Username Post: Delete        (Topic#1545171)
queenofstash
Expert
queenofstash

Delete

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to queenofstash

I like the border punches better, they cut deeper giving you a larger pattern, but I still use my deco scissors sometimes too. Just depends on the effect I'm looking for.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to CatScrapsHere

very true, but I can't get my deco scissors to cut straight.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to boysmom

Yep, you are right. I couldn't cut straight with my deco scissors to save my life!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to mrsmiller

In my opinion, some are similar to deco scissors - like the simple scallops ones, but MUCH easier to use. You can easily make a straight edge with the punches, but it is hard to do with the scissors and they don't line up well.

Others are not like deco scissors at all, they are more like an elaborate die cut- like these.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to Here Kitty

I can't cut with the scissors to save my life! LOL! I prefer the border punches.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Babylou

border punches don't leave the crimped edges the way deco scissors do (never sharp enough) and they give a better straighte dline

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Just G

I use my deco scissors all the time. They are really nice when you want a simple, elegant border. I love my edge punches too, but sometimes they're just too much for what you need. If you draw a straight line on the reverse side of your paper and use that as a guide, you can get a straight cut. I use mostly Fiskars deco scissor since they are about the best quality ones I can find around here. I usually end up giving my niece the ones I don't use, but I have about 15 or 20 deco scissors that I use all the time.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics