Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to BridgetL

OK - so...
Debbie and I topped 200 on draw...
Bridget and I topped 300 on draw...
Mandy and I are approaching 200
Karen and I are approaching 200
Lynn and I continue to roll over 400
DebbieB - don't forget to play. :-)

geez - if you look at all of the games I play - I am over 1950 - which means I have drawn about 975 pics - how sad is that...I need a life...but it is fun...

guess you can tell on my pics when I am lazy, when I am drawing while dave drives (lots of bumps), when I am bored and want to get detailed.....LOL

thanks for playing my friends

*btw - we're home...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to ScrappinHusker

I think I will have a tough time when Shannon goes - ok - I know I will - part of me wants to tell Dave to take her up and I will say goodbye in the driveway here - but I wont do that...

her schedule is amazing...in High school she used to say she wished every class was a music class - pretty much is in college - she has a math class, an education class and freshman intro class (freedom and responsibility) otherwise EVERYTHING is music...I posted the pic on facebook, will try to get it over here for Lynn.

she doesn't know why she is in chamber orchestra - so she is asking about that - has a lot of questions to ask but it's all good. not sure if I said this early, but she made the comment ytdy that she's nervous - I asked her why and she said it is too far from home....really...that's the first time she has said that...I still think she is more than ready though.....

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to pammie~k

We will be praying for you and Shannon for sure! When is the big moving day? It will be big and scary at first, but then she'll make friends and love the independence. It's awesome that she can take so many music classes! Just think how much she's going to grow as a musician. So cool!

Debbie - I still haven't decided which camera I want. Nikon vs. Canon. I guess I'm waiting for an amazing sale to sway my decision. It's such a commitment!

I think I had 42 points today at Jilly's. Whoa! I'm going to try and get in some extra exercise this week for sure!!! Man, the food was sooooooo good!!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

42 points - i have to give you credit for counting the points - i would have blown it off

so we are chatting with G about her going with us in August to take sissy to college
and when we come home, it will be just the three of us living here - and she asked if she would have a new sister...um...no

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

LOL poor lil G.

Pam have a couple boxes of tissue ready when you take her. I did ok until the parent's mass and then when I left the dorm parking lot the last time. I didn't know I had that many tears in me.

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to uoduck

Hugs, Pam!

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to KarenJG

Not that great of a weekend here! DH and I "fought" most of Sat. until I left for retail therapy and cropping at Archivers, where I got little done, but what else is new. Today started better, but then he decided to try to have his mother watch the boys so I could go to work on Tuesday, which I could really use it tomorrow, but I don't want to beg and so whatever...I feel like sometimes he thinks all the running around I do for the boys (mostly Zach) is just for socializing, like it is optional or just for fun. Okay, done with that rant! Tomorrow will be better!

Leaving for Kansas on Wed. late morning. Leaving DH here. He has too much going on at work and even though he has the time, he would be too far behind when we got back. Hoping to go to Legoland and thinking about the aquarium, also going to see the river boat that sank. Will be staying with family which is nice and even nicer, they have pool. Nothing fancy, but a pool in July will be nice especially in KANSAS!

I need to get to bed so I can get an early start tomorrow on packing etc. Talk to you all soon, I hope!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to KarenJG

Aprile - do you have an iphone or a droid ...
did you know Tim Holtz now has an iphone app...

Karen - sorry about the weekend - we had a few of those "discussions" ourselves...I love him (my dave) dearly - but sometimes he can be such a jackhole....and I bet he is saying the same thing about me......and the whole running Zach around hit home. YES, I do have some downtime to do a few Pam things - like right now the luxury of sitting on my computer without anyone else here (maybe for 5 minutes) but the minute she is up I am on 24/7....even if he is here....and socializing...sure I go to her therapy to socialize (and actually now I sit in my car instead of the lobby so I have a few more minutes of me time....) hang in there....I do think they "get it" even when they don't "get it" Not sure if you are friends with Catherine Krause (CSDSA) but check out her blog post ytdy - it really resonated with me.... http://krausebears.com/2012/07/16/confession s-of-a-worr...

Good Morning All! I caved - I was going to go all the way to 1600 coins to buy 50 bombs but stopped at the middle one - now I have 20 word bombs and am afraid to use them to buy words - sort of like buying pretty paper and not using it ....LOL

Today! G has tutoring at 8 - think I will walk during that time. Then she has therapy in the afternoon - only OT today since her SLP is out. Otherwise....laundry and hopefully catching up on a few projects. I intentionally did not take my laptop to chicago - a bit refreshing - so now I need to get back to work....

Wishing each of you a splendid week!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to pammie~k

good morning!

Sorry about the jackholes that are surfacing. Mine has been decent this week. 2 Fridays ago....different story!!!

Wow on all of your draw something games.

I have 110 with Bridget
275 with Denise.
204 with Pam
209 with my niece
62 with Mandy
202 with Lynn
69 with Debbieb
and 32 with my son...who hasn't played for 20 days!!!

I am trying to do a bit of scrapping before I start that series of books.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to KarenJG

• KarenJG Said:
Yes, Bridget the black dagger books are AWESOME! I love them. They are old enough you should be able to find them at a used book store. I actually bought the first 6 as a set from one of those catalogs with cutesey gifts in it, and they were paperback and not too bad for the set. I haven't read the latest ones yet. I read up to 9 or 10 I think. Also you might be able to check them out from the library, maybe even on eBooks from the there too.

Lynn, I will make a note of the series you suggested. A good friend of mine has suggested the Sookie Stackhouse series and another series I can't remember. Another friend reccomended one I can't remember something with witch in the title. The second book just came out she said. She too is reading 50 Shades right now! Too funny!

I have read the Sookie Stackhouse books, too, forgot about that, it was a couple of summers ago, I haven't read the newest ones, I should go to the library and check those out. They are what the HBO series True Blood is based on.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Good Monday morning ladies!
Good to catch up with everyone on here. I will get my drawings caught up here in a few, we had an "interesting" weekend.

Saturday we had a ton of running to do in town, mostly to get ready for 4-H fair next week. New boots, stuff to finish projects, parts for the camper and Randy needed some decent clothes so we can take some senior pics in the next week or so, when the barley fields turn before harvest. Really good afternoon together.
That evening the boys went to work with Randy's steer and they're also taking care of some chores for some friends, where we keep the steer. Pretty soon we get a panicked call from Brandon that the steer is out, so I hang up and start to get my shoes on and get a panicked call from Randy that his steer is out! He just kept yelling his steer is out, and I told him we couldn't get there if I didn't get off the phone!
So, we get there, and yes, the steer is out, but he's just standing by the corrals, Clinton got him caught and tied up. So, the real problem was that Randy got drug by his steer, a fair distance, the steer got spooked by the cats and Randy thought he could control him, so he didn't let go, he got dragged and they both hit his pickup, which is when he let go. So, then, I took him home to start getting him cleaned up and Clinton and Brandon stayed back to finish the chores: steers, horses, dogs. Brandon went to feed the dogs and the male cornerd him, AFTER he let him and B feed him and was just filling his water. Clinton had to get him out, and the dog did bite Brandon's hand. Come to find out, both the boys knew that the dog doesn't like Brandon for some reason, but Brandon just wanted to help get stuff done so he didn't say anything to Clinton!

So, anyways, we did end up taking Randy to the ER because he has a big knot on his forearm and also because of the pain in his hands. I did get them cleaned up and most of his back while we were waiting for Clinton to get back from chores. Luckily it's just a soft tissue injury in his arem, but he has first degree burns on his back,elbows and knees, with a few second degree, and second degree burns on his hands. He is in alot of pain in his hands, most everything else isn't too bad, but I think his hands hurt so bad that they are masking the pain for the rest of his body.

He's fine, just needs some time to heal. The timing isn't great, he needs to continue to work with his steer and he has football camp this week and he can't really use his hands. He also can't do his job because of the bacteria since infection is the biggest concern. He did go in to work the office today which is good.
Yesterday we had to do his chores for him since he was finally sleeping, and then we had company for dinner.

So, basically that is why I am so far behind on my draw something games, I'll get caught up in a few! lol!

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to pammie~k

• pammie~k Said:
OK - so...
Debbie and I topped 200 on draw...
Bridget and I topped 300 on draw...
Mandy and I are approaching 200
Karen and I are approaching 200
Lynn and I continue to roll over 400
DebbieB - don't forget to play. :-)

geez - if you look at all of the games I play - I am over 1950 - which means I have drawn about 975 pics - how sad is that...I need a life...but it is fun...

guess you can tell on my pics when I am lazy, when I am drawing while dave drives (lots of bumps), when I am bored and want to get detailed.....LOL

thanks for playing my friends

*btw - we're home...

Welcome home.
I had to laugh when reading this. I was trying to figure out how many drawings I have done too. I love that we are all playing this.
And Debbieb, come back and play I miss you!

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to BridgetL

good morning,
Well some of you might know had to take my mom to the ER on Saturday night 11:30. Stayed with her until 4 am. I think she will be there for a few days. That was most part of my weekend, took Dominic looking for a tux, He looks mighty handsome.
Tried a new drink. Long Beach Ice Tea. WOW my new favorite

Hey I got all my recipes done. Who else did?

JK. I only got 2 done, but will still keep plugging away.

Hope everyone is doing well on this monday morning. Hugs

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to BridgetL

Oh my gosh Lynn, Im so sorry to hear about the boys. I hope Randy heals quickly. I know how much he loves football. wow he must have been scared. I know I was reading that.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to BridgetL

Hope she's doing alright Bridget. I've never heard of a Long Beach Iced Tea, only Long Island. What's in it?

Yes, football was a huge concern and one of the reasons we decided to go to the ER to have the arm checked out. he does have camp this week, but doesn't actually start football for about a month, so we figured we wouldn't mess around with it, so it would have the most amount of time to heal correctly if it was broken, but thank goodness it's just a deep bruise. Still probably won't get to do much in camp, at least today, but, we're going to try to get the blisters all taped up and then he can try to wear his gloves.
I'm sure he was scared, but I think Brandon had it worse because he had to watch it, and then nearly got ran over, had to jump in the back of the pick up!
And Clinton said he never got worked up over the dumb dog. What a trooper.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to BridgetL

Goodness Lynn - that must have been so scary - for the boys as well as for you. Saying a prayer for healing. Are either boy spooked enough that they don't want to go back? And you will get to draw when you get there - definitely not a priority....

Bridget - did not hear about your Mom - hope she is on the mend soon. And Dominic would look good in a tux or anything else - handsome boy.

need to look at the new series of books....

walked this morning....ran into a few moms from G's school and tagged along with them - pushed me a bit farther than I would have gone (up a few hills) so I am chilling now....

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Suprisingly, Pam, neither of them seem too upset. Brandon went with us Sunday morning, and of course, we didn't let him in the male dog's pen, but even through the fence the dog acted the same, it really spooked me, but didn't seem to upset Brandon, of course, he was outside the fence! It's weird the dog doesn't like him, he is a major animal lover.

Randy seems fine, but, we haven't been back down there since then. So, I guess we won't know until we get there. It's tough because it's his first time taking a steer, and now fair is just over a week away, so he doesn't really have time to be scared he has to stay with it. He's worked really hard with the butthead this summer, so we don't want to lose that at this point. Back in the saddle as they say!

Good for you on the walk, Pam! I haven't gone in a couple of days, between the heat and the craziness I haven't made it, was just stepping out the door the other night when the boys called. Thank goodness I hadn't left yet.

What's the tux for Bridget?

And, I am now all caught up with my drawings! lol!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

I bought bombs at 720 and now I'm trying to ration them out a bit until I have 1600 coins to buy the big package! I used to be able to get special words for 1 bomb all the time, but now they are almost always 2 or more, that irritates me! I'm also not really happy about the word choices lately!

Chirpinisfun
Veteran
Chirpinisfun
In response to LynnK1

Lynn - glad everyone is okay! Big animals scare me! That's why I got a little dog!

Pam - I just downloaded the app for Timmy! Thanks for the heads up... I have an iphone ....love it! But I didn't have internet connection before...didn't think I needed it...well, don't NEED it but I love having it!

We are in Grand Rapids, Michigan on our way to Mackinac Island. I have never been there before. Going to go swimming in a few minutes. Gotta earn some extra pointsplus for later in the week!

Bridget - sorry about your momma. Fun in the rain or hail rather! Gonna have to try that drink. The last time I had a Long Island Iced Tea was the week my son got married and told me I wasn't invited to the wedding. I drank everyday for 7 days...he let me go to the wedding at the courthouse, now they have been divorced for 2 years! lol

Okay, off to take a dip!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to Chirpinisfun

very scary about your boys, Lynn. Hope there is quick healing for football time.

Bridget~~sorry about your Mom. And, aren't you funny about the recipes!!! Haven't started....well, I looked @ it.

I got 4 digi pages done this afternoon. Just need to work on the 4th of July and I will be onto our family weekend @ the lake.

We leave on Tuesday for another lake...this time Okoboji. Looking forward to that.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics