Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: VCW Week 192 - It's Fall Ya'll!        (Topic#1546399)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 11-05-10 06:13 AM

What is this thread about?

Once upon a time, things got quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular," but we're always open to newcomers. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself
Here
This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to VCW

TGIF!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to TripletMother

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to BlingQueenRia

TGIF!
I guess I typed too slow, lol, so here is what I just typed up in the old thread!

Hi Ladies, sorry have been MIA for a few been busy trying to get some scrapping, or more planning actually for these albums I am making for Cmas, still haven't figured out my plan for cards, which i really need to decide on so I can shop for those. Spent the day yesterday with my mom, going through old pics for my sis' book. Very frustrating for both trying to remember dates, lol. Old minds. Anyway, we decided after much frustration that we would take each other for lunch at Olive Garden for our birthdays, mine was Oct. 4th and hers was Oct. 29th but this was the first chance we had had to get together, then we did a bit of shopping, since mom & I don't have what you would call the "best" of relationships, it was a nice day.

Ok, to catch up a bit!

Jennie - I know this is a bit late but, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt I pray for a safe journey.

Heather - glad to hear you're able to scrap a bit so soon after surgery. Hope recovery continues to go smoothly. And too cool about your day with your mom and gotta love the eggplant toenails.

Jane - So cool you won the contest. Glad there were some things in there you liked.

Joy - Sorry the original eye appointment didn't work out, but I pray the contact lens thing will help for now til they come up with something better.

Liz - Yay for getting a dog!

Elizabeth - I wish I could come scrap with you, it sounds like fun! But prolly too far for me and that would mean $$ issues.

Ria - Lizzie & Max are too cute in that pic, cute about the name you told her his Mommy called him, lol, and soooo happy you are getting a weekend with Jory!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-05-10 07:11 AM
In response to Scrap Chica

Morning everyone! I'm heading out to run errands for the office so at least I'll get out for a while. The bad thing is that it has been raining on and off all morning so I may get wet! I am here alone today though so it is pretty boring. I brought my laptop and am playing with the trial version of SCAL...it's pretty cool and I'm thinking of buying it! Does anyone here have it?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to LeeLo

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to NMlady

Happy Friday!!!

I woke up with a bit of a sore throat and now my heads starting to hurt. I took some tylenol so now I'm all good.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to krishunter

Happy Friday....or it will be in about 3 hours for me. Need to get through the memorial service and then I can drink beer and veg....until tomorrow when I get to go to Nikon School!

How cooincidental that the class is being held in the same shopping center as Archivers!!!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Micayla's project for school.

She had to disguise Tom (Tammy) the turkey so he won't be eaten for Thanksgiving. She asked what she could do and I suggested using the Cricut. She ran with it and picked the ballerina outfit and then wanted to add wings. It was all done with the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.

Micayla's Turkey By Foltzy

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to foltzy

Great job Micayla!!! What do you mean turkey? I don't see a turkey! Only a beautiful ballerina

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to foltzy

Liz, tell her that is the cutest turkey I've ever seen!

TripletMother
Governor
TripletMother
In response to NMlady

I ditto what Joy said!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 11-05-10 06:27 PM
In response to TripletMother

Elizabeth, have fun at your class...and at Archivers! I've never been to an Archivers...I don't think there is one near me.

Kris, I hope you get to feeling better!

Liz, I love Micayla's "turkey"!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

Morning gals! Got Jory here. Got him yesterday after lunch and will keep him till late tomorrow afternoon.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica
In response to LeeLo

Morning Ladies, I am up bright and early because I have to leave in a few to go help Steph set up Vi's first Bday party, can you believe it has been a year! OMG, I can't. The Walt and I are running away for the night, so I will upload the cards and LO I have gotten to work on Sunday so that you can tell me what you think:)

<b>I still would like to know if anyone can help me with my font on here, I dont know why but it is showing up so small I can barely see it, I have looked everywhere on how to change it, and found nothing, can someone, anyone help with that, thanks!</b>

Elizabeth, have fun at your class, I have a Nikkon and would love to be able to afford a class! About Archivers,I too never been to an Archivers...I don't think there is one near me.

Kris, Get well wishes to you, my youngest ds is sick also

Liz, I love Micayla's "turkey" such a great job with the cricut!

DH says he is going to buy me one, he found a bundle which includes:
* One 24-inch Cricut Expression personal electronic cutter
* One YourStory bonus book binding and laminating machine
* Five bonus album covers for book binding
* One bonus Professional Metal Trimmer with four blades
* Straight blade, perforation blade, wavy blade and replacement straight blade
* Plantin SchoolBook font cartridge
* Accent Essentials shape cartridge
* Two keypad overlays
* Two cartridge handbooks
* 12x12-inch cutting mat
* Power adapter
* Quick Start Guide and user manual
* Instructional DVD
For $293.99 on overstock.com, can you ladies tell me if you think this is a good deal, I have never had or worked on a cricut before nor the laminator/binder machine either.

Scrap Chica
Idol
Scrap Chica

So, glad for you Ria, i know you are having a blast

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thank you Laura. We have a full weekend planned. Thank goodness for the iPhone and I can peek in from wherever we are.

For your font, is it just this site or all of them? If it's all of them you can fix it in your browser's options, settings, or display options/settings depending on which browser you have. If it's just this one you should be able to adjust it in your forum control panel. I haven't been at a computer in six months so it's hard to remember.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to BlingQueenRia

Good morning!!!! Long time no see!!!!

Micayla, great job!!!!! What a darling turkey

Ria!! Very good news, super happy for ya hope your weekend is filled with tons of love

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Laura, a year!!!! Already!!!! Wow!!! I still remember your post about learning that you were going to be a grandma

Elizabeth, nikon class, that sounds exciting!! I have signed up twice for photography class Ann both times had to cancel. Maybe after the holidays. I sooooo need to learn all the settings in my camara.

Cracrop
Diva
Cracrop
In response to Cracrop

Twins!!!!!! Sending you both tons of hugs!!!

I miss you all sooooo much. My days are so busy is not fun. Yesterday I finished training two girls that will take over the lines. Then I will only need to do QC and release the lines. Hopefully my days at work will be better and I will be able to log here more often.

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics