Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: border Punches -- weigh in!        (Topic#1546179)
DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton

I love my punches --- I want to buy some more border punches..... How easy are yours to use? I have carpel tunnel, and I have a big MS that's kinda hard for me but most are fine. also I'm not the best at lining up the really complex ones... how easy is your fav to line up to repunch?

Here's a few of my favs --- what's your new fav or two?? got a layout you used it on? there are so many new ones, i'd love to see some used on a layout! thanks for responding and sharing your pages! I appreciate your time!

Krispy Kreme Donuts By DaisyButton

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to DaisyButton

I love the Fiskars ones. I also like the EK Success one that you listed.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Luvmyfam

My new favorite:
Products Referenced in This Post:

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to mrsmiller

those all look wonderful!!!

need to craft
Resident
need to craft

I only have one martha stewert one, that i like but havent quite got the hang of repeating.any good hints for how to do this? it came with a corner edge too.

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to Luvmyfam

I like the look of the border punches, but I only own one...because IT hardly gets used. Often, it's the prettiness that makes me hold off. I do way more masculine LO's than feminine, and they all (of the ones I've considered, anyhow) lend themselves more to a feminine feel.
Products Referenced in This Post:

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to MommaSaid

I love love love love love love love border punches. I just counted them and I have 26 and there are still lots more I need to get :). I have carpal tunnel syndrome also and I find that I need to push down a couple times on the more intricate pattern punches rather than trying to force the metal through the paper all in one go. This way it sort of works its way through a little at a time. You'll also notice on a few there is a kind of click that lets you know its punched through. I always have to push down at least twice (and hard) for the punches that emboss as well. I never buy punches on line just because of their weight. Shipping to Canada is too expensive as it is, so I only buy punches I can get locally. The one elusive punch I haven't been able to find locally, and may have to bite the bullet and pay shipping on, is the plain scallop border punch by Fiskars. Its an older punch so that's probably why I can't find it.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to cat_woman

I am absolutely addicted to MS border punches, especially the around-the-page ones. They are (IMO) super easy to use and give the page such a nice pop. I probably have a dozen or so different designs and have been using them on almost every LO somewhere on the page.

Here are a few:

this one uses the deep edge punch on the red border

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/344143/view /2952445/-1.html][/url] The 2 of us By Madmatter

the punch was used on the photo mat

Breaking Free By Madmatter

on this one, I used an around-the-page punch on the entire pp

I didn't do it By Madmatter

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to madmatter

I like them,,,,,I have about 10 of them, and I certainly don't use them on nearly every LO,,,but often enough that I like them I want a couple of the deep edge ones next,,,,I like the sunburst pattern Mad has there in the red on the top LO. It's probably my next border punch purchase, to be honest.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to CommaHolly

I have 2 and both are my favorites!

Right now, I have the fence punch on my Christmas Wish List!!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to KellyCali

Me favorite punches are bij Martha, I have rheuma on me muscles and those are easy to use for me. Altho I havent tried the embossing kinds yet. I also like the EK Success ones, am not a big fan of the Fiskars ones as they are difficult to use for me. I have to put too much pressure on it for it to punch. I dont have all that much strength in me hands and arms.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to TheCharmedOne

I absolutely H A T E the embossing border punches!!!!! They aren't worth the plastic it takes to make them! Ugh!

DaisyButton
Mayor
DaisyButton
In response to CommaHolly

thanks for sharing and all the wonderful information and photos... I too am thinking that deep scallop is in my near future and I like that apron one too...

I want them all... LOL

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-10 06:28 AM

I have 3-4 border punches...I like them! All of mine are Martha Stewart ones and I feel like they do a great job. They're not hard to use or line up either. I can't remember the design names of the punches right off. One of mine is the embossing punch and while I like the regular ones the best, my embossing one isn't horribly hard to use, although it does require a bit more pressure. I used it on the last LO that I did but that's the only time I used it except for playing with it.

I also have a few of the regular (non border) punches...I have one that makes photo corners by MS and I really like it!

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to LeeLo

I was at M's a couple of days ago and they had 5 MS punch around the page sets on clearance for 10.99!! It was hard to choose so I got them all! But my favorite out of them was the loops.

I've also been using the branches punch quite a lot lately

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love punches and have recently starting buying more!! There are several out there that I just love!!! The only problem I have is that some of them - with more detail - I have trouble using thicker card stock. So I usually try to use thinner paper for those - like the lace border punches!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SmartyPants

I love them too!!! I like the ones I can distress punch with....MS makes a lace one that I do that with, I don't even line it up!

Smashley
Idol
Smashley
In response to SmartyPants

I have the Fiskars Threading Water punch and a couple MS ones I found at Marshall's for $5 each. I really like them! I would love to get the MS punch around the page punches. They are expensive, so maybe I'll splurge one day soon. They give such a nice effect.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-03-10 09:05 AM
In response to Smashley

TJ Maxx had the corner part of one of the MS punch around the page sets. I went ahead & got the corner part even though I didn't get the straight punch. I can't remember how much I paid for it now. The other ones that I own (border punches) I got on clearance for $7 each.

SwirlyGirl
Veteran
SwirlyGirl
In response to LeeLo

I also have carpal tunnel and arthritis. When Martha Steward first came out they were definitely more difficult to use for me (the part you push on would almost feel like it was going to break). Now they are easier to punch (the plastic is much thicker). I still prefer the EK success. Those don't require as much pressure and are easier for me to punch. I have several of each brand. I use them all. I refuse to buy anymore embossing punches. Just don't like them for all the effort I have to put out.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics