Username Post: Cardstock color....Help?        (Topic#1546675)
AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt

I'm in a search for a (please, don't get weirded out by this request) blood red. Yes blood red, dark, red with the darker red tones not the orange ones. There has been no other way to describe it. Bazzill Pomegranite is nice and all but not deep enough and the dots don't work well with what I am doing. Any ideas out there?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to AZscrapnquilt

How about this???

Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by CommaHolly on 11-10-10 01:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to CommaHolly

I love the Bazzill stack that Holly posted, but also, if you have a CM rep near you, the cranberry color is a great, rich shade of red.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Just a few colors,

lstory 
Mayor
In response to TheCharmedOne

Bazzill's Ruby Slipper is my favorite deep red. I don't know if it's got enough brown in it, though, to look like blood.

Lisa

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to lstory

Also kinda depends if she wants the fresh blood red or the semi dried blood red..lol..sorry..I love vampires and due to me anaemia, I research blood rofl

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Close to My Heart has a beautiful cranberry red, too.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to scrap4brains

Comma Holly - the Cajun Red I’ve seen it up close and personal, does not cut the mustard. Thank you much, much! Muchas, muchas gracia’s, Danke Sehr et Tres’ Merci!

Madmatter
– will contact my CM rep. Did not think of that one! Cranberry

TheCharmedOne – These are a little too orange except the phoenix and ruby slipper but the red gets a little lost on these. They are closer to a rust. I think the lss has almost every shade of Bazzill there is and there wasn’t. I looked at the site (do visit it is a neat site! http://bazzillbasics.com/) And I did not see anything

The darker shades of red that have the deep dark tone that leads to the dark brown hint of burgundy but still has the power to say RED! I’ve seen it once and I did not buy. NEVER GO WINDOW SHOPPING WITHOUT ENOUGH MONEY TO BUY...A SHOP WINDOW! True, true on fresh or dried and the color is for Valentines! It is a fresh blood, a true blood color anemic has a slight orange, I’ve seen mine the color I like!

Have you seen HBO’s ‘True Blood’? Eric is a gorgeous Vampire! Some of the humans are yummy too!

Istory – Lisa, thank you it is a yes, a pretty shade but yes not dark enough. Good call on that one!

Scrap4brains
– Marleen, A HUGE thank you! I will take a look at Close to My Heart – Cranberry Red now…Thank you again!

I promised my son I would use the banana as he was going to bed. there it is!

Thank You all for the suggestions! I am going to look at the other two suggested as well. Any one else have some blood red colored cardstock brand and color to share???

lstory 
Mayor

Maryann, I had to laugh at your son wanting the dancing banana. My daughter is always leaning over my shoulder while I'm typing, asking me to use one of the icons over the text box. I never do, poor thing...

Lisa

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to lstory

Michaels Recollections brand has a nice dark blood red cardstock that is a shimmer cardstock. Its in the Gemstone paper packs. Its a little lighter weight (65lb), but its a really nice red shimmer cardstock. You could also check out some of the reds that Stampin Up has. I'm sure there's a demo in your area.

AZscrapnquilt
Expert
AZscrapnquilt
In response to cat_woman

Okay, Here is the only thing that has come close. Bazzill Red Hot - Orasnge Peel texture by Bazzill, Coordinations - Scarlet. I'm probably never going to find it but these come close. STILL SEARCHING!!!

Still waiting on a call back from the CM person and I'm working on tracking down the other colors suggested. I'm one of those who has to see it and touch it. The stuff I saw was at least a 70 lb weight and it is looking like this is going to be one of those 'unicorn' things, a mythological creature rumored of but never seen...but I did see it and I know it exsists(the red cardstock not the unicorn)!

keep me posted and I will do the same!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

We are getting True Blood thru Fox and SyFy I believe. I see it every now n then when I'm at me parents as they have the digi box. I am still not sure what to think of the show tho but I have seen some gorgeous guys lol It's different from all the vampire shows I've seen so far. I know what kind of color you mean tho and yes, the colors on a pc screen are usually off. They can look good on mine and wrong on someone elses and vise versa. All depends how someone has their screen set up to be. I am not sure if CreaMotion is there aswell but they have some good colors aswell. Its a dutch brand tho...

Its a pain innit when ya look for something that you know excists cause ya seen it before and you cant find it again....

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

good luck in your quest

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics