Username Post: countdown to christmas project...        (Topic#1545461)
anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl

hey scrappers, i'm looking for some sort of countdown to christmas project. do you have any? let me know and i'll check out your gallery (and leave love) or you can link it to this thread. any kind of project is fine, i'm just looking for ideas!
thanks so much!

Rae_M
Rae_M 
Diva
Rae_M
  • Rae_M on 10-22-10 04:01 PM
In response to anthonysgirl

I don't know if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but here is an advent calendar that I made.
Is it Christmas Yet Advent Calendar By Rae_M

Edited by Rae_M on 10-22-10 04:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

I have an Advent project I made for my boys a few years ago. We put different things in the drawers each year, and they *love* it! I have a picture in my gallery and would be happy to send more if you wanted to see the other sides. I can see my mistakes in my pic, but my kids don't notice...they just enjoy the excitement of seeing what is in the box each day.

Tara_13CJ
Veteran
Tara_13CJ
In response to ScrappinMom4

I did a mini album of my MIL grandchildren. Its in my Gallery, because for the life of me,I cant post them here..

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to Tara_13CJ

thank you so much. off to check out everything!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you can make an advent calendar out of a cookie sheet! I've not done one, though I've done cookie sheet calendars, but they are sooooooo pretty!

And EASY!

You spray paint a cookie sheet (either side, I like the back side because the markers you're not yet using can be stored on the opposite side since there will be a hollow area), then you can cover with pp as well, then you can use various things for the markers,,,,buttons, small flat Xmas ornaments, cut chipboard and cover them with pp,,,,etc,,,,

drill 2 holes in the top and thread with a ribbon,,,,

there are tons in the gallery, just search COOKIE SHEET ADVENT and a bunch come up!

I recommend a fast drying spray paint, because you will probably need to spray it about 2-3 times for full coverage without drips.

Here's my cookie sheet calendar, although it's not an advent calendar, it gives you an idea,,,,

Cookie Sheet Calendar By CommaHolly

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to CommaHolly

holly, great idea! do you use magnets? what kind of adhesive? i love this idea!

here is what i came up with. simple and cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjRVFhGxBXI

kuke
kuke 
Veteran
kuke
  • kuke on 10-25-10 06:09 AM

check out Ronda Simpson's gallery--she has a really cute altered frame with a clip that holds the countdown numbers.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics