Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

yay for teachers that get it!

just finished my march ATCs (yes march - but the last one just came in ytdy's so...not too late)

squirrel

and yeah for amy for doing digi!!!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

did Pam turn the page????

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to LynnK1

Karen!!! Loved that story! I can just picture it!

I'm going to ask more advice! I started my up and running digi class today and I must confess it is very fun!!! You all were so right!!! Now, can you all point me in the direction of some cute kindergarten/preschool templates? I think I'll start with the kid's school stuff. Also I found a girl scout kit for $5.99. Is that expensive? Can you steer me in the right direction? I'm going to start with templates at first and as I get through more lessons, I'm sure I'll ask even more questions.

What a blessing you all are to me! Thank you in advance for any help. Pam already taught me the cntrl + trick and I love it!!!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to LynnK1

• LynnK1 Said:
Good morning Ladies!

I wish mine would apply himself to something other than sports! Again, it could be much worse, but it frustrates me because he's really smart, but once he gets upset with the teacher for something then he just stops caring. and he's opinionated, so it never takes long for him to get upset with the teacher!

I have the Canon 7D, and I LOVE it! But, I had 2 rebels before and I loved those too!

sounds JUST LIKE MY SON!!!! UGH!!!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to ScrappinHusker

Great story Karen!!!!!

YEA...AMY is getting addicted to digi!!!!

I've been using a lot of Creative Memories and now they've made their kits be universal for Photoshop.

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to ScrappinHusker

Amy, I use a lot of Creative Memories too, and their software too, but I have bought some of My Memories kits, and if you haven't already done so, google free digital scrapbook. I have gotten a lot of free stuff, and free fonts too, maybe look at or for Kevin and Amanda, I don't remember for sure but I think I got a lot of free fonts from them. Also I really like your layout! Awesome!

Off and running...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to KarenJG

lots of places for free fonts - the one Karen mentioned is great - also check out dafont. and I know there are a few other favs of mine.

$5.99 is not bad - but where are you looking - most sites will have periodic sales - so if you can wait just a bit, be patient.....

lots of free digi supplies out there - I used to download everything, now I am a bit more selective and think "am I going to use that" -

getting ready to head to swim practice - sorry I won't see you there Karen - next week.....
will you be at soccer on Saturday????

got band pics today -hope they turned out well - getting science olympiad kiddos tomorrow - on friday G's class is going to the Space Symposium and I am doing the run to Chipotles for their burritos - and those will be ready on their desks when they get back - and then in the afternoon - they will have "the talk" video - ugh, hopefully she continues to process this as we have been discussing it for the past few months

got my first critique back on my photo class on shutter speed - yay! I did well - she said the only thing she would change is to have me move in closer to the subject - had to let her know that my next shot I DID move in closer - (not a good idea when you are shooting a tether ball in action - glad it hit my head and not the camera) this week is on aperture - told Shannon I want to take her out tomorrow and have her be my model - and she agreed - cool....

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to pammie~k

Congrats on the photo class, Pam. I am glad to be at home with both boys in bed and my feet up. I am planning on being at soccer on Sat., although if given the chance I will let someone else do it.

I didn't get my phone, yet! Mine died this morning and since it does this once or twice a week, I deffinatly decided to get a new one before something happens and I don't get the message because of my phone. But I talked to the sprint store and they said my phone has to be on in order to get the stuff off it and on to the new phone, so we'll see. I traded batteries with Ron tonight and am going to see if his phone will charge my battery tonight! I guess we will have to see if it takes the charge and then see if I can go get it done.

Goodnight my friends!

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to KarenJG

Hey all!
I'm back, sorry I was MIA all day. I had a lot of work to get done plus other stuff so I stayed off the board - too many squirrels. LOL

Talked to my aunt today, her liver does have one spot of cancer but other than her pancreas that is the only cancer in her body so I guess that is good. If you want to call it good. She still has an infection and has to go get yet another type of stint tomorrow, this one opens and closes and is supposed to be better. She can not start chemo until she is healthy. They seem to thing (or at least she tells me) that they can get all the cancer on her liver with the chemo treatments and then have the surgery for her pancreas. The Chemo is the type where she wears a fanny pack type bag for 48 hours and then gets a 3 day break and then more of the bag for 48 hours, on and on until the tumor is gone. They didn't tell her for how long. Right now she really needs to get healthy so she can start the chemo and get that cr@p out of her body.

I'll be going to Kansas when she starts chemo to help out.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to KarenJG

Karen - see you on saturday - hopefully....

well - will probably be taking shannon to urgent care in the morning - she fell today and hurt her wrist - big knot keeps swelling - seems to be able to move her fingers but she says it really hurts....we will see what tomorrow brings and how it looks - for now, she has a ride into school for the first 3 hours until I can get G to school and until urgent care opens...

gnite my friends...

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Oh no Pam, hope she is ok.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

Just checked on Shannon ...seems to be sleeping ok...arm does not look more swollen....

Why am I up you ask .....

G has a tummy bug...Grrr....was hoping I could focus on Shannon while g was at school....no such luck...that would be too easy

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to pammie~k

Praying for you, Pam! I hope this morning is better and the girls are feeling good.

Val - what it your aunt's first name? I will pray for her. If they caught the pancreatic cancer soon enough, she has a good chance. I know people that have beaten it. Hang in there!

Emma had a rough night. I can't tell if it's just a cold, but she's teething now too. Hopefully today will be better!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

Shannon's arm still looks swollen and is pretty bruised - really hope that is all it is - but going to err on the side of caution and take her in for an xray.

G "seems" fine and is not running a fever - but following the "24 hour" rule - so she is home.

Oh, and did I mention Dave is traveling this week.

Val - saying a prayer for your Aunt. Will the girls travel to Kansas with you. When do you start the new job? (or have you)

Amy, sorry about Emma...pray today is better for her.

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to pammie~k

Pam, do you want me to come sit with G while you take Shannon? I could be over by 8:30? I have nothing but work today until after school, and since I work my own hours I can do it.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to KarenJG

Karen - that is so sweet - my first reaction is to say we'll be okay...but I need to learn to accept a kind and generous offer for help when it is offered. (hard for me to do) Are you sure you're okay with that. I don't know how long I would be at Urgent Care and that could cut into your work day. (But I am hoping it will be quick - and if they refer us somewhere I would come get G first) Give me a buzz - I think you have my cell/home.

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to pammie~k

Totally fine with it! Wouldn't have offered if I wasn't. I will txt you.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to KarenJG

Karen!!! that is so awesome you can help Pam out! Pam!!! Good for you for accepting the help! You girls ROCK!!!

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to LynnK1

Good morning all,

Pam hoping Shannon will be ok and its nothing serious.

Karen, that's awesome that you are so close and can offer to watch G. I know I would If I were close, but boo hoo, I live too far from you guys.

Val praying for your Aunt.

Lynne, how is Rayne doing? prayers still going out for your family.

Amy hope Emma gets to feeling better too. Loved your layout.

Debbie's how are you guys?

Mandy, cute Easter pics.

Aprile, I see you pinning all kinds of baby cards, are you secretly hoping for a grandbaby soon? lol

Lynn did you ever make an account on pinterest? I want to follow if you did.

Went to my first meet of the season for the HS yesterday. I've missed it so much since my boys decided not to run. The coaches and kids all made me feel so welcomed and missed. Do you know what a great feeling it is to have kids come up to you and say Ms Bridget will you take my picture? Well it meant the world to me. I guess all those thousands of pics I've taken do matter.

Well gotta hit the gym I have a little black dress Im trying to get into by tomorrow. LOL don't know if it will happen.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to KarenJG

Ugh Pam, does not sound like a fun day at all. I hope it all works out and Karen you are so sweet to help her out.

Amy - hope Emma has a better day than night and it's just teeth. Not a fun time for momma or baby.
Thanks so much for the prayers for my Aunt. Her name is Pat and thanks for the info on survivors. We lost my uncle (her brother) to the same thing and it was very fast from the time he was diagnosed until he left us so this is all very scary. I do know they caught my aunts early so your information really helped me be a bit more at ease about it. Thank you so much!

When I go B will stay here with DH and DS as she has school but I'll probably take the Bear with me as it's not a big deal if she misses pre-school. Not really sure, we shall see. It would be easier for me to leave her here as I'll be taking my work with me so I'll be working and taking care of my aunt. I have started my new project/job so very busy - but a good busy.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics