Username Post: P365 chat        (Topic#1546241)
pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

so sorry about jack - hate it when my kids are sick...

oh and someone earlier asked about shannon - she said her leg is hurting a lot less and swelling going down - so her plan is to go to the clinic on monday and have them check it - they did tell her that either way she will need PT - she pointed out to them that she walks a bit off - and they said that causes problems and might be why she falls a lot - LOL - mmmm - Ive been telling her since her accident when she was in PT then that she was walking with an awkward gate - and that if she focused on how she walked all the time - in 21 days her body would have developed a new habit....but do you think she listens to me (or her previous PT)

praying for T - whats the scholarship about?

so here is my recent bugaboo with the principal - the last few weeks the kids could wear something "funky" to school - like mismatched socks - or bring in a pillow...just had to pay a $1. We were told it was to support the upcoming district auction - we were led to believe it was for the game basket that our school was contributing to the event. Turns out it was to raise funds for 3 teachers to go. Not that I mind that - but the principal made the decision to do this, told the PTO president we were doing it, put the PTO name on it and orchestrated the whole thing. (Keep in mind that at the january PTO meeting I asked specifically if we were going to be asked as we have in the past to sponsor teachers as our current funding is low and was told (by the principal I think) that we weren't doing it this year, they were pursuing other funding for this. I'm pretty sure it was the office staff that told me the $ was for the basket. They may not have known for sure either. And then to top it off - she collected the money and went ahead and paid for the silent auction tickets for the teachers without moving it through the PTO account. All of this is so wrong. With all of that said, she has done some really good things at the school - but in my opinion, she manipulates things and people to get what she wants (i call it bullying) and wants the PTO funds to be used for what she wants - and she has one vote on the PTO like everyone else- and that may not necessarily be what the PTO as a whole wants.

Did any of that make sense. ok - I have vented....

Gee - if I put all of that into separate posts - we would be on page 1000

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

hello

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to pammie~k

wow - I turned us onto page 987 988, 989 and 990 - I need a life

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Another long exhausting day but it's over. Have a doc appointment in the morning and should work after that as I have a ton to get done but I think I need a day off

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to uoduck

Val...it's so nice to hear you need a day off...so thankful for your job. Have a blessed day!

Pam..how frustrating! Glad Shannon has a clinic to go to for things. Good for you on a vision board.

Amy...prayers for Jack..sand for your other boy child...they are so wimpy sometimes.

Lynn...how was senior night? I found a bunch of paper for's Taylor's album that is already done.

Debbie...i have some running paper would you like it for A's album?

Not much on the plan for today...Melia school and Braeden started coughing yesterday, so probably some rocking and watching movies

ScrappinHusker
Governor
ScrappinHusker
In response to uoduck

Good morning!

I slept wrong last night...ugh! My neck hurts so bad. And, of course, I get my hair high lighted this afternoon! I'm not sure how I am going to make it today.

Take it easy, Val. I think you should take the day off!! How was your party last night?

T's school has a scholarship for seniors that A applied for. I'm sure he won't win it but you never know.

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to ScrappinHusker

GOOD MORNING

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to pammie~k

Good Morning

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

Good morning Ladies!
You were busy talkers last night! I love that!
Pam, I would be very frustrated by the manipulation as well, I don't take to that kind of stuff to well. And I hate when people get on a power trip!
Love how much you seem to be enjoying your art classes and projects. Wish I had some kind of motivation. Maybe after basketball is over?

Mandy, I was thinking about you guys the other day, wondering how Melia is taking to homeschooling again after being in public school? Does she really miss the social side of it?

Val, hope you get to take the day off!

Debbie, good luck with your school issues, too!

Thanks for all the well wishes for senior night. It was, I don't know exactly what it was. We knew those 3 seniors wouldn't start, but they also barely got to play, just a few minutes each, and 2 of those boys have played pretty significantly in all the other games (except when Randy couldn't of course), so I just don't know what to think right now. Very frustrating. Not to mention, we nearly blew a 19 point lead without those boys playing, we won by 3. I don't know...

Moving on... have a great day!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

that is so odd on how he played the boys in bball...wonder what he is thinking...but as you said, moving on.....

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

Well, shoot. Something is wrong with my gypsy, the light is on but the screen is blank! I have no idea what to do about it...

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

• LynnK1 Said:
Well, shoot. Something is wrong with my gypsy, the light is on but the screen is blank! I have no idea what to do about it...

Cheryl (a night owl from Australia) knows a lot of about gypsy's I can hook you two up through PM, she might be able to help.

BridgetL
Pro
BridgetL
In response to uoduck

Hi all,
wishing those that are sick recover quickly.

I have a question, do you ever feel quilty when you delete a picture you took? I was going thru my files and dumped a lot of pics and I started getting a awful feeling.

Can't wait to see your project Pam sorry about what is going on at your school

Going again next week to wine and canvas. Its their 1 yr anniversary here in town. Boy I wish I knew about this long ago.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to BridgetL

That would be great, Val. Though, let's wait until Monday for sure. I think I will let the battery die, charge it and try it again. I just used it not all that long ago.
I can't even get the cricut craft room to download in a reasonable amount of time. I'm kind of frustrated. Might just have to go old school cricut cuts!

Bridget, I never feel guilty if it's a useless picture. Sometimes I feel guilty if it's an okay picture or if it's of some of the other kids or whatever. Since the AD asked me to take pictures of the games, I have a lot of pics of the other kids, that I just don't need. Not only have I passed a lot of them on to the school, but have also shared with their parents. I just don't need all those pictures!

pammie~k
Idol
pammie~k
In response to LynnK1

Cricut - whats a Cricut
Gypsy - what's a Gypsy

Oh wait - those paperweights??? Got it!

I do feel guilty - I know I shouldn't but I do. I still have all of the yearbook pics and VBS pics from previous years on my harddrive - time to let them go....

Yay for another wine cand canvas night

I have a hard time tossing anything. Or for that matter using anything. Like Pretty Paper. Or like Scentsy fragrances - I know it sounds silly - why do I feel the need to save instead of us. Now a box of chocolates - no probably using that at all.

speaking of which - went to WW this morning - up 3.6 from he last time I went - which was a while ago - hope I am back on track - 18 lbs from goal - I can do this!

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to pammie~k

I think I'm stuck, unless I can get my gypsy to work. went searching the cricut mb, turns out lots of people have problems getting the craft room to load, and not only that, if a cartridge is already linked to the gypsy, you can't use it in craftroom. WTHECK????????

uoduck
uoduck 
Angel
uoduck
In response to LynnK1

I'll get you together Lynn, she had issues too. I don't think she is up yet (it's tomorrow there) but she's good at replying so sure she will when she gets up which should be soon.

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to uoduck

Thanks, Val!

MandeeB
Pro
MandeeB
In response to LynnK1

I've been making cards and watching Eclipse...great afternoon.

Lynn...sorry about the game. Melia it's doing good. At age 11 leaving friends is hard. We let her I'm with out phones and still check her email. She meet a fork at church on Sunday and they exchanged phone numbers. It is different here...we are going to a very large church that is related to a very big ministry so people come from ASL over the DFW area. I'll start looking for home school groups in the area and that always is good too. She just told me she didn't feel like we had done any school at all this week...but we've only missed 3 lessons in all if her subjects combined...

LynnK1
LynnK1 
Idol
LynnK1
In response to MandeeB

My kids love the social part of school, even though neither of them really care for school itself! I would be a terrible homeschool mom, and they would be terrible students, but I admit, we've thought about it more than once! The problems with the teachers who never believe themselves to be wrong and the admins that stand behind them even when they know it's wrong, is a real problem for me.

On the other hand, one of Randy's teachers allowed him to redo some stuff today and took his failing grade back to a C. They aren't all bad, even though he doesn't particularly love this teacher, and I think the feeling is mutual, she still let him. I'm impressed by that. I realize that Randy is a big part of Randy's problems, he's totally over school right now! Just needs to hold on for 3 more months!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics