Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

Thanks so much ladies.

Randy has had a tough year himself with his "friends" calling him fat all the time (one of those kids is about 3 inches shorter than Randy and easily weighs 30lbs more- why would he say something like that?) they say mean things about his girlfriend. It all started about a week before school and has been going ever since. We just tell him that once school is over he doesn't have to be friends with these people. It's a downside of a small school, there aren't a lot of choices so you end up being "friends" with the kids who are in the same activities as you.

It's just been rough all the way around. And I do know that he could be making so much worse choices with things like drugs and alcohol which is almost always a problem in our small towns. I am thankful he's not into that kind of stuff and that really none of his class is. So, I do know it could be a lot worse, but it's still hard for me to see him do these things.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

I think I turned the page...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

you earned turning the page....

Lynn - Val and Mandy stated so well what I am sure the rest of us are thinking and at least for me - can not express as eloquently....you are a great mom - never second guess yourself....

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to pammie~k

Pam...did you create the "keep calm" on your new set of cards? I would love to figure out how to do some of these!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Growing up we had a boy with downs in my school. Gary was everyone's friend and everyone looked out for him. We got a new kid at school and he decided the best way to "fit in" and make friends was to pick on Gary. Yeah that didn't go over well, that kid never had a friend - lucky for him his dad's job was only temporary and they moved. He got a huge talking to by the older kids, he was lucky they didn't beat the you know what out of him.

Gary's family eventually moved, we were all sad.

When I moved away and was going to college I worked at the YMCA life-guarding and teaching swim lessons. I had the opportunity to coach Special Olympics swimming and the first day Gary walks in. I was so excited - heck it's making me tear up now. He was such an incredible person - oh and a fantastic swimmer too.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

Mandy - I used a new Stampin Up set I just got....has a few different variations - I love it. I would think this would be pretty easy to do in photoshop though - I would simply look for a similar Font - (try dafont.com)

Val - thanks for sharing...

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

I think Gary is why Lil G and Abigail (B's friend) have a special place in my heart.

Plus they are just incredible girls!

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to uoduck

Thanks Pam (twice) I think I'm going to see if I can do it in PS...I'm so not talented like that, but I really think these are cute!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to MandeeB

I love the Keep Calm and have a cupcake cards!! Great job Pam! I never go to Stampin Up parties anymore. I don't even know a consultant anymore.

You'll be proud of me. I made an appointment with the Chiropractor and with a Gynocologist today! I had to have my mom fuss at me a little to get me to call, but I did it! I can be such a chicken sometimes! The chiro appt is tomorrow!!!!!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

YW twice Mandy - lol

Love the Keep Calm themes...

And YAY for making doc appts....

awww thank you Val

Oxygen has been delivered - now my friend should be picking up the furniture in about an hour

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

definitely a squirrel kinda day
not really getting anything done
I need to focus!

So - ytdy when I was breaking down everything in G's room, I discovered why I need to clothes shop for her so often - she had bras hidden in every corner or her room and between her mattresses - she hates wearing those as much as she hates wearing socks...

Dave just came over to the dark side - he now has a smart phone - he had a blackberry and his company just pushed him to an iphone (he was the last holdout I think)....I told him he is going to get sucked into the world of apps - wonder how long it will take him to download the Words with Friends app (he used to tease me about playing that and now he is on his laptop all the time playing - lol)

hope everyone is having a super day

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

seems like everyday is a squirrel day for me...

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to LynnK1

Me too!

Can't wait to see the new bed for G!

Lynn, what are Randy's plans after he graduates? It sounds like he will be glad to get away from some of those "friends". I looked at your blog again to see his picture. He's not fat at all! Kids can be so mean. I love Mandy's advice too - she ought to know with all those boys!

Is it Friday yet?!?

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

I know he's not fat! that's the worst part- he's 6' 200lbs, I mean almost perfect really, and that's even what the principal said to me this morning. It doesn't make any sense at all.

After everything that has happened with school and that horrible English teacher, he has decided against college and plans on working full time. He was leaning towards that before but it put him over the edge. We are okay with that, not wanting him to be swamped with student loans only to drop out without a degree, considering he really doesn't have anything that interests him. He just wants to work hard and move on. Neither Clinton or I have a college degree, I went, but didn't finish. All of Clinton's education has been paid for by the companies he works for. He is as highly paid in his job as anyone including those with degrees. I run my own successful business. I am not worried about Randy because he is a very hard worker and that's what he will really need to succeed.

I suppose I better get my house cleaned up, I haven't done anything. I didn't get up this morning because I took something to help me sleep, so I made myself do 30 minutes of step after the girls went down for nap, then I had to shower and I've just been reading and surfing this afternoon, so I need to get something done!

Thanks again for all of your support! You're the best!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to LynnK1

Lynn~~sending you my love. I am proud of him, though!

I set up Aprile's party....I hope the site works better. I'm scared to enter orders. LOL And, I am really sure Amy's scared even more than me.

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to ScrappinHusker

Debbie...how do you want me to pay you?

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k

Hi all!

Lynn - Randy looks pretty fit to me - by no means fat. And its exciting when our kids figure out what they want to do post HS, regardless of what that is. sounds like he is excited about his future. He will thrive (his parents are great role models of success)

yeah for working out (I need to add that to me "to do" list.....)

Yay for Aprile's party

almost Friday

our 8:30 bball game was just cancelled - only 2 people on the other team. this would have been our last game before state - but I have to admit, glad we don;t have to drive up to the air force academy later

G had her bball game this afternoon - she did not play football but she also just walked back and forth - every once in a while she would guard her girl - problem is, she guards them when WE have the ball and leaves them alone when THEY have the ball - silly girl...I don't know how much of that strategy they have shared with her....oh well - she likes being part of the team - and she behaved on the bus (which I found out after the fact she did not on Tuesday)

Think we are heading out to dinner not sure what we'll have - something cheap....maybe I will choose a place that has margaritas - or maybe I should see where I have gift cards....

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to MandeeB

• MandeeB Said:
Debbie...how do you want me to pay you?

Do you just want to send me a check?

debbie*b
Guru
debbie*b

Lynn thanks...I think I want a Family...

Let me know how you want me to pay you.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to debbie*b

hi all - went to our fav italian place (Paninos) - I got their meatball appetizer and a cup of minestrone - and a pinot noir (figured Margaritas are probably not their specialty - lol)

sleepy - think I will head to bed and see y'all tomorrow.

nite nite

Debbie - I thought I sent you my email last night but I dont see it in the private message group - do you still need it>?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics