Page 1 of 21 
Username Post: NOVEMBER Anything Goes Challenge!!! Sign Ups End 11/10/10!        (Topic#1546011)
Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

NOVEMBER is on the way! Time for sign ups!

Are you ready for an exciting month of challenges that will spark your creativity and make you to step outside your comfort zone by challenging you to try variety of techniques? You may even complete that project you always wanted to finish. If so, welcome to NOVEMBER's Anything Goes Challenge!

As usual, we will enjoy daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.

SIGN-UPS will be open until NOVEMBER 10th.

If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than NOVEMBER 15th. If you don't want to pay, you can always play motivational (but you won't be eligible for the prizes).

Please mail to:
Megan A. Walker
311 S LASALLE ST APT 3H
DURHAM, NC 27705-3606

Alternately you can pay via PayPal by sending money to
megannwalker@gmail.com
If you select this method, you will have to pay $8.55 to cover PayPal fees but that’s not that bad considering a stamp would cost you $0.44

Only pages that are NEWLY completed and uploaded on or after NOVEMBER 1st count towards your total points and layouts. This challenge ends on NOVEMBER 30th, 2010 at 11:59 PM PST. All LOs, cards, pics, or other projects to be counted for points or towards your LO goal must be uploaded to your gallery AND linked to this thread with your point details. Going forward all daily/weekly/monthly pics, LOs and point details must be posted to the thread by the deadline which is Sunday 12 midnight PST.

PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com!

**Prize Categories**
(prize amounts will be based upon the number of players)

1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...

2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 10 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

3 - Most points 11-25 LOs. If you set your goal for 11-25 layouts and complete your goal of 11-25 layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than 25 LOs then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...

4 – Most daily challenges completed - I will post a new challenge everyday and if you do them, keep track of how many you complete, then you will be eligible for a prize at the end of the month. If there is a tie, then there will be a drawing. (To be eligible for this category, please start a blog at sb.com to list your challenges completed.) Daily challenges are meant to be completed on a layout, a card, or an altered project. There will be few day specific challenges but generally you will be able to complete those challenges at your own pace and you may combine several of them on a same layout, card, or altered project.

5 – Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw one name.

***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one category.*****

Layouts are counted towards your goal in the following manner:

*8x8 or above (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) = 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*3 4x6=1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
*Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them*

Altered items and other projects can be counted as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!

**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for categories 4 & 5 of prizes!**

WHEN YOU SIGN UP, PLEASE POST YOUR LAYOUT GOAL FOR THE MONTH - YOU MAY CHANGE YOUR GOAL ANYTIME BEFORE SIGN-UPS CLOSE!

When you post your cards, LOs, or altered projects please post all points details inculding any daily, weekly, or monthly challenges you are counting them for on this thread.

Note on embedding:
Hope this helps:
ALLOWING PUBLIC EMBEDDING:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Edit Image' tab under the layout.
3. Scroll down to the bottom left side.
4. Check the box that says, ‘Allow Public Embedding’.

LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Share AnyWhere' on the 'share' tab beside the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

PLAYERS

paid=

Megan Ann (iheartaslan) 10/3 GOAL MET!!! 10257 pts 26 DCs
MelissaW 10/10 GOAL MET!!! 11791 pts 21 DCs
B2Hearts 15/10 GOAL MET!!! 3788 pts 1 DC
senora_x 18/15 GOAL MET!!! 12172 pts 30 DCs
Inspired.By.Love 7/5 GOAL MET!!! 16021 pts 30 DCs
nightenbelle 10/8 GOAL MET!!! 9284 pts 22 DCs
PamStewart.Iowa 20/20 GOAL MET!!!
kriguez 4/4 GOAL MET!!! 6 DCs

Katiemylady 0/20
amancuso 3/6
NewSnow0518 4/5

Motivational
jadecook 0/6
paper_obsessed 0/15
ScrappyNewMom 0/10
SB1280 0/5

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~DAILY CHALLENGES~*~

BONUS POINTS: YOU MAY TAKE +10 pts for completing the daily challenge by 11:59 pm (PST) on the same day/date that it was posted for! (SO the 9/2 challenge needs to be completed by 11:59 pm on 9/2 to take the +10 bonus points.)

11/1: Set up your signature and blog for 150 points.

11/2: Start this month off right and give your scrap space a complete cleaning. Put everything away, wipe down your tabletop, sweep or vacuum your floors, and take out your garbage for 150 points. Or, if your room is already clean take 75 points and then pick a problem spot to reorder for another 75 points. You must post before and after photos to get points.

11/3: I already miss the warm weather. Put some sunshine in your page for 130 points. (Sunshine can be the color, a sun, or anything else that inspires you in regards to the sun.)

11/4: Alter something (anything) and use it on a scrapbook page for 125 points, or on a card for 85 points.

11/5: Use this sketch to make a page (from sketchabilities.com) for 300 points:

11/6: With Christmas coming up, let's update our wish list. Add 15 new items to your wish list, and then, because I love seeing what other people shop for, embed those same items to a post in this forum and take 150 points!

11/7: What a wonderful week it has been! And today we have gained an extra hour to do with as we please. So, if it pleases you, spend an hour doing some scrapping for 150 points! If it doesn't please you to spend an hour scrapping, then you must be ill. lol (You can complete this challenge any day this month. It is not a today-only challenge.)

11/8: It is national bread month. Since bread crust is brown, incorporate brown paper (can be patterned)/cardstock on your layout for 150 points or on your card for 75 points.

11/9: So Tuesday's challenge (you may take same day points for doing this Wednesday) is to use something on your layout you FORGOT you had Dig through your stash and find something you don't remember having and use it for 150 points on a LO, 75 points on a card.

11/10: Use this sketch from Pagemaps.com for 300 points, 150 if you use it on a card

Pagemaps Sketch for Nov AGC By Katiemylady

11/11: This is an oldie but a goody. Hand or machine stitch on your LO for 150 points, 75 points for a card. If you have never tried this, do it, it adds a whole new dimension to your project!

11/12: It's FRIDAY! Give yourself 150 points for making it through the week!

11/13: I love to mix fonts in my titles, usually stemming from the lack of certain letters of one style So your mission is to use two or more fonts in your title. Take 300 points for this challenge 150 for a card.

11/14: use a butterfly (or butterflies) on your LO for 250 points. 125 on a card.

11/15: I am a huge fan of handwritten journaling. So today- use your own handwriting on a LO for 100pts

11/16: Find an Ad in a magazine and scraplift it. Must post the magazine ad for credit 300pts

11/17: Use a song lyric as either a title or a quote on a page 150 points

11/18: Alter an embellishment using ink or paint before using 100pts get an additional 50 points for combining two different embellishments into one

11/19: Curl up with a cup of something hot and read a good book to relax for half an hour 100 points

11/20: Have someone else write on your page- or include a child's letter, or someone else's writing in some way on your page. 150 points

11/21: Use a twitter update (tweet) or facebook-status (real or made up) on a LO 135 Poinits

11/22: I am just loving glimmer mist and ribbon these days! Use one of them on a lo for +75 points, use both and take +150 points!

11/23: Tell all of us what food you are looking forward to the most... +100 points

11/24: I have made is a personal goal to try to use my cricut on almost everything I do... So today's daily is to use a die cut for +150 points.. If you have no access to die cuts, use a stamp for same points!

11/25: daily is enjoy yourself and eat too much food!! +150 points

11/26:So sorry this is soooo very late, but I totally forgot I had a challenge to do today!! WEnt shopping earlyyyyy this morning, napped, snacked, went back in town for a movie and mc d's play place!! I love having black friday off!!! Anyways, so today's challenge is to treat yourself! Buy some new scrappy stuff, whatever your heart desires!! Each item is worth +50 points, limit 6! Must post picts to take the points!!

11/27: under the video tab are some new techniques... pick one, and use it on a lo for +300 and a card for +200... when you post it, tell us very briefly explain to us how you did it.

11/28: lets spread some love today! for every love you leave take 4 points... limit +150 points... Feel the love everyone!!

11/29: My blog has been seriously neglected so today I challenge you to blog! Blog about what you are thankful for this month, your holiday decorations, or your Christmas wish list! Take your pick. 150 points.

11/30: change your avatar for 150 points!

BONUS CHALLENGE!!!!

All you have to do is participate in one of the Progressive Challenges designed by Ms. Schwiet! There is one starting right about now (9 am) and here is the link for that one: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15476... And there will be a link for the Saturday @ 6pm one in a few hours (i'm hosting that one.) You can participate after the fact too. Now why am I giving you this bonus challenge? b/c #1, you are going to tell that I sent you & #2, the Progressives also use a points system to determine winners (there are also random winners). So any points you earn in the Progressive Challenge Today (9 am or 6pm EST) OR TOMORROW SUNDAY @ 11 AM EST, you will get to add to your points total for AGC! WOO HOO!

You get points for a few things: each LO based on the Progressive Completed=50 pts (there were/are going to be 5 FIVE Progressives since WED, so you can earn up to 250 pts bonus pts! Just for completing each one.)

You MUST play Along to get these points (that means be here at 9am or 6 pm EST TODAY OR SUNDAY @ 11AM EST and do your LO while the challenge is going on): ; If you are the 1st to finish=15 pts; 2nd=10 pts; 3rd=5 pts; Invite a friend and the friend plays=5 pts/friend; Send in your votes when the challenge closes=5 pts; you get from 25-15 pts per challenge if you are the winner of the pm'd votes or the polls put up for the whole sb.com community. PLUS there are bonus point options too! One time, after a progressive weekend I had 510 pts, wouldn't it be awesome to add 510 pts to your totals!

You can also earn points by doing a LO for the mini-progressive Catch-Up-A-Thon, 1st LO=25 pts; every LO after that that meets the criteria=10 pts Here is the link for the catch-up-athon:

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-30-10 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: Adding challenges!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~Weekly Challenge and Photo Challenge~*~
These challenges MUST be posted WITH POINTS DETAILS by midnight PST Sunday to take points for the weekly challenges.

NEW RULE: If you take a pic of your computer screen because you do not have the item asked for in the weekly photo challenge you will only get half points for the picture of your computer screen. So if the challenge was originally worth 100 pts, you would get 50 pts; worth 50 pts, you would get 25 pts; etc.

11/22/10~11/28/10

Weekly Photo:
The Turkey
Family
A favorite side dish
"The" after turkey nap
A Thanksgiving Tradition

Weekly Challenge:
Since this week is all about traditions, let scrap about them! Do a lo with at least 2 photo's and jouraling about that tradition and take +300 points!

Weekly Challenge for Nov. 15th- Nov. 21st

I love to read, although I rarely get the time. This week scrap a LO that

1. is about something you love to do

2. highlights your favorite color

3. using your favorite scrapbooking technique.

Make sure you tell us about each part for 350 points

Bonus- Use a quote from your favorite book or movie for an extra 50 points

Photo Challenge for this week

This week's photo challenge is another literary themed one (sorry but thats what you get when you let an English major loose!)

For 50 points each find a photograph that fits the title of some of my favorite books. it doesn't have to be literal or have anything to do with the actual book- just a photograph that you think would fit the title.

1. The Outsiders (by S.E. Hinton)

2. Much Ado About Nothing (by Shakespeare)

3. My Fair Lady (Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw is the actual written play but thats a bit too hard to photograph)

4. Wicked (by Gregory Maguire)

5. Beloved (by Toni Morrison)

11/8/10-11/14/10

Weekly challenge: I am obsessed with flowers. Any brand will do! I make them, sell them, use them...I LOVE FLOWERS! So your challenge this week is to use at least 5 flowers on your LO, any size will do, for 300 points. Get 100 points bonus if you make them!

Photo Challenges:
Favorite Adhesive
Scrapping tool you can't live without
Fall-themed embellie
Favorite Stamp
Shipping Tag(s) (any shape, decorated or unaltered)

11/1/10-11/7/10

Weekly challenge:
With the recession dragging us further and further down lately, it's time to make the best of everything we have. So this week, we're going to make use of our stash and scraps! For this week, your challenge is to:
a) Use your oldest photos
b) Use your oldest supplies
c) Use your oldest scraps
Make a page with a combination of the three. You may use nothing new from your stash, and no unopened packages. 350 points.
Use themed paper for an unthemed layout (as in, Christmas paper for a non Christmas page or Halloween paper for a non Halloween themed page) for a 50 point bonus!

Weekly photos:
Smile
Eyes
Ears
Nose
Hands
50 points each

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-22-10 11:10 AM. Reason for edit: adding challenges!!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

~*~MONTHLY CHALLENGE~*~
BROUGHT TO YOU BY B2HEARTS!!!!

Do a mini album on holiday traditions. This can be as small or as large as you would like. List your holiday traditions whether it be places you go, special decorations, special meals or recipies, gift giving rituals or not. Totally up to you. You can include all your holidays or just one or two, again, up to you.

500 points for 5 one sided pages with 100 extra points for each additional page up to a grand total of 1000 points.

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-07-10 06:09 PM. Reason for edit: Adding Challenges!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

HERE IS A BONUS POINTS OPPORTUNIY:
If you get your money in by the 5th of November take +300 pts,
if you get the money in to me by the 10th of November take +200 pts,
and if you get the money in to me by the 15th of November (the due date) take +100 pts!

~*~POINTS LIST~*~
LO, CARD, AND ALTERED PROJECT ITEM POINTS

1 POINT ITEMS
- PER photo corner, button, staple, brad, paper clip, jewel, pearl, or metal clips.
- PER sticker used (flat or 3D, NOT alphas in title)
- PER letter/number used in title only (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rub-on, die cut, etc.)
- PER hand stitch

5 POINTS PER EACH ITEM USED ON A LO OR CARD
(example: if you use three different pattern papers take 15 points)
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, recipe, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER type/kind of ribbon or fiber or embroidery floss/thread used
- PER rub on shape or word (border, frame, flower,“love” etc. NOT individual letters or numbers)
- PER 3D flower
- PER color of glimmer mist or ink used
- PER hand-cut embellie (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- PER type of distressing (inking, tearing, etc...any type)
- PER type of bling
- PER chipboard or grungeboard shape (NOT letters or numbers in title)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 10 pts for each identical one)
- PER layout 6x6 or smaller (MUST have a link in this forum)

5 POINTS FOR USING THESE ITEMS/TECHNIQUES ON A LO OR CARD
(only take 5 points once for each item you use, no matter how many times you use it)
- for using glossy accents or crackle accents or other epoxy/enamel accents
- for creating a LO for another challenge on sb.com or on another blog/website (MUST tell what challenge it is for AND if it is not an sb.com challenge you MUST post the website link to the challenge!)
- for using paint or stickles
- for having a ONE (1) word title with no subtitle
- for using die cut shapes (not letters/numbers!)
- for using a punch
- for using stamps
- for using foam, flocked, felt, fabric, foil, or vinyl
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for using metal items (excluding brads and eyelets)
- for using the following themes: flowers, children/pets, changes in life (like graduation!)
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link to this thread

10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 8x8 or larger (6x12, 8.5x11, 12x12) layout (MUST have a link in this forum)
- PER transparency or overlay used on your project
- PER mask used
- for using embossing (wet or dry)
- for using 5+ shape stickers on your LO (“shape” meaning any stickers except letter stickers)
- for machine sewing
- for using scraps
- for scraplifting a member of sb.com OR using a pagemap/sketch (link the original page too, always possible even if it is just the link-that starts with http://-- cannot take points without link)

20 POINT ITEMS:
- for using your OWN design that is NOT based on someone else’s design or sketch
- PER layout with no pictures
- PER altered item created

50 POINTS (yes, you read that correctly!):
- for creating your own SKETCH (you DO NOT need to create a LO with it), posting it in your gallery and linking it to this thread

PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS

5 POINTS:
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than ONE months old
- PER black & white, sepia toned, OR colored pic

10 POINTS:
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6 OR 3x3 (2x3, 2x2, etc.) or smaller
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/ 7+ pics

JOURNALING POINTS

-1 point PER word of journaling (not pre-printed embellies) up to 400 points
-25 points for every 50 words over 400 (E.g. Total of 500 words would equal 450 points)
-10 points for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)

ADDITIONAL POINTS

2 POINTS:
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to your sb.com gallery, and linked to this thread

5 POINTS:
- PER any new BLOG entry (NO POINTS FOR UPDATING A BLOG) (MUST have a link to this forum)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
- For updating your siggy-points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (Max. 3 times per day!)

10 POINTS:
- for doing a THOROUGH cleaning of your scrap area when it is messy! YOU MUST POST A BEFORE AND AFTER pic to take the points! (MAX # of times you can take these points per month: 10)
- for completing a goal on you list of “Goals For the Month of November” list made during the month (MAX # of goals you can take points for per month: 10!)

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-03-10 05:11 PM. Reason for edit: Added Points List!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Megan Ann

Count me in! My goal is 10 layouts.

I can also take a week of challenges... any week for me!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

Challenge Volunteers! These are the new rules for people who want to volunteer to do a week of challenges.
1.The weekly challenge cannot be worth more than 400 pts.
2.The daily challenges can only be worth 150 pts with one exception per week up to 300 pts. So 6 days of 150 points or less and one challenge up to 300 points.
3.The daily challenges should generally be something that can be incorporated into ANY LO. Not a challenge that you must make a LO for that you wouldn't have made otherwise. But it CAN require you to make a whole LO for one challenge per week.
4.Picture challenges can only be worth up to 250 pts total added up for all pictures. There should not be more than 6 pictures for the weekly photo challenge.
5. You MUST post the challenge by 10 AM EST (which is 7AM PST) OR post the challenge the night before, preferably after 9PM your time.

****Weeks will run from Monday to Sunday!****
NOVEMBER 2010
1-7 MelissaW
8-14 Katiemylady
15-21 Nightenbelle
22-28 NewSnow0518
29-30 senora_x

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Megan Ann

Hey Megan and Mel.
I def want to play this month, but not sure if I want to play motivational or not. I will know for sure before sign ups are closed my LO goal will be a modest 6. Don't know how much time I will have for scrapping this month since I am going home next weekend!!! I am so excited!

katiemylady
Diva
katiemylady
In response to jadebrit

Sign me up again! My goal is 20 LOs. I can do it! I will also take a week of challenges from the 8th-14th.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to katiemylady

yay Katie!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to jadebrit

Thanks Katie!! Great to see you!

I will list you as playing for now Jade and you let me know if you want to switch to motivational only.

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to Megan Ann

sounds good Megan!

amancuso
Diva
amancuso
In response to jadebrit

Count me in as always. Hopefully this month I'll actually make my goal! Lets make it 6 this month since we've got the holiday.

I'm going out of town till Thursday after work today. It's DH and mine anniversary so we are driving down to San Antonio. Got a fancy hotel on the riverwalk and everything! I'll pay you when i get back Megan!

senora_x
Angel
senora_x
In response to amancuso

how addicted am I? I had to get up this morning and log in to see if the november thread was posted! Sign me up. I'm going to push for 15 layouts. I am so behind this year that I'm not going to come close to my yearly goal if I don't do some serious scrapping in november and december!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to amancuso

Happy November!

Weekly challenge:
With the recession dragging us further and further down lately, it's time to make the best of everything we have. So this week, we're going to make use of our stash and scraps! For this week, your challenge is to:
a) Use your oldest photos
b) Use your oldest supplies
c) Use your oldest scraps
Make a page with a combination of the three. You may use nothing new from your stash, and no unopened packages. 350 points.
Use themed paper for an unthemed layout (as in, Christmas paper for a non Christmas page or Halloween paper for a non Halloween themed page) for a 50 point bonus!

Weekly photos:
Smile
Eyes
Ears
Nose
Hands
50 points each

11/1 Daily: Set up your signature and blog for 150 points.

NewSnow0518
Diva
NewSnow0518
In response to MelissaW

I am in! I will pay this afternoon after I get back from work.. I would like to sign up for 5 lo's.. Not sure how much "me" time I'll have this month!! =)

paper_obsessed
Veteran
paper_obsessed
In response to NewSnow0518

I'm in! My computer is having issues, so I'm not for sure if I'll be able to get pictures off of it to scrap, so i may just play motivational. I'll let you know

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to paper_obsessed

I'm in again...I need the motivation! My goal is going to be 5 again.

11/1 Daily: Set up your signature and blog for 150 points.
10 - done today
160 Total

jadebrit
Governor
jadebrit
In response to amancuso

• amancuso Said:
Count me in as always. Hopefully this month I'll actually make my goal! Lets make it 6 this month since we've got the holiday.

I'm going out of town till Thursday after work today. It's DH and mine anniversary so we are driving down to San Antonio. Got a fancy hotel on the riverwalk and everything! I'll pay you when i get back Megan!

We use to live in San Antonio like 4 months ago lol We just missed each other lol

Page 1 of 21 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics