Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: what kind of scissors do you use?        (Topic#1546789)
jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo

I am asking because I think I want some more....I use just a pair of reg. lg scissors and a pair of school scissors that are both used just for scrapping.....but they just don't seem to be cutting it, lol, seriously!! I feel I can't cut smaller objects acuratley with either

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to jennaroo

I use fiskars 5" micro-tip soft grip scissors. They have skinny handles instead of rings to put your fingers in (so your fingers don't get sore)and the blades are really pointy and easy to get in small places.
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to jennaroo

• jennaroo Said:
I am asking because I think I want some more....I use just a pair of reg. lg scissors and a pair of school scissors that are both used just for scrapping.....but they just don't seem to be cutting it, lol, seriously!! I feel I can't cut smaller objects acuratley with either

I have had my fiskars scissors since 2002--work great for hand cutting. I also have honeybees, which I use when cutting sticky things. Highly recommend them both.
Honey Bee Scissors (Discontinued)

Edited by scrapperbee on 11-11-10 02:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to scrapperbee

Fiskars all the way

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to Ms Jackie

I have several pairs of the CM Congratulations scissors and I use the heck out of them. I also like Fiskars too and Colorbees.

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to Scrapsaholic

Cutter Bee, Tim Holtz then CM. In that order.

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to Scrapsaholic

I use Tim Holtz and Fiskars. They are my go to's for each project.

Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Non-Stick Micro Serrated Scissors

Fiskars Softouch 5 Inch Micro-Tip Scissors

Freedom and Peace
New Kid On the Block
Freedom and Peace
In response to jennaroo

Cutterbee

forevervampress
Queen
forevervampress
In response to Freedom and Peace

I use the Tim Holtz Tonic Studios Scissors! They cut through almost anything and I don't have to keep switching scissors when I'm working with different materials.

ScrappinMom4
Guru
ScrappinMom4
In response to forevervampress

CM scissors, two pairs, that I have had for years...still sharp and accurate. I will say I had no idea how many kinds of scissors were available until I read the responses to your question.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to ScrappinMom4

My scissors are nothing special, but they are ridiculously large. I've got two pair like this, no idea what brand. I also have a pair of small scissors that came with my cricut accessory pack for my small cutting needs.

lisymarie
Expert
lisymarie
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Cutterbees, Honeybees (for sticky), and the ones that come in the Cricut tool set

YesterdaysEcho
Idol
YesterdaysEcho
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

Cutterbees! I love them- nonstick and they cut so easily. I used to have the 3 piece set by Provo craft (the one they have in Michael's, used to have purple handles) and I can't stand to use them.
Honey Bee Scissors (Discontinued)

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to YesterdaysEcho

I have the Tim HOltz ones but I actually just use a set of 3 sizes of scissors I bought from the sewing dept of my local grocery store

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to jennaroo

I use scissors similar to these. The MM one looks a lot like the Husqvarna scissor that I have and use ALL the time. The EK one is great for very tiny detailing like you'd have with 3D cutting. It takes a lil practise for those who arent used to these kind of scissors but since I use tweezers like these at work, I find them handy

jennaroo
Idol
jennaroo
In response to TheCharmedOne

Thanks ladies, this helpe me narrow things down alot!

sunrenay
Guru
sunrenay
In response to jennaroo

I just bought the TH pair. A girl at my LSS said she's even used them to cut the backs off buttons. She let me use hers before I bought them and they still did a great job.

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to sunrenay

I love my Cutterbees. I also have a pair of the CM scissors that I have had for years and they are still really sharp.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to scrapinsmiles

For detailed cuts I use cutterbees. For everyday cutting I use fiskars. I have a pink pair for fabric, a green pair for paper, a purple pair for sticky stuff. I just bought a dozen fiskars pairs for my classroom too. I have pink, green, purple, and 3 pairs of leftys for my lefty kids.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to jennaroo

I use a regular large pair of scissors occasionally, but I mostly use my Fiskars spring-loaded soft grip! Love it!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics