Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

Amy - glad your hip is better. I have some Christmas things that were acquired when our Christmas storage merged...I just keep a few of those ugly things tucked away - LOL (then again, not sure who picked them out originally, Dave or his ex)

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

Good morning ladies!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

Good Morning Lynn - and all...

off to the eye doc - BBL

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

I feel like a total grinch compared to all of you!!

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

I haven't started decorating yet Lynn, just thinking about it. You're not a grinch.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

Yeah, but you do decorate, Val. We just put up a tree! lol! I blame it on the DH...

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

Mine used to be like that but that is one area I stood my ground on and now he gets into it too. He keeps saying he's going to put lights up outside and so far never has but I'm hoping maybe this year.

I love decorating for Christmas and hate taking it all down. I decorate the weekend closest to Dec. 6th (mom's bday) and don't take it down until 12 days after Christmas say (the 12 days of Christmas).

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

hi all - eye doc appt went well - was "going" to get a pair of prescription bifocal sunglasses so I would not need to double layer my glasses (readers over top of sun glasses which totally embarrasses the girls - ok, and me too) frames covered..bifocals covered...materials not (like polycoarbonite and tint - would run anywhere from 135 to 200....think I will pass and just look goofy....

house is pretty much done except the big tree - dave will put the lights on when he gets home and then we can finish decorating - yay!!!

ok - off to G's therapy, a quick bite at subway and over to confirmation classes - later!

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to AMYabc123

Hi all, decorating is going slowly here. Just got back from Cali, so will work on it the rest of the week.
Val we take Christmas down on lil Christmas, so im guessing that is the last day of the 12 days of Christmas. Jan 6 I think.
Love all the elf on the shelf ideas. So wish I knew about this when my boys were little.

Mandy you will be missed. But I can understand sacrificing for the family. I will definitely write you as I love getting mail too. Hope everything is ok with Melia. I sure she has learned her lesson. being a young person now days seems a lot harder than it use to be. Trying to fit in with what others expect. I take that back i guess its always been that way. She's got great parents, so im sure she will know whats right and wrong.
Speaking of mail, thanks Aprile for the beautiful Christmas card. I'm not sure what I will be doing this yr since I totally space taking a pic while Dominic was here last week. So expect mine closer to Christmas.
Amy glad your hip is feeling better. And so glad nothing happened to you and Emma.
oh Val, I collect houses, im not particular to any one brand, maybe I should be, but I just buy what I like. We put them up top of the Kitchen cabinets.
Lynn i know its not fun to spend $ at this time on other things, but if it will be helpful to you feeling better I say go for it.
Karen YAY on the camera, well sort of I'd like a new one at some point.
Aprile and Debbieb, sorry about your blogs. I haven't come across that message yet. I know I will cry big time when I do. Im never going to delete if I can help it.
Ok im sending out Dominic's b-day gift. Its a idea I got off pinterest. I put $$ inside balloons and blew them up and put them in a box. put in some dollar store stuff and added some christmas lights so he can decorate his room.
Love Pinterest.

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to BridgetL

Bridget - Great idea on the birthday gift. I saw one I'm going to give to Sarah. It is individual dollars rolled up and tied with ribbon. A gingerbread man is at the top with a note that says something about getting dough . . . I thought it was cute.

Pam - those glasses can be so expensive. Ugh!

Lynn - nothing would get decorated here if it weren't for me. I'm not in the mood yet - my house is too messy. I need to fix that.

Off to watch Survivor! Goodnight!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

and yes...April's Christmas cards are beautiful. Still need to "make" and order mine (online)-

Christmas tree has lights, garland and about 1/2 the ornaments - will do the rest in the morning.Decided we need yet another tree to display our "A Christmas Story" ornament collection - now to find a home for it - LOL

If all goes well tomorrow - I will head out to see Breaking Dawn Part 2 right after lunch duty - fingers crossed...

Amy - still thankful you are alright....

Bridget - neat idea on Dominics gift

ok - I'm tired and think I am heading to bed.

gnite all

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to pammie~k

I was dreaming about that crazy car wreck all night long. It was truly a miracle that nothing hit my car. I swear, I swerved so fast and got out of the way so quickly, it was unbelievable! I didn't have room to put on my brakes - the cars were crashing and coming right at me. God and his angels were definitely with me. After I stopped my car and got out to check, Emma just looked at me like, "What? Is it time to get out of the car, Mama?". She wasn't phased one bit. Amazing!

I am so very thankful I had both hands on the wheel. It made all of the difference!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

• AMYabc123 Said:
I was dreaming about that crazy car wreck all night long. It was truly a miracle that nothing hit my car. I swear, I swerved so fast and got out of the way so quickly, it was unbelievable! I didn't have room to put on my brakes - the cars were crashing and coming right at me. God and his angels were definitely with me. After I stopped my car and got out to check, Emma just looked at me like, "What? Is it time to get out of the car, Mama?". She wasn't phased one bit. Amazing!

I am so very thankful I had both hands on the wheel. It made all of the difference!

I missed this somewhere? I'm so glad you are both okay!!!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Good morning ladies!!
Not much going on around here. Randy still has a terrible headache, so I guess I'll try to get him in to the Dr. Starting to worry it's something serious. Say a little prayer for him, please!

Finally got confirmation that my laptop shipped, should be here early next week. I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'm dredding it because of all the work loading things and connecting to printers, etc...
I am super excited for my new PSE11 though! Hope I can pick it up easily!!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

oh! I forgot, I started my gratitude journal yesterday! Thanks for posting that Pam, I just love the idea! I even used my cricut and my dream cuts. I have a long ways to go, that's a lot of pages. I'm really hoping it's not just another unfinished project...
I also decided I'm only going to use my scraps, except for the cover maybe and some plain white pages, I'm not going to cut any new sheets of paper!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

We need major prayers, on top of the headache problems, it turns out Randy is failing English, which makes him ineligible for basketball until quarter. It's stuff that just happened this week, and I'm not really sure the teacher is being fair with him, and hopefully he can work it out. But, it's not going to be good around here...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

Lynn - praying for Randy - for headaches and for the whole English thing...hugs

Saw Breaking Dawn2 today. I have to admit - I could flip over to Team Edward after seeing this...."could" - not that I would....

yay for new laptops and cameras....

heading to bed - really tired - seems to be the story of my life these days.....

chat later my friends...

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

good morning!

reading my last comment - yes, I was really tired last night - would help if I was not waking up in the middle of the night - almost every night -but for now, that is my life - LOL

I am hoping to get caught up on a few things today - P366 and Photoshop Fridays....we'll see....Dave is home today but is judging for DECA in the morning - so I figure I will have a few hours....

need to pick up something for the crockpot though - that will make my life easier!

BBL - enjoy the day, it's Friday! Apriles Favorite day of the week!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to pammie~k

Praying for Randy. Poor guy - he is having a tough time lately!

Pam - I really want to see it. Maybe next weekend! I hear you on the sleep. Emma is not sleeping well these days - hasn't for awhile and when she doesn't sleep, neither do we. Ugh!

I'm off to preschool and then gonna swing by WW for a weigh in since we're busy tomorrow. Fingers crossed it's good news. I really need to stay focused. Thisnis such an incredibly tough time of year. Tonight I'm going to an event at church and there will be appetizers and cheesecake!!! Heaven help me!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to AMYabc123

Good morning ladies, and TGIF!!
Thanks for the prayers, please keep them up. This is a confusing and stressful situation. He wasn't even on the D list Wednesday, so it all happened yesterday and mid-term is today. It's kind of like a blind side, and that makes it even harder.
So, they had these group projects they've been working on for about 3 weeks, somewhere about a week in, he traded groups with someone. His group was to build a trebuchet, in class they worked on all the dimensions, weight distribution, all the details. Then they had to build it. The lead of the group waited until the last minute, and Randy got a text Saturday evening that they were working on it, but it was right before basketball practice that he got it. Sunday he went hunting all day, sometime during the day, he got a text that they were working on it again, but he wasn't home, not even really in the area, so he missed that one also. When I checked his grades online yesterday, he had 100 out of 100 for the trebuchet, but she obviously found out that he wasn't there those 2 days, and she changed his grade to a 5. Okay, he's not blameless, he should have told his dad on Sunday so he could come back and work on it. I wouldn't have made him or expected him to miss basketball practice on Saturday. But, he did do all the work in class, and she told him she wasn't giving points for work done in class, even though some of the groups projects were done completely in class. Then he had to do a presentation yesterday on medieval art (did I mention this is an English class?), she's already upset with him about the group project, so she failed his presentation, even though a lot of the kids complimented him on it. Also, she never said anything to him about the trebuchet, just changed his grade. The AD and superintendent asked him if he did his presentation just as he was leaving for the Dr. told him he was "borderline". When he got back to school he went in to talk with the teacher about it and she told him all of this. Too late to do anything about it, and of course, she won't work with him. He visited with the principal and they figured if he would have even gotten a 25 on the group project he would have a D and be eligible. Ok, I understand not giving him a 100, but he should get credit for the work he did in class the previous 3 weeks, and that should be at least a 50 in my opinion.

I am incredibly proud of my husband and how he dealt with it, and I don't think I've been able to say that often, if ever. So, that was a positive in all of this.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics