Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: You hate your Slice? so do I!        (Topic#1545691)
JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick

along with my many issues I have had with my Slice. The latest is my carts won't stay in. I have a piece of paper folded up and shoved in to make them stay. Guess what too, THAT part of the warranty is only good for 90 days. Sucks to be me. I apparently need to save up for a E-craft or Silhouette. My Cricut just doesn't have as cool of carts as MM.

I haven't bought a piece of product from MM since I bought my Slice almost a year ago. Terrible.

Trace-E
Tenant
Trace-E
In response to JennyChesnick

that's terrible!!

InThayneCropper
Tenant
InThayneCropper
In response to Trace-E

I'm with you, Jenny. My first Slice had power issues. It was one of the first ones (A6). They did replace it last January, and now this one doesn't work. The blade doesn't drop down far enough, and I have worked with Making Memories and tried everything. They won't replace it, even though it is only 10 months old, because the warranty is for the FIRST machine, which I have had longer than that. So a replacement dies in 10 months? Terrible policy.

Guru
In response to InThayneCropper

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your slice.

InThayneCropper that's how warranties work for everything that I know of. It's based on when you purchased the original product and doesn't reset if your product is replaced during that warranty period. If companies started doing that then more people would start finding ways to "break" the products to extend their warranties.

JennyChesnick
Resident
JennyChesnick
In response to ihacodb

You know Kate I get that, but when you have such issues with a product to begin with you need to do something. My machine was only 1 month old when I started having issues. On top of the fact that MM customer service is a JOKE.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to JennyChesnick

I'm sorry you ladies are having trouble with your Slice. I've been thrilled with mine so far. I don't use it much though.

I use the Cricut at home and the Slice at crops.

Resident
In response to Henri Jean

See, I haven't had any problems with their customer service at all. But I have heard that they got stricter or something after the Slice had been out awhile. I got my original Slice more than two years ago, just after it first came out. I have the A6 model. It was having troubles with the blade lifting off of the paper, and just going through the motions of the cut, without actually cutting. The directions said loosen the blade 1/4 turn until it worked, but I did this until the blade fell out! So, I sent it in, and they said they tested it, and it was fine. I was frustrated, but the next time it had that problem, I tightened it first, rather than loosen it. Tightening it did the trick!
Anyway, they were really nice to me, and I loved all of the goodies they sent me when they returned my Slice.
I got an Elite for Christmas, and I love it! It cuts through my thick Stampin' Up cardstock on the first cut (my original always had to be cut twice to get through the cardstock)! I love it, and it makes me so sad when I hear about those who have problems.
Let us know how you like the ecraft if you get it!

creater1
Diva
creater1
In response to Erin in Okc

/

acbuy 
New Kid On the Block
  • acbuy on 01-06-11 06:10 PM
In response to creater1

I just bought the slice elite, yep the "elite". Same issues as the original, wonky cuts and tails. I even got it on sale at micheals for 40 percent off. Hoping desperately for it to be better, but no, it looks like it has the same problems, the cuts are less wonky, but circles still are more like a child's drawing. so disappointed, This is all tested at the 1inch size, and yes I calibrated and played with the settings. Hope to save someone this trouble as this is my third attempt at the machine. First 2 was the original and got them for
$50 and I was even willing to pay more for this elite, but nope, not worth the extra bucks. I returned them all.

Edited by acbuy on 01-06-11 06:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

puff 
New Kid On the Block
  • puff on 02-12-11 09:45 PM
In response to Erin in Okc

• Erin in Okc Said:
I tightened it first, rather than loosen it. Tightening it did the trick!

Had the same problem. Tried to loosen as that seemed to make sense, but it didn't work. So after reading Erin's post, we tightened it and it worked.

Thanks Erin

Puff

idlewoman
Veteran
idlewoman
In response to puff

I am sorry to hear of your trouble with customer service. I have had great service. They have replaced cartridges with no hassle and respond very quickly!

lori1963
Veteran
lori1963
In response to idlewoman

I too bought a Slice a few months ago & it's a pile of JUNK !!!! Customer service makes you do everything that you have already done dozens of times to check the machine out . I even sent them sample cuts. They finally told me to ship it to them (At My Cost ) I shipped it today. So now I wait & see what happens. There's no way I will buy an upgrade and risk having the same problem that I have had with this Slice. If your product is under warranty and it breaks,they should send you a new one ,as long as it was not of your doing ! Tired of paying good money for junk stuff !!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to ihacodb

• ihacodb Said:
InThayneCropper that's how warranties work for everything that I know of. It's based on when you purchased the original product and doesn't reset if your product is replaced during that warranty period. If companies started doing that then more people would start finding ways to "break" the products to extend their warranties.

Um, some companies do do that. Look up information about Xbox 360 failures and you'll see that the warranties were extended for the replacement units.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to aquabunny

Oh, that sucks that you ladies are having issues. I don't use mine as often as I should, but when I do use it, I've never had a problem. I'm sorry that you've had such a terrible experience!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to siameseplease

My Slice bit the dust too. MM Customer Service was of no help whatsoever and ditto the comments above.

Will I replace the Slice with another Slice since I have invested in Design Cards, a Slice Tote, etc. NOPE!!!

Not only is my Slice an issue, I also purchased a MM Precision Trimmer only to have the markings wear off. They didn't want to do anything about that issue either. I know they have since fixed this issue, but I still had to purchase another trimmer.

Not a Making Memories fan and will no longer buy ANY of their products because they do not stand by them.

1Heart
1Heart 
Veteran
1Heart
In response to sbartist

I too am having problems. I just changed the blade, homed and calibrated and it didn't even finish the calibration pattern. I have sent it in and they did send me some goodies but I would really like to be able to cut with it. I purchased it because I thought the designs suited my style better that Cricut but it gathers dust until the next time I want to "try" it.

Clarisa

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to 1Heart

i had trouble with mine it wouldn't cut i did what they said. i e-mailed them but it been more than one year and my mom bought for me for christmas. it work good but now it does and i think they won't do anything. so i bought a new one that was on sale. it just made me mad that i couldn't get this one fix.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to southern lady

After having read this thread, I'm so glad I returned the Slice I got last summer at AC Moore. It was a clearance sale for $50. I took it back the next day in the original unopened package. They gave me a hard time because they don't accept returns for clearance items, but they finally relented and let me return it.

loves ranch life
Diva
loves ranch life
In response to Solitaire

I see I am not the only one who isn't thrilled with their Slice. I've tried everything mentioned above for consistent cutting results, decent consistent results. For all of that and the money spent on a Slice it sits unused on a self in my scraproom. Wish I had bought a Cricket instead of Slice and adding to my Sizzix stuff!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to loves ranch life

That is such a shame because the Slice is an awesome product.

I guess with anything there are lemons - even cars. Customer Service has been aweome to me.

If mine dies I'll buy another - I really love my Slice.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics