Username Post: Scrappin' for two        (Topic#1546421)
maazgal_421723
New Kid On the Block
maazgal_421723

Hi!
I'm new to the site and just wondered if I could get some opinions/ideas on how people scrap for more than one child. When I just had my son I did one book for each year of his life mostly by month and mostly by holiday within that month. Now that my daughter is born I did a book for my pregnancy and her birth. Well now that we have Halloween pics I'm not sure how to scrap for both kids. Do I make identical pages for each of their books? Do I make only ONE scrapbook with both kids in it(but then my daughter won't have as many books as my son)? Or do I just start doing theme books w/both kids for each holiday etc?????
Help!!!
Thx.
Jessica

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to maazgal_421723

We just covered this ver topic a few days ago....

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15461...

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to ScrappyMama6

When I saw your subject line, I thought it was like "eating for two" and you were trying to convince your dh that now you had to buy scrappy stuff for too also

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

Welcome.

There have been many threads on this topic.
It depends. Short answer: do whatever makes you happy and works for you.

I don't have separate books for my kids. Trying to decide what to put in each album would be too much for me. This is my fun hobby.

The scrapbooks are basically our family photo albums. And THEY ARE MINE!
When I die, my kids can have them.

Meredith77
Pro
Meredith77

I think there was a similar thread going not too long ago....but anyway, I decided I would do an album for each child that was the first year, since that tends to be when we take the most pictures. Then, after that, it would all be just family scrapbooks. Scrapbooking takes so much time as it is. Doing an album for each child, and then family albums throughout their whole lives seems too hard to me!!
Just my opinion. Here's an article about that:
http://scrapbooking.families.com/blog/what-album-do-i- p...

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Meredith77

if they have shared holidays just make a holiday book for the year for both of them.

Expert
In response to Just G

Oooohhh--I like the Holiday book idea! That's when I tend to do the most LOs and the most duplicate LOs for my boys' books. I already do a separate family Christmas book, but I might have to expand it into a Holiday book starting in 2011. Thanks!

cnsarenee
Tenant
cnsarenee
In response to HuskerMom98

I have 3 girls, all have their own book. BUT I have about 3 scrapbooks that I call mine. They are of all the kids. When I die, they can seperate them as they wish

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to cnsarenee

I have 2 dds and have always done whatever I felt like doing without trying to make it exactly even..in other words sometimes I will do a bunch of Vicki layouts when she is a baby and then another time I will do mostly Roni layouts as a teen. I do Christmas in summer and Halloween in the spring or whatever. It all works out in the end. I feel more creative when I don't feel like I have to finish this book or do a layout for dd1 cuz I just did one for dd2. That said I did get on a Halloween kick once and did a whole album straight through..got sick of it at the end..same with our big South Africa vacation book...but those are the only times I did that.
Twice a year or so I re organize the albums and now each girl has several books each starting as babies on up til today. I have 3 Christmas books in chronological order. Someone looking at our albums would think I am more organized than I really am.

Edited by dollscrap on 11-05-10 04:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CroppinCabin
Resident
CroppinCabin
In response to dollscrap

I have 3 kids and they all get a book for each year. I usually have about 30-40 pages in each album, and some pages are identical... holidays, vacations, etc...., and others are specific to that child... sports, school play, etc... Reason I make 3: When my gandma passed away, I watched my aunts and uncles tear photos out of granny's albums... SO SAD, and I was too young to understand what they had done... I don't want to put my kids in a position to fight over something that holds so much time, love and memories.

Although I am making the books for my kids, they do not leave my home until I say so, or I die...LOL.... Reason... I want to be able to look at the books with my future grandbabies and share about life when their momma or daddy was a child... Also think my kids will appreciate them more if and when they become parents... (Although they are always very appreciative and excited when I complete an album...)

Sorry for rambling... it's still early and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet...

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4

Hi Jessica! Welcome! I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but often I will make three identical layouts for the boys if it's something they were all a part of...it's super easy, efficient, and I make one lo I love and share with all my guys.

maazgal_421723
New Kid On the Block
maazgal_421723
In response to ScrappinMom4

Thank you all so much. The other similar thread also really helped!

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 11-06-10 05:38 PM
In response to cnsarenee

imo, each kid get a 'baby' book, after that, it's the family book. which is mine. not theirs.

course, if i'm doing digi, then that will be easy enough.

it's all about what works best for you.

I've thought of a year in review type book, something that has 2-4 pages for each year for each kid, with the highlights...idk, will figure out that when the time comes.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

I make seperate albums for both me kids. BUT I am making one album about their dress up things they have at school. They have a re-occuring event every school year right before summer called Teachers Day. On that day they celebrate all birthdays of the teachers and make one big party. All kids can come dressed up as something. I tend to make something great of it every year. I didnt know quite how to scrap these as they usually in the pictures together. Until I recieved the DCWV Once Upon A Time album. I KNEW I had to put their pictures in that album. But ofcourse I wanted the 12x12 stack to go with it. It took me 2 years of hunting but I finally found it! Last school year's theme was Wizard and Witch. I found a matching boy and girl outfit that suited both the Wizard and a Witch. Just added different things for both of them. Me son looks a bit like Harry Potter so that link was quickly made at school! He was the bomb...as they say at school. And me daughter was a wicked witch. Her teacher loved it. Anyways..lol..for the rest I make them albums each. A girly album for her and a boyish album for him.

The main thing is tho, Do what works best for you. Do you intend to give the albums to them when they are adults? Or do you want to keep them for yourself as a rememberance? Me personally make them to give the albums to them when they are adults. There for, I make seperate albums.

Most importantly tho, Have fun making them.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to TheCharmedOne

i have a 2 year old and a 6 year old. they each have their own book. however recently i just combined a random scrapbook with both of em.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics