Username Post: A little misting inspiration?        (Topic#1545799)
Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette

I just made some homemade glimmer mist type mists, and they work really well, but I've never misted before and I was wondering if I could see your favorite lo that you used misting on? I'm kinda intimidated and don't know where to start, and I especially don't want to ruin my lo by accident! lol TIA!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Grimmette

I love to mist!

The Image of an Angel **Scraps of Darkness** By Manda_K

I used a mask on that and purple mist and spritz.

Altered Clock Face **Scraps of Darkness** By Manda_K

On that I used a Tim Holtz clock face mask and more Smooch Spritz.

~love est 1999~ By Manda_K

On that one a Glimmer Screen with mist for the background!

I use a lot of screens and masks and I will spray pretty much anything.

HTH!

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to Manda_K

I am new to the Glimmer Mist and I can say I LOVE It, I made it by myself also, my suggestion is to choose the right bottle, I tried many bottles, and I can say that from M's is the worse, I do not suggest them, it is important for Glimmer to mist not to spray. Once you mist it you can use paper towel delicately on the layout, sometimes it is better, or other times is nice just to mist it and leave it the way it is.
Manda K where do you buy masks, are they available in stores? On the package it just says Mask?

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Ilka79

I use Tim Holtz Masks, Prima masks, and Glimmer Screens. I also use whatever I can find, chipboard and such!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Manda_K

Nice work Manda.

I make my own masks with my Cricut.

Betty Boo By Scrap4brains

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to Ilka79

What's your recipes, for those making your own mists? I have a whole slew of perfect pearls (four sets, sixteen colors!) and want to know how best to mix them for mists - water or alcohol? hairspray? glue? etc... ink or no ink?

Edited by msdixie on 10-28-10 11:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to scrap4brains

GOOD IDEA!!! I have just starting to use my Cricut more, that is a great idea!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ilka79

• Ilka79 Said:
I am new to the Glimmer Mist and I can say I LOVE It, I made it by myself also, my suggestion is to choose the right bottle, I tried many bottles, and I can say that from M's is the worse, I do not suggest them, it is important for Glimmer to mist not to spray. Once you mist it you can use paper towel delicately on the layout, sometimes it is better, or other times is nice just to mist it and leave it the way it is.
Manda K where do you buy masks, are they available in stores? On the package it just says Mask?

NOW you tell me after I bought 8 of them!

and I concur, they suck. There's no consistency,,,,,,some of the mist and some of them downright squirt!

msdixie
Veteran
msdixie
In response to Manda_K

ooh ooh that is a good idea - i have a silhouette and may try that for making some masks. yay!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

M's has some of the TH masks, Ilka,,,,,,with the TH embellies and inks etc at my M's,,,,,

to make my own mist, I use metallic paint, a squirt of white glue, and fill with alcohol,,,,,

You can use perfect pearls instead of the paint,,,,,,

but I'd avoid the hairspray,,,,it goes yellow.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW

I have a bottle of a clearish glimmer mist. I made it with rubbing alcohol, and irridescent medium. I spray it on everything, flowers, die cuts, letters, etc. I have made it with perfect pearls and the irridescent medium. I find the perfect pearls to be more subtle almost like a shimmer paper subtle but the irridescent medium looks more glittery and I have become addicted to it. It just adds a nice touch to lots of embellies.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to CorrieW

Thank you for letting me know about masks, I will go to the store today, I will definetly buy it.
CommaHolly I returned mine bottles to M's, they are the most expensive, I got other for cheaper and they are much better. You say alcohol, next time I will try to do your recipe.
My recipe is: 3/4 water, paint, clear glue and pearilized medium...I am not sure if I can write on forum which brand did I use.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ilka79

you're allowed to say brands You're just not allowed to link to other stores except this one

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 10-28-10 03:25 PM

I used Glimmer Screens on this one.

Laugh Often By Ami G

Grimmette
Pro
Grimmette
In response to Ami G

Thanks so much ladies! these are all awesome. i use 2/3 hand sanitizer then the rest glitter acrylic paint and the normal acrylic paint that matches the color of the glitter one. the glitter acrylic paint doesnt have good background color so i had to mix it with the normal one too. they came out really well once i played around with the quantities.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics