Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Favorite Brand of Album and Why?        (Topic#1545829)
KellyFeldman
Resident
KellyFeldman
In response to Manda_K

Yea, American Crafts D Ring albums! They are on sale right now online at J's.

Am I allowed to say that? lol If not my bad!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to KellyFeldman

I'm a CM album person, but I'm kind of interested in D rings, because my pages are soooo fat!! I'm a chunky scrapper...

I'm also a two page layout scrapper...

Can someone show me what a two page layout would look like in a D ring?

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to DaisyButton

All of my albums are the post bound kind. I use the snaploads but they are still very bulky. I'll have to try out the AC D Ring binders. Maybe that will go on my Christmas list this year!

HerHighness68
Idol
HerHighness68
In response to Scrapsaholic

AC d-ring all the way!!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to HerHighness68

So, I picked up an AC D-Ring at Ms the other day. They were on sale 40% off. There wasn't a large selection of colors but I figured I'd try it out on all these lumpy bumpy layouts I have.

Thanks girls!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to JustJenScraps

Nicole, I am mostly a 2-page LO person as well, and I use the D-rings almost exclusively now. I'll have to upload a picture ...

but the reality is, yes, there is a big gap in the middle ... but your eye doesn't focus on the gap, it focuses on the continuity between the 2 pages. I don't know if that makes any sense, but your eye actually travels over the gap as if it isn't there.

I used to only use CM albums, but the D-rings are much more flexible (you can change around the pages), allow for alot more "bulky" stuff (which I love), and are way cheaper.

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
Nicole, I am mostly a 2-page LO person as well, and I use the D-rings almost exclusively now. I'll have to upload a picture ...

but the reality is, yes, there is a big gap in the middle ... but your eye doesn't focus on the gap, it focuses on the continuity between the 2 pages. I don't know if that makes any sense, but your eye actually travels over the gap as if it isn't there.

I used to only use CM albums, but the D-rings are much more flexible (you can change around the pages), allow for alot more "bulky" stuff (which I love), and are way cheaper.

Thanks for the info!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to DaisyButton

I switched out my son's album last night. I am definitely a convert now! Off to purchase more so I can convert the rest of these bulky, funny looking post albums.

need to craft
Resident
need to craft
In response to scrappinmonkey

theres a store that has the scrapbooks just like creative memories but much cheaper Hobby lobb

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to need to craft

I think I am going to switch to D-ring as well. I have a post-bound album from 2006 that is already falling apart because I have, well, a year worth of layouts in it. LOL They have the AC ones at M's...guess I'll have to pick one up soon!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
  • scrappinmonkey Said:
I apologize oh wise Manda...can you ever forgive me?

Yes, my child.

Thank you! *kneeling down*

Bought one at HL and love it!!!! Got that, extra page protectors, xryon refill, and cardstock for UNDER $20!!!

Just for the record, I got a cloth one!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Smashley

I use SEI Preservation series

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Mia1979

Well I think us 'Jill's" (peenut 23) need to stick together, ...I am big fan of the We R Memory faux leather as well and all the colors. The rings are really sturdy along with the corners.

mj scrappin'
Veteran
mj scrappin'
In response to scrappinmonkey

I LOVE CM albums. They are solid quality and look beautiful on a bookshelf. I am sticking with creative memories, but I go with the standard albums. They run around $35/$40. They hold alot of pages (40 or so).

CarrieBH
Veteran
CarrieBH
In response to mj scrappin'

I'm a CM fan, 95% of the time. I've used D-ring and post-bound too, but for specific reasons.

D-ring works well for my Heritage albums because family members are constantly giving me things to add to it, and it's easy to add to a D-ring. I bought one post-bound because I couldn't get over the cover (beautifully embossed leather pattern) that matched the theme of the album so well.

I love the durability (life-time replacement!) of CM, though, so since I want my albums to be looked at often, that's what I'm sticking with for the rest (my childhood and family) of the albums!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to CarrieBH

For some reason I love the K&Company albums. From 6x6 to 12x12. They are getting harder to get tho here. I need refills! lolol

Shelly_Anne00
Guru
Shelly_Anne00
In response to TheCharmedOne

I also love the American crafts DRings. I have gotten some post bound albums that are very pretty, but they don't hold enough! They are skinny at the spin even with the extender and fat at the opening. So, I buy the Fabric D Rings and decorate the front if I don't want it a solid color. You can also get the one that you have to decorate yourself. Depends how much time you wanna put in to it.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Shelly_Anne00

D Ring albums for me. I scrap mostly chrono and these albums have been a life saver for me.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to prittb

I love my We-R-Memory-Keepers albums. They are fabulous. I have probably 75 layouts in the book and they are chunky. I do like the look of the post bound album with the pages right up next to each other, but I'd have to have way, way too many albums if I didn't use D-ring albums!

lil_miss
Resident
lil_miss
In response to fknapoleon

I love D rings!!

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics