Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

looks great lynn! glad you used some of him smiling (my favorites) and the pic by the quote is perfect -on the train tracks - just seem to go together naturally....

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to LynnK1

LOVE it, Lynn! You did an amazing job!!!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to ScrappinHusker

I agree, Pam. Love the quote with the picture of the train tracks.

I need advice. A is frustrated with his gf's parents. And, he understands that it is their daughter. And, he wants to talk to them. And, I asked him to wait until he isn't mad & frustrated.

His GF's friend said in the car "how cute they are as a couple and that he has his arm around her to walk her to class" And, GF's mom and dad said it is NOT appropriate for him to hold her hand, hug or have his arm around her @ school. I really am trying to understand their point of view. But, I have seen some teens in school...not appropriate actions @ all. Any ideas on how he should proceed. GF thinks it is dumb but, is trying to honor her parents...which I admire.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k

Looking down the road, these could be his inlaws . Imho he should respect their request and let her address concerns with them. And she should let them know that he respects them enough to listen. And they say at school , so when the bell rings he can be all over her. Lol

But as a mom, I see nothing wrong with holding hands, especially as as senior.. I have seen a lot worse

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

That is a very "touchy" subject (lol-sorry) I can see both sides. first of all, they've been together for quite awhile, so you would expect those kind of gestures at this point. Do her parents actually see them touch like that at school and find it inappropriate or are they just assuming it's worse than it actually is. That being said, our school has a zero tolerance on touching, even holding hands while at school. Even at extra curriculars (except dances- which we only have prom). It could be a fine line of PDA... I'm sure they are over-reacting, but he needs to calm down and let some time pass before he confronts them. I think.

Thanks for your thoughts on my announcement. I'm pretty excited to have done it all completely myself! No cookie cutters for us! Woot!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Just ordered 4 samples - different paper types! I'm super excited to see how they turn out, hope I'm not disappointed!

When I do the final order, they will cost me .80 cents a piece. The old school announcements from Jostens were either .75 or .95 I can't remember, plus the name card and the wallet picture. I really like that I am getting to include 7 pictures for less than we would have paid for the traditional ones!

Hope you all have a great night!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to LynnK1

thanks for your thoughts, my friends!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

OK girls...trying to get organized to send out catalogs on Friday. I have on my list...Pam & Lynn--in the mail already. Aprile, Bridget, Val and Debbieb. Anyone else?! I think I have everyone.

Debbieb~~how did the interview go?

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

6th/7th Grade Orientation....I wanna go back to JH.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

yes debbieb - do tell....

tomorrow is 6th grade dinner theater - so hard to believe we are almost done with the year - well, kind of sort of.....

trying to make some tip jars - our collection that we have had "disappeared" - almost done but been working on them all day

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to pammie~k

Good morning!!!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k

Good morning

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Good Morning

will I turn the page?

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Nope

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Good Morning Ladies!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

busy day but hope to get a little done before I start running again....

debbie*b
Guru
debbie*b
In response to pammie~k

Lynn I LOVE the announcements..you did a wonderful job...you should be very proud...and Randy should be very glad he has such a talented mom...

debbie*b
Guru
debbie*b
In response to debbie*b

Interview went awesome....I got offered the job....Assitant Manager for the annuals...BUT...there always is a but...

would have to work Saturdays and more hours when busy season...meaning 9-9, that I understand...and man change is hard for me...but she was so confident in me...it blew me away..and I think I am so ready to get out I want anything...and my friend said if it doesn't work I can still apply to the Health District..

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to debbie*b

Debbieb - that is awesome - when do you need to let her know. sounds like you are leaning that way....praying for you

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Congrats debbieb! At least it's your choice now! I'll keep you in my prayers!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics