and a corner punch, each of which can be used on its own. I love the designs on them. I just don't like making sure my paper is just the right size to use them.

Completely agree about the measuring, I have yet to get it right, but I still like them and work my way around it. If it is off - I just stick a flower on top of it.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to Sherrenae

Love them! ......have SEVERAL sets .......and want them all! ......Id say loops and doubkle loops are my favs!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to melissadam

I have at least a dozen sets of them. Sometimes they are for around the page and sometimes just for a border. Either way they are so cute. Go Martha!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to 950nancy

Just got back from Dinner and a movie and stopped by M's for more....I got Double loops with a 40% off coupn and the Ribbon loop and Swirlie Lace that were on clearance.

A friend got the Bubble one she did not have....It's a great day. Thanks all.

Edited by PhotobearSam on 10-16-10 06:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ILOVEPAPILLONS
Mayor
ILOVEPAPILLONS
In response to PhotobearSam

I did post a little further up not realising this was here. I got the set at M's yesterday for $14.99. Alot of them have been reduced.

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 10-18-10 08:10 AM
In response to ILOVEPAPILLONS

Martha punches are my favorite! Here are my faves.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics