Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

Anyone know anything about walking pneumonia

Thinking B might have it but could be wrong. I've kept her home for the past 2 days. She's had a low grade fever, persistent cough (like every 2-3 minutes), sore throat, headache, loss of appetite. The only symptom she does not have is she is not tugging at her ribs or neck (unusual for her)but when she coughs it sounds like she can't get air. Going to call her ped but they are on lunch break right now.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

Turned the page.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

Don't know a thing about it Val, hope you get some answers soon.
Hugs and Prayers...

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

Waiting for the nurse to call back.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

keep us posted. either way, the symptoms do not sound great and she probably should be seen. poor B....

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Well heard back from nurse, supposed to watch her. If the fever is not gone by tomorrow bring her in, if the cough is not gone in 2 weeks bring her in.

Yesterday she had the fever and cough but felt fine. Right now the poor girl feels miserable.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Question!

As outgoing PTA Pres. should I get small gifts, cards or something for the rest of the board and/or other prominent volunteers?

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Wrong board, sorry

Edited by uoduck on 05-08-13 02:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

I don't have an opinion but Bridget can't log on and she says yes to get gift cards more for the board than volunteers.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

HELLO!!!!!! (hello, hello, hello?)
I only hear an echo!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Good morning Ladies! I can't believe how fast the time is flying.
Last night we signed papers with Randy on a very used but new to him pickup. He is very excited, we got a good deal and his payment is very reasonable so he will be able to start building his credit. They are putting new tires on it and fixing a few other things so he's not going to get it until Saturday morning.

Tomorrow our nephews are playing a baseball game here in town, so we need to try to watch that and I also need to get a haircut in the worst way. I really wanted to get my nails done, but had to cancel that when we got 20+ grad announcements with more trickling in.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

Hello Lynn

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to uoduck

Ugh 20+ that's a lot plus your own.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

yeah, it's a ton, even if we only do $10, it's still a lot. Some we will do just that, and a lot of the others we are going to give towels since I have a 20% coupon for kohls we can get them pretty cheap but it's a nice gift. One is family, so it needs to be more and one has been a super good friend to Randy even this year so we will give her a bit more. And we made Randy's down payment on the truck. And we have to pay for this party. And both boys need some new clothes for graduation. and Brandon blew out a bike tire (he LOVES to ride his bike). and. and. and.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

I seem to be getting more grad announcements this year than last - there are only a few (family) that will receive anything = wish we could do more. (and yes, i did get my nails done - whoops)

My personal opinion on the PTO end of year - I would give very nice (and even hand made) thank you cards. Not sure what has been done in the past - or if a precedence was already set for gift cards - but in todays economic climate I think people often just like to be appreciated.

And I know our school staff does a small volunteer appreciation thingy at the end of the year (I have not gone in a few years as it always falls on G's therapy day - so I grab her and run!)

Still waiting on the yearbook proof - hope it arrives today - getting nervous - guess I ought to get moving on the 6th grade graduation stuff - that is going to be here really quick - 2 weeks from today

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

In the past we haven't given something to everyone who sends us an announcement, but since it's Randy's class and they've been together (most of them) since pre-school that makes it hard.

Did get great news today, even with Randy on the loan and even being a 2002 pickup, we got a 3.49% rate. That's amazing!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Got mine & debbieb's last O2 order, I didn't even know it had shipped. I haven't opened it yet to make sure there's nothing on backorder though...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

great loan rate -

Debbie told me mine shipped from O2 and she was shipping the one from my party - so I think things are looking up for O2. I still have 2 things on backorder - both dangles - but I know those will come through sooner or later (one is for me and one is for shannon, so it's all good)

I'm ready to order more! LOL

OK - so we have rain here - but just west of us - I mean "just" west of us - they have 6 inches or so of snow - unbelievable.....

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

No precedence, only that people know I do stuff like that.

I'm thinking handmade cards for the volunteers that went the extra mile and really helped out and then maybe (not sure) a $5 GC for each of my board members.I always do some sort of gifts for the office staff and janitor and will still do that. last year I got them flowers to plant in their yards.

Edited by uoduck on 05-09-13 10:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

oh - and I just read that in the past 2 days - we have had 2-3 feet of snow at the top of Pikes Peak. Yup, it's May!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics