Username Post: Grungeboard...        (Topic#1545473)
scraptiff
Veteran
scraptiff

Have you ever used it? Do you like it? Is it worth it? I'm debating buying some cuz it looks just awesome but I don't want it to be something that just ends up sitting in my stash never getting used.

If you do like it, how have you used it? Any tips or advice?

TIA!

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to scraptiff

You should look in Scrapperlicious´s gallery she uses it all the time! I have used it a couple of times, it´s not acid free so you´ll have to paint it with acrylic paint or glossy accents or something similar if you use it with photos. I love the look if it!

Here´s a card where I´ve inked the grungeboard with Black soot, distress ink.

Miss Emma 30 By StrawberryPia

Here´s one that I´ve used glossy acctents on.

Fall By StrawberryPia

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to scraptiff

~1986~ By Manda_K

~princess kitty~ By Manda_K

~TIME 4 LOVE~ By Manda_K

~spaceman~ By Manda_K

There are a few I have done with Grungeboard!

I love it, but some people don't like it. It helps if you love to work with inks.

On the first one, the butterfly is Grungepaper that I cut with my Cricut, then I adhered paper to it, inked it, then covered it with diamond dust.

On the others, the Grungeboard pieces are all inked with Distress inks and-or Smooch inks and sprays or Glimmer Mist.

HTH!

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to Manda_K

I love using it in my die-cut machines! it takes ink and paint well. I think you'll be pleased.

Hev
Hev 
Guru
Hev
  • Hev on 10-23-10 07:46 AM
In response to scraptiff

Ahhhh I love the smell of grungeboard in the......well anytime of day. I have and use quite a bit of it. Can't wait to get my vagabond machine so I can cut the solid sheets of it that I have!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Hev

love grungeboard ... it's more flexible than chipboard and I love the texture. I ink it, mist it, stickle it, paint it, chalk it, and anything else I can think of.

So Happy Together By Madmatter

The heart and wings are 2 separate grungeboard pieces that I painted and inked

Opa's House By Madmatter

The swirl is grungeboard that I painted and misted.

anthonysgirl
Governor
anthonysgirl
In response to madmatter

i LOVE it! if you have a die cut machine and get just sheets of it you can make it any die you want! i always ink it up and use it as an embellishement!

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to anthonysgirl

LOVE it and use it whenever I can! The pre-cut items you're looking to buy are awesome because you can do anything you want with them. It's a great starting point.

BUT, it's also purty durn cool to get the basic sheets; then cut them up with a die cutter to make any shapes your heart desires. Use the cut images as masks, paint or ink for embellishment, rip them apart to use parts, instead of the whole.... Good dimension and I prefer it to chipboard for it's flexibility.

beccaboo3
Veteran
beccaboo3
In response to MommaSaid

love it!!!

scraptiff
Veteran
scraptiff
In response to beccaboo3

Hmm...I'm really liking what's been said. Thanks y'all! And all these lo's are gorgeous! Maybe I will get some!

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to scraptiff

I LOVE Grunge Board!! It's wonderful because unlike chip board you can ink it until your hearts desire and it won't flake or break. You can bend it and it won't break either!! The hinges are wonderful and can actually be used as real working hinges!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics