Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to ScrappinHusker

Thinking of you, Lynn! Sending my love!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

And I turned the page--I haven't done that for awhile!!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck

Yeah Debbie!

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB

Good Morning everyone. I'm hugging my kids a little closer today and am so sad for those in Moore. It is good to see that the death toll isn't as large as originally thought...any way that is what is being reported this morning. We have nasty storms heading our direction today. Living in a modular home without a storm shelter makes you think...what would I do.

I tried to get back into my blog from years ago and I can't remember my log in...boo! I hope I can figure it out. I may just start a new one, but would like to still have access to the old one.

Pam...so proud of G. I had tears listening...she did so great! Excited for Shannon in China.

I need to get the rest of my mess cleaned up. Todd's comment "you've really been moving stuff"

(oh..figured out the password and the email!)

Edited by MandeeB on 05-21-13 06:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

Good Tuesday morning Ladies, seems like it's been ages...

Had a nice weekend, I still haven't broken down, though I can feel it coming now. It was just too busy.
It poured rain all weekend long, but since we are a farming community in a drought, it was very hard to be upset about it. We had a big tent and our garage so it was all good. It could have benn a bit warmer though. Most of the weekend is a blur and I haven't looked at my pictures yet but I don't have high hopes as I was 3rd from the back row. Really hoping my SIL got a bunch. Everything went so fast we didn't get a lot of the pics I was hoping for, and that makes me really sad, but mostly I think I'm just on the verge of an emotional breakdown so everything is making me sad.

Most everything is all cleaned up and put away except for the tent which is still up in the backyard but we don't want to pack it up wet, so hopefully we'll get it down tonight. It only goes to the 4-H council so it's not a big deal.

I do have a ton of laundry to get done today though and I need to finish up some of the senior parent stuff so I can move on to the next project.

I'll try to come back later with some more details but I'm just drained (didn't get home until 4:30am yesterday)...

Chirpinisfun
Veteran
Chirpinisfun
In response to LynnK1

Lynn - Graduation is a very emotional time. We had graduation every 2 years for six years. 98 dd from high school 00 ds from high school 02 dd from college 04 ds from college. We got pretty efficent at throwing parties!! LOL It is the way of life...that's the goal to get them grown up and out of the house!! Right?

We lost power at 10 last night and finally got it back on around noon. There was a tree in our neighbhorhood that took out the power lines. It affected 18 houses. It is weird not having any power...the things you take for granted.

I jammed my leg in the back yard on sunday and have been limping around since then! It's my bad knee of course and it is swelling and hurting tonight. It seemed better today, so I was on it more than I should have been. I haven't been able to walk or exercise since saturday...that feels really strange.

Praying for those in Moore, OK. We practice tornado, emergency, fire and lockdown drills at school, but no one is completely prepared for this kind of disaster!

Only a few more days with students...the days are counting down and I am really ready. Just finishing 25 years of school. That is a really long time! Our prinicpal is leaving and I am really sad about that. I am so nervous for the future.

Mandy - I hope you get everything organized again. I can't imagine what a mess my things would be if I moved as many times as you have since I have known you.

Watching the Voice tonight. Just starting so I gotta go, so I can pay attention! LOL

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to Chirpinisfun

sounds like everyone is busy with their year end activities -

I need to make a lot of thank you notes for staff members and teachers - and not sure I have the umphh...I may just pick up a dozen at Safeway.

I need to buy punch supplies - almost went to WM today and then i remembered it is tuesday - the day when all of the Senior Citizens go - I hate getting confused for someone I am not (yet)...so I will go tomorrow instead - LOL

Graduation prep for the 6th graders is moving along...cant believe that thursday my lil girl will be moving on to JH.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Is it Friday yet?????

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

just need to get through the next two days....my emotions will be raw....

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

and I;m just getting through 6th grade....three of y'all are getting through high school (and one college grad too!)

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

If I can get though tomorrow and Wednesday all will be good.

Oh and I have a graduate too

PreK graduate.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

Good Morning!

Today!
finishing the graduation arch
shopping at WM for 12 froz lemonade concentrates, 12 cans of pineapple juice, 18 2 ltr bottles of gingerale a gluten free cake mix and icing---(and now I have a shopping list to refer to)
then Office Depot for ink cartridges (one of each color please) and yes, another shopping list

hoping I have time to pop over to he park for the 6th grade class party - I swear they have done virtually nothing since TCAPS have ended - I know this is the typical routine for 6th graders - and then they wonder why G acts out.....

G has therapy in the afternoon- and somewhere in this mix I need to make a million thank you cards and grad cards....

oh yeah - need to make S airline reservations to come home (passthru) next month - off to do that now

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Good morning Ladies. Can't believe how fast the time is flying! today is Brandon's last full day of school.
It's cloudy again today, but I think it's supposed to be nice all week. Funny how it was nasty just long enough to get us through grad weekend! that's okay, I guess.

Hope you all have a great day!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

So, 6th grade grad is tomorrow then Pam? We don't have any kind of graduations here except 8th grade and high school of course. Not even pre-school or Kindergarten.

Working on refinancing our house to free up some money for the other adventure. I sure do hate filling out all of those stupid forms!

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to LynnK1

Hey all...happy Graduations! I know that it's not easy on the emotions. I now have been through 4 and have at least 2 more to go, depending on college for M and B and perhaps the other two will go back someday. Probably not, they make good money with WM.

Went to the Ortho today, the Library and WM. Todd's new manager seems to be better at this point. He at least stopped and talked with me today and I think he will be able to perhaps start taking lunches again...which would be good, as he doesn't eat anything on his 12 hours shifts right now.

I weighted today and I'm down 6lbs. I am back into my size 10 jeans and the medium shirt I wore to town today, wasn't too tight...now for another 6! If I loose the other 6, I'll be back down to where I was in Colorado. Then I can start again

I hope you all have a great day. I'm planning on working in the scrapbooking supplies and doing some serious organizing today.

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to MandeeB

Hi everyone! Today was Jack's last day of preschool. I can't believe he's going to be a Kindergarten Kid in the fall. Lord help me get through this summer with all three home all day. I'm seriously worried. Emma is in a hitting and screaming phase. Ugh! Kate's last day is Friday. Tomorrow is field day.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

I feel for you Amy, I have 2 biters. One is a whiner, another has a bad temper. NO fun at all...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

hi all

6th grade grad on Thursday evening (guess most schools call it continuation....)balloon arch is almost done - not a "real" balloon arch - we string balloons onto a garden arch so no helium is needed - will finish it up tomorrow morning - then get reception stuff ready in the afternoon

will be glad when this is all done

ready to get into a summer routine - which will hopefully include a lot of scrapping and crafting and not so much "whats the plan" though I suspect it will be the latter....

ok - time to get a few things done'

yeah for weight loss
hugs for biters
hugs for moms of grads

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Happy Graduation Day to lil G today! and big to mama Pam.

Thinking of Debbie, too. I'm thinking their grad is this weekend but not for sure?

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL

Good morning girls. Congrats to G
Lynn Mandy Pam Debbie cards are going to be late. Sorry. Mandy need Taylor s address. I'll be working on them this weekend.
We are still in school till June 5 then graduation is the 7th.
I'm still not dealing with it.
Then Brandon may take a job over summer at the grand canyon. I won't see him much before he heads off to college. Pam I don't know how you do it. How is Shannon doing in China?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics