Username Post: Christmas colours        (Topic#1545047)
Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 10-16-10 03:00 AM

I am thinking of having a purple and silver Christmas this year. The decorations in the shops have me inspired!! And what an interesting Xmas LO to design that would be!!

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to Cica

That sounds nice. I love the less obvious colours to look at but I always end up with silver and white because it just looks so sparkly and wintry

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to scrappercaz

My Christmas tree is dark purplkes and burgundys

I hate traditional Christmas colours - usually my los have blues, purples and pinks and one year I bought a Christmas pack of pps and the colours were brown, pink, lime green and white and I just loved it!

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas By SuperAllyFan

All For This Moment By SuperAllyFan

What's Inside? By SuperAllyFan

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to SuperAllyFan

I like the idea of moving away from traditional Christmas colors. (I hate primary colors in scrapbooking and usually at least move more towards jewel tones.) Most of my Christmas layouts are white and blue to capture the winter aspect.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I do a ton of Xmas and Hanukkah stuff,,,,so since Hanukkah is blue and silver and white, I tend to stay away from those colors for Xmas (though i've done cards in those colors),,,,when I do Xmas stuff for my Christian friends and family, I tend to like traditional colors, but more antiqued and vintage,,,,,I have done pink and cream and gold though, which is beautiful,,,,

scrappymomof4
Veteran
scrappymomof4
In response to CommaHolly

Last year after Christmas when everything went on deep discount I bout tons of stuff to do a tree in my scrapbook room in turqoise, bright green, silver, white and browns. I can't wait to get a white tree to put it all on!! And, it has a ton of glittery butterfly stuff! Non-traditional all the way around!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to scrappymomof4

I'm a traditionalist at Christmas, but I tend toward vintage and rustic not brights.

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to DaisyButton

That sounds gorgeous! Show us some pictures when it's all decorated!

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-16-10 09:42 AM
In response to Cica

Sounds like you need this stuff!
Products Referenced in This Post:

latina43
Expert
latina43
In response to Hev

I'm doing purple and gold this year!

GinaPa 
Tenant
In response to latina43

I was just looking at all the new Christmas cards in the gallery, a ton with untradtional colors! Very cool!
It gives me lots of ideas for layouts!! I wish people all allowed public embedding though

Joy By Here Kitty

Christmas Trifold Card By Thorbsa

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/card/29 60289.htm...

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/card/29 59843.htm...

Merry Christmas By Here Kitty

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/card/28 98487.htm...

FRIENDSHIP NEVER MELTS AWAY ***BO BUNNY*** By Luzma

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to GinaPa

I always have a color theme for Christmas. Last year it was silver and snowflakes. This year's it's silver and gold, just like the song! HL's got some great wrapping paper, but so expensive! WM should be getting their holiday stuff out soon so I'll check there.

For LO's, I've not done a lot of holiday type ones, mostly because I don't have kids. The ones I have done have been shades of blue and white or silver. But I'm going to get some pics of the cats helping me decorating the Christmas tree this year and scrap those!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to meezerpleaser

My Christmas decor is all blues, white and chocolate brown For scrappy goodies my fave still is Bo Bunny Snowy Seranade but the new Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate is looking good... I never use traditional "holiday" lines.

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

for me it depends on the lo that i am working with. for instance:

wii play By Flutterbye0419
that lo was done with the pics from christmas day when kenzie had gotten a wii last year. she was having so much fun playing with daddy!

Christmas Angel By Flutterbye0419
this was for a challenge, but you can see the difference.

Pretty Lights By Flutterbye0419
yet, this one where i got my daughter as she peeked up at the pretty lights totally to me needed the traditional colors. there are many other christmas lo's in my gallery. feel free to take any inspiration from there if you like.

good luck and go with what you like, not what everyone else says to.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to flutterbye0419

I love to see people break away from the traditional Christmas green and red. You could always add green to your purple/silver color mix and make it a Mardi Gras tree with purple, silver, and green M.G. beads.

Cica
Cica 
Pro
Cica
  • Cica on 10-16-10 09:01 PM
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
My Christmas decor is all blues, white and chocolate brown For scrappy goodies my fave still is Bo Bunny Snowy Seranade but the new Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate is looking good... I never use traditional "holiday" lines.

Hot Chocolate sounds gorgeous, going to check it out.

Lim
Lim 
Guru
Lim
  • Lim on 10-16-10 11:05 PM
In response to Cica

I'm doing some Purple Christmas cards this year too. Also with some brown and silver. You can see the samples in my gallery. I don't know how I can attach the pictures in here, sorry.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to Cica

Way to break out of the boring old box! It sounds like it'll be beautiful! Please share photos when done!

My DH does our holiday trees (1 in Living Room, 1 in family room) because he loves to, which means they have lots of cartoon-themed items on them (eye-roll). That's my big kid. Oh, well, at least he puts it all away, too, so that's a plus!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics