Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to ScrappinHusker

With G home, so much for zumba this morning - but I DID get out of the PTO meeting - LOL.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

did you turn the page, Pam?

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker

Sorry about Zumba...but, way to look on the bright side about PTO. LOL

I'm off to the symphony preschool field trip! Later, friends!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1

Good morning ladies!

Debbie, those look pretty interesting. I would really love to see a few complete- because I'm a little confused by all the choices.

Here are a few things I like, first it's fairly new, there aren't tons of consultants running around. When I sold SU! at one point we had 4 demonstrators in town. And it's a tiny town! And the weird thing was none of us was connected to each other, we hadn't recruited each other. Weird. Second- it's affordable, like you said. Which in this economy-is a big deal. Third, I love that it was founded by a teenager-I really admire that! Also the fact that they are limiting the number of consultants for now is helpful. The start up cost isn't astronomical (I didn't look at the kits).
Here are the downsides from what I see: it's geared only towards women (that's a plus and a minus)and it's not something that will benefit our family. Again in this economy I find myself passing on things I can't justify for the family or house. (On the other hand how affordable these items are helps that). Is it a fad? Does it have lasting power? And really, do you care if it does or are you just looking for some short term money- because it should sell like hotcakes at least for awhile.

Not sure about the commission?

Well, that's just my 2 cents, not sure it's even worth that! That being said, I would be interested myself-after I see some though-cuz I'm still confused!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

really good points Lynn

Edited by pammie~k on 02-06-13 08:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to KarenJG

Hi ladies
Sorry Mia again lots of personal drama in my life. Wish I could reach out and get a hug from all of u. But anyway today seems to be a good one so far, knock on wood.
Debbie I say go for it. I would try to be a customer.
Pam glad G is better. Sorry about Zumba.
Debbieb are u sitting somewhere on the yet with a tropical drink?
Mandy I think it's great u are so close to family now.
Karen yay for snow days and getting caught up.
Lynn hope randy continues to get lots of play time.
Aprile, Val, Amy hope all is well.
Going to be a beautiful day here. I should go shave my legs and put some shorts on and go get some sun lol. Tmi sorry.

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to BridgetL

Debbie - I would buy one for my mom for Mother's day! She'd like the charms of the little kids with birthstones. Do they lay side-by-side or do they move all around inside the locket? Would they fall on top of each other? Just curious. What charms do you have in yours? I would get the camera for mine for sure. I think they are neat!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123
In response to AMYabc123

I'm feeling better today, but the chest congestion is bad. I'm making homemade chicken soup, so hopefully that will help. I also got Paul to pick up some essential oils to try some aromatherapy. :). I'm desperate! I do think Kate can finally return to school tomorrow. She has been fever free today. Thank goodness!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to AMYabc123

very good points, Lynn. I think for now it would be just some extra income to help with college bills...or some fun money. You make a great commission off of the charms. They are 50%.

Amy~~the charms do move around inside. I guess it adds to the whimsical qualities. I have 4 inside my large locket. I have a camera, cross, an owl and a heart with the word family. I will take a picture & post it for you. My frustration is the plate moves around inside mine. And, so the words "love life" are sometimes helter skelter.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1

Ok. I'm starting to get a mental picture now, and I like it! I would still love to see a picture! And 50% is awesome! If it were me, I would do it, and start by holding your own show or book party in which we could all order something from you if we wanted! lol! That way you could make some money AND build up your inventory or whatever you use to show!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to LynnK1

So, I just looked at the kits, which I should have done before, it looks like for the most part you need to have inventory for people to build their jewelry right there and take it home, is that right? That's very interesting, from a customer stand point, I LOVE that, instant gratification! From a "designer" stand point, not so sure because you have to anticipate what people would buy and invest the money into it. However, holding a book party to start off with would help that because you wouldn't use up the inventory you have on hand and then you can build more using whatever you get as a hostess- or is it that kind of business?

Anyways, I think I like the whole locket idea! Very cool!

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to LynnK1

I uploaded my locket.

And, the gal who did the party that I went to...happened to work very hard to get one of almost everything. So, you could put your wish list together. And, then she would build it for you so you could see if you liked it or if you wanted to change anything.

I then paid for my order and did not receive it till about 2 weeks later. This was @ Christmas time so I don't know if it happened to be a longer wait just because of the Holiday. And, she packaged it up and it comes in this cute little box already to wear!

AMYabc123
Expert
AMYabc123

Debbie - I really like it. What color is yours? Copper? Do you have to get a plate? I love the cross! I'm definitely in and will get one for my mom. Once I see that one, I'll probably get one for myself! If I wear one and show it to my MOPS friends, I could have a catalog show for you. See? Easy peasy! If you give a mouse a cookie . .

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to AMYabc123

just think of how many catalog shows you can do - right from here! count me in

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

so your gal had a sample of everything but didn't sell it right there, but at least you got to actually see it - which makes sense unless you had a huge inventory of multiples...

I wouldn't mind waiting a few weeks....

and I would probably want to order one for myself as a sample before I had a catalog show....

G is finally sleeping - she would not sleep all day = she had meds at 10 but nothing since...does not feel warm - keep your fingers crossed - I really hate going out of town when she is sick - even though I am only 1.5 hours away...and the last thing I want is for the school to call - cause I dont know what I would do then....

been finishing up an online class (brave girl art school) working on a vision board (for one little word) and the art journey caravan just arrived in FRANCE! woohoo! so much to do and no time to do it - lol

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

we just made the decision to modify our plans.

I am sending Dave to the conference and I am staying home. while not running a fever (yet) she is starting to look puny, cheeks are rosy and she is acting funky. Dave wanted me to go - I wanted him to go. (I always win - LOL) Actually Dave is the Chair of the CSDSA Board and also sits on our Special Ed Accountability Council in our district - so it makes more sense for him to go from a visibility standpoint- though he is going with marching orders on certain sessions.

And i told him that from a Moms perspective - if she is sick, I want to care for her.

So, I am bummed. But that gives me a little more computer time over the next couple of days...LOL

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to pammie~k

I'm so sorry about your conference change of plans, Pam. But, I would be the same way. I think it is a good plan.

You guys are the best. I guess I need to get my rear in gear and sign up, huh! I took a close up picture of my locket. Amazing the fingerprints on it when you take a picture that you don't see in real life.

Amy~~mine is a sterling silver locket/chain. And, then I put a gold plate in the back. You do not need to put the plate in the back but, she said it did help them stay in place better. And, not on top of each other. And, I would agree that most of the time, the charms are not on top of each other. But, it will occasionally happen.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k

ok - I gotta ask - why the owl....the other trinkets....charms I get. Are you into owls?

Oh my I just realized I am a total slacker on BD cards. Sorry friends...

uoduck
uoduck 
Queen
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

hi I'm home, very long exhausting day and still need to shine up the house as I'm having a thirty one party tomorrow night and will be in meetings all day again tomorrow.

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to pammie~k

I do Love Owls! I have heard one hooting outside our house when we moved here and I think I have loved them since. I have a few owl shirts that I got last year for Christmas. And, my family calls me a Night Owl. Oh, and I chat with the Night Owls on here, too!

One Sunday evening when I was leaving the old preschool I worked at there was an Owl on the steeple! It was soooo incredibly cool!!! Last year when the Snow Owls made an appearance here in Nebraska...I searched high and low to see one. I missed out!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics