Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

Good Monday morning ladies!
Pam, good for you (un, I mean Georgie)on the China project. I don't blame you a bit, Brandon is always supposed to get modified projects too, and sometimes they don't do it. You gotta do what you gotta do.
Sorry about the hassle with your MIL Mandy. I hope you can somehow make it to the Christmas party. And what a fun Melia had!

Shopping? Are we supposed to be shopping? Huh... Actually, we are better than we ever have been. Got B's big gift and one small. One small for Randy. It's not much, but it's more than we normally have at this point. Still don't really know what to do for Randy.

Had an okay weekend. Randy had ACT test and then a game, so we didn't see him on Saturday. The rest of us went and picked up a b-day gift for our nephew, got Clinton a couple of b-day gifts and got some groceries. Sunday Randy spent about 3 1/2 hours in the morning working on his 10 page paper for our favorite class. I am very worried about this project, he has to pass it, it's very difficult. He isn't great at writing. It's not a great paper. I do think it's the best he's capable of at this point, but who knows what she'll do? So stressed around here. And now he's got a cold on top of the headaches and the stresses.
Had a co birthday party for our nephew who turns 2 tomorrow and Clinton who's birthday is today. It's nice to get together with everyone. Kind of crazy though because there are now tons of little kids, ours are the oldest, Randy by 6 1/2 years and then Brandon. All those little kids are a handful when they are all together.

Just one kid today, the other is sick. I need to go to the post office and get our mail and figure out how to get some new keys. Brandon has lost both of our keys in the last couple of months. We've had them for 13 years and he loses them in 3 months! And we only live across the street from the post office. Not looking forward to that, our post master isn't really friendly.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

I couldn't have turned the page already, could I?

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

guess so!

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to MandeeB

Good morning, its so cold here, but not as cold as Pam was describing. We are 38 degrees. Brrrrr. I am not a winter person at all.
Lynn wish Clinton a HB. Hope Randy does well on his paper. Brandon and Austin had the ACT's this weekend. Brandon Im sure did great. Austin said he ran out of time in some areas. At least he still has the opportunity to retake if its not a good score. This is Brandon's second time taking it. He scored a 31 last time, and is now shooting for 34 or higher. Not sure what the top score is in that, but Cal Tech wants at least a 34.
Mandy, Sorry about you MIL. Hopefully things will go smoothly and you will get to go to the WM party. Glad Melia had a good time.

Val im so happy that the little gift I made can still bring joy to your girls. Makes my heart warm and puts a smile on my face.

Way to go Debbieb on your test. Keep it up. And sorry you have to get up and go into work. I know come the first of the yr I HAVE to get a job

No shopping here at all, well except the 3 tiny gifts I've gotten for random people. Nothing for my family yet. Our family tree isn't even done. Only one lonely ornament on it, The new Tardis (Dr Who) that I got the kids this yr. I just can't get into the spirit. Anyone want to spread some this way? Fatbraintoys, never heard of it before.

Guess whats for dinner.........Yep going to try that recipe. Thanks for sharing

Congrats to all of you who have lost weight.
Coco must be so fun to watch. Bandit stays away from all our things. The only thing he ever really got into was when he was a pup and he chewed up a first edition Harry Potter. Later we found out it was worth $10,000 mint condition.
I know I've missed a lot of whats going on. Sorry. I am going to try to be better at getting on.
Talk soon. gotta go find something warm to put on. Im FREEZING!!!!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to BridgetL

Can I just scream....the Vera Bag I purchased ytdy JUST went on sale today.....Aggghhhhh...but I did get an extra 20% off yesterday as well as 20% off everything else I bought - so it is "close" to a wash.

Watching Great Expectations and wrapping presents. Got my hair cut this morning - bought a discount card for Great Clips (yeah, I go there and not a salon - I fought it for years, but honestly - as short as my hair is - it works....)

G touched the elf yesterday - actually she moved it, took her skirt off and tossed it in the trash,messed up the lipstick writing on the mirror....and when you touch the elf it loses it's magic. but I heard her in there after she got busted apologizing to Lily (kinda sweet) so instead of Lily losing her magic for a night - Santa is giving Shannon a second chance - lily and santa left her note letting her know she had a second chance - G then took a posted note and wrote thank you and put it on that note....I was ready for Lily to not come back - but started feeling guilty - this is supposed to be fun.

G is so impulsive and I need to figure this out.....

sorry about your MIL
yay for ACT tests
Praying Randy gets through this assignment
yay for new recipes

ok - back to wrapping - BBL

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

OOO wrapping, I was just going to tell you to come wrap my stuff but DH has the day off and is bugging me like crazy b/c he's bored (I'm trying to work) next time he comes down I'm going to get him busy wrapping.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to uoduck

make it worth his while - LOL

Edited by pammie~k on 12-10-12 09:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to uoduck

We are off to the store (ugh!) must get glue, cinnamon flavoring, and Melia some black jeans for a program at school. I'm so fed up with some of her teachers...this music teacher (1 quarter elective) has taught them one...yes 1! only one song the whole quarter (she is Dr. of music and makes the students address her as such) However Melia has been doing a research project on 3 Latin American countries for the whole quarter...ugh! (this is the class she got into so much trouble with me in) But I wrote the district our intent to home school letter today and mailed it. I'll get a letter to her teachers via email this week and ask for a list of things she must check in. I'll also get a letter to the office with a request for her records, so I have them....

Wrapping and haircuts are so needed in the house! I hate to wrap until we hear about Texas (2nd interview tomorrow)

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

No wrapping here, need to get tape.
Bummer for G touching the elf. Hopefully she doesn't do it again.

It's snowing like crazy here right now, we got snow over the weekend, a couple of inches on Saturday, if it keeps going like this, we'll have a couple more. mid 20's today. It was 4 degrees yesterday morning when we got up.

Randy came home sick, I figured he would, I made him go for our favorite class, which is 2nd period and then he came home. He's going to take a nap and then work on the paper, important parts are due tomorrow, but the whole thing isn't due until next Monday. I would like for him to get it done and have her proof it with him. He said she was very nice to him today, asked how things were going. Also added in another easy assignment to have more grades to count at quarter, so I guess at this point, I can't complain too much about her. Besides, I've done enough of that, right!
Since he's home, I'm going to go to the PO at nap and leave my little one here. Also want to run to the store real quick, so it works out good.
Going to make Clinton a lemon meringue pie for his birthday. He has a school board meeting tonight so we won't have a great big dinner, but I still want to make a nice dinner for him.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

Mandy, I give you so much credit for homeschooling, I don't think I would have the discipline to do it. My kids are so social, they would both be very unhappy without that part of school. Not to mention sports, because we just mostly have the school sports around here, no city leagues or anything. But, I always admire homeschooling families.

debbie*b
Guru
debbie*b
In response to LynnK1

Mandy - I think I missed that post....why did you switch and homeschooling Melia?

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to debbie*b

Debbieb...she's been dealing with tons of drama, but the thing that iced the cake was that we caught her instant messaging and using words we didn't even know she knew (well we knew, but we don't talk like that here) and she even knew how to spell them correctly. When confronted...she lied through her teeth to us. Just time to bring her home and teach her our values as well as normal school stuff. We've done it before with her (to get her up to grade for her age) and I home schooled all the big boys for about 8 years. Tatum and Kerry both have high school diploma's from an online public school in KS. I think she'll go back in HS...but she will know exactly who she is and hopefully not be so influenced by others. We will join a HS association to do extra activities, sports and science things. and for socialization (however, we all know she doesn't need help with that...lol!)

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to MandeeB

www.fatbraintoys.com has an actual store here in Omaha. They are absolutely the best. It use to be online only. I really, really love them.

I am trying to figure out if I want to buy T a new ipod touch or 3ds....I'm thinking maybe the ipod touch. He is so hard right now because he wants to be like his big brother. And, he needs to remember he is not a teenager. I just bought some robotic hex bugs that I think will be wonderful.

I could never homeschool either. Although i was going to with T if I didn't get in the school I wanted for Kindergarten.

31 on the ACT....very impressive. Did he take a class?! A took the ACT on Saturday, too. I am hoping for just an improved score. He did up it 2 points the last time. Crossing my fingers.

Lemon meringue pie...YUM!!! Happy Birthday to your DH.

Hope Randy starts feeling better and that his project goes well.

Uh oh on Lily!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to ScrappinHusker

Hi all - checking in quick. YAy for getting all your ducks in a row for Melia. We have a strong homeschooling presence at church. And there are a lot of socialization and other opportunities in out community. She will thrive. And praying for a great second interview (phone or onsite?)

Hope Randy starts feeling better and glad she is acting a bit more human these days. Will have to check out that online store Debbie.

Happy birthday to Clinton - enjoy the pie!

Still wrapping - just taking a break - I have way too much here - but need to get it done so we can mail it all out....

ok - back to work - BBL

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Yes, a 31 is extremely impressive. Randy would certainly not be retaking it with that score. He got a 17 last time, hoping for a 21. Most of the schools he's looking at just need 18, so that must be some kind of college he's looking at!

Lemon Meringue pie, done. Working on Stromboli for dinner. Randy's paper, almost completely done. He spent about 3 hours on it this afternoon, letting him have a break and play some Ps3 and that is really upsetting Brandon because I have a rule that they can't play if they come home sick. I know it's frustrating, but I'm making an exception because I do feel like Randy really deserves a break.
Alright, I better get to dinner or it won't be ready before the meeting. See you all tomorrow

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

i think there may be some chirpin' in my house tomorrow. I want to make some tags and am overwhelmed with all of the great ideas on pinterest - then realized I can at least get the bases cut using my E - I have Tags Bags,Boxes AND I have Very Merry Tags. Might as well put them to use (or course that means I need to clean my craft table again)

Wathcing Home Alone (not sure which one) and Georgie is having one belly laugh after another - so cool. Dave just got home from a dinner - and is up reviewing a paper for Shannon that she wants him to look at - due midnight her time tonight - can she spell procrastinate......

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

It came on here just as it was time for the girls to go to bed. The bear was bummed so going to have to find it again.

debbie*b
Guru
debbie*b
In response to uoduck

Mandy - good for you. I am sure you will get her straight.

Lynn - How was the pie.

Pam - very funny about Lily...I didn't realize you couldn't touch her. Way to go on the tags, last year I made face ones, digitally...they turned out great.

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to debbie*b

Good Morning...I'm the first one on here today?! Wow

Headed to work...we are all gone today. Todd has the 2nd interview today. Praying all day without ceasing. Most of my old team mates will be moved or all boxed up to move today. I think the new team moves on Friday to our area...such a transition.

I don't even think my E cuts anymore...lol! I wish I would have bought those two carts when they were available...they are ones I would have used a lot I think.

Have a great day everyone!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

Good morning ladies!
I will keep you all in my prayers that the interview goes well and ends the way it should, Mandy.

The wind is absolutely howling today, it's nasty.
Randy had morning practice, never fun to get up for that, especially when it's so cold. Brandon's school program is tonight.
Gonna make some soup and homemade rolls, I think my in-laws are coming for the program.

I still need to load pse11, not sure why I haven't done that yet. Also need to unload the pics from my camera, they're still there from dodgeball. Also need to make raffle tickets for the senior parents, we are raffling off a half a beef processed and some other great prizes, starting it Friday, so I need to get the tickets done so Clinton can print them, then cut and staple.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics