Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to KarenJG

Hello everyone! Thanks for the birthday wishes. I had a good day. I went shopping for Zach, since we share our special day! I finally found the game he kept asking for (which was a game he already had, but said it was scratched) Now he keeps showing me that they are the same! I think he found "another" fire fighter game for the wii, but I think it is the same game but a different cover and for England. Ohwell, I found it used so I didn't spend a ton for it and he was happy!

I kinda got my camera. Went "black Thursday" shopping with Ron and got it at Sears. It is a Cannon T3i with an extra lens and an 8gb SD card. Camera was on sale for $599 plus $49.99 for the lens (instead of $199) and card was FREE. Plus got extra rewards points on the Sears rewards card to equal $120 on anything else we want to buy. So I think that was pretty good, however, I have to wait until mid Dec. because they didn't have the camera in stock. So I have a lens and SD card for now!

I need to go cut a few flowers for a friend for her reading group at school, and then finish dinner! Have a great evening!

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to KarenJG

Did I turn the page?

KarenJG
Veteran
KarenJG
In response to KarenJG

Yep, I guess I did!

Has anyone got their own font from JS before. They are on sale and I think I am going to get it for me and my sister for Christmas! Just wondering if it pretty cool, or not really?

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to KarenJG

Karen - I had my font done - it was part of the Art if Digital Journaling class. I love it - it's neat to be able to journal in your own handwriting on layouts....

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

I am wiped and still have a ton to do around here....My mouth feels really dry and "dusty" if that makes sense - I think it is unpacking all of these boxes (not to mention the weather is dry too)

Most of the boxes are unpacked and then repacked with regular stuff - Fireplace Mantel and Family room tree are done - have a corner here and there - done - and I have piles and clusters of stuff that need to find homes.

casualties so far - one baby Jesus has no arm - one king decapitated and one mouse decapitated. The mouse is sad because it is over 25 years old - just a cute little figurine, but I have had it for years.....

Trying to figure out what Lily will do tomorrow....(Lynn - Lily is our Elf on a Shelf)
Hoping to get a tree tomorrow night - we really want a Pinon Pine - the place we usually get them told us they should be here on Tuesday - fingers crossed. the great thing about a Pinon Pine is that they mount the tree on a 2x4 crossed base.....No watering - at all - and lasts at least 6 weeks if not longer....sure takes the hassles and arguments about who did or did not water....

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to KarenJG

She is still alive...and I didn't yell Not sure what the end result will be yet, but she is going back to school and my 11 year old got a spanking from her daddy...probably one of the worst things that could have happened to her. Still really sad, but I know it's a learning time.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to MandeeB

Hugs Mandy....

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to pammie~k

Hugs, Mandy. And, wow...I had no idea the changes coming down for your family. Will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to ScrappinHusker

Do any of you have a miniature Christmas village? I've always wanted one and decided this weekend I'll start buying one building per year just have to decide which series to go with. I don't know much about them other then I like them.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

Val...super idea. Been on many wishlist. You night even be able to pick up some items during post Christmas sales.would be interested in suggestions myself

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Good morning ladies! Wow! Most of you really go all out for Christmas. We're lucky if the tree get up! We just don't have a good house for decorating. I've always loved those villages, but we don't have a place to set one up! I say, go for whatever series they sell at Michael's so you can use a coupon! lol!

Glad things didn't go too badly with Melia, I'm sure it will be an eye opener for her, as it was intended.

Karen, so glad you went with the canon, I really don't think you'll be disappointed! Too bad you have to wait for it!
Happy Birthday to Zach, too! I shared my birthday with my mom also.

Did drag our tree out of the crawl space and got it set up. Not sure when we'll get it decorated, but it's up!

Randy is going to have a massage this morning, he's been having headaches pretty solid for the last 2 weeks. And he's such a mouthy little bugger. I would say some of the symptoms of a concussion, but he's been out of football for over a month. I'm sure he's going to feel terrible the rest of the day, but hopefully he will feel better tomorrow. The gal who does it also does light adjustments. I could really use to see her myself, my hips have been hurting terribly lately!
Anyways, not an expense I really needed right before Christmas, but that's the way it goes! I just hope he feels better!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to LynnK1

Hugs for you Mandy! Prayers for Melia too - it's tough to be 11. I'll keep praying for your move to Texas and Todd's job too. Lots of changes on the horizon. I'm hoping you are not too stressed - being closer to family will help. It takes a village!

Hugs for Shannon too - it's tough to know your position in the family when you are gone at college. I remember coming home and feeling so weird. Your a good mommy, Pam - keep loving her through it!

Lynn - I hope Randy feels better soon. A massage sounds great. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Val - what's that one brand of Christmas village? It's a number or maybe 52 or something?!? My friends collect them. Pretty pretty!

Karen - sounds like you got a fantastic deal on the camera!! Yay!!! What a great buy!!! . . . . . Debbie!!!!

My hip is out of whack today, so I'm going to chill for a little while. Thank goodness for Emma's nap time!!!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to AMYabc123

I looked it up. I was close. It's Department 56. http://www.department56.com/index.aspx

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

Randy was way out of whack, hopefully he will feel better in a day or two!

Amy hope you feel better soon, too!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to LynnK1

Thanks, Lynn. I sat on a heating pad for a little while. Didn't help much. If it hurts tomorrow, I'll call the doc. I try to avoid the predizone (sp?) if I can. One day I know I'll need it, but I don't want to take steroids if I don't absolutely have to.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

That's a nasty little pill! Really helps you feel better, but very addictive I hear. My hips have really been hurting me, too. I would really like to go see this therapist before basketball starts, but it's hard to spend the extra $40 before Christmas.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

have a Dept 56 church - its lovely - so I guess I have the start of a collection - LOL

Need some more ribbon - wrapped a few picture frames to look like gift boxes - but don't have matching ribbon for two of them...

forgot to hit send - back from Michaels with the ribbon AND we got our Pinon Pine Tree...now for the fun part - but Dave's job is putting on the lights, so that comes first

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

I've been looking at the Dept. 56 stuff. I think I'll start with a church b/c you have to have a church.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

I got it as a gift - but I like the idea of a church being the focal point of the village...

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to pammie~k

I've been looking at the villages too. I think I might get one for Paul for Christmas. He had one before we were married and I made him get rid of it. I know, I'm mean - but it was cheap looking and ugly and we had no where to put it.

My hip is back to normal today. Crazy inflammation!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics