Username Post: Stamping, Copics & Scrapbooking        (Topic#1547081)
The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

I'm getting ready to invest in a set of Copics. I love my stamps...and I love the idea of the way Copics work.

The thing is, I don't make cards....just not interested...took a year of classes once a month, but it just didn't turn me on.

For me, if I am going to put that much time and energy into making something so beautiful, I want to use it in my albums to KEEP.

Can you show me some examples of how you use Stamping with Copics in your layouts....and do the images last...or do I need to heat set or something for longevity?

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to The Biscuit Scraps

If you go to Copics website ... http://copicmarker.com they have all kinds of tips and tricks... hope that helps

Karen3066
Idol
Karen3066
In response to Karen3066

Daughter By Sgoetter

HAPPY TOGETHER By Prentiss

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2779045.h...

You're going to Disneyland By Dollscrap

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Karen3066

Not mine, but I found these as examples in the gallery:
Sunday Stroll By Dollscrap
1 Rockin' Outdoor Concert By Godschild94
http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 2843317.h...
You & Me By Godschild94
A CHERRY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS By Luzma

There’s other examples, as well. Just go to: http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/?type=searchs ku&sk...

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

You can use copics to color the backs of clear gems and buttons, to make them a different color. You can color flowers, title letters, doodle on the paper, etc.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

Does anyone use Copics with their House Mouse stamps? I have a lot of those.

lstory 
Mayor

Go to the Gallery tab up top and scroll down to Search. Type in House Mouse Copics and you'll get three pages of results. Only one is a layout.

I'll freely admit to being a frivolous, high-spending shopper, but I don't think I would spend the $$$ on Copics just for scrapping. You can get cheaper alcohol markers for doing things like coloring buttons or flowers. I use my beloved Copics (nearly 200 so far) for coloring stamped images of people and animals because there are so many shades and tones available for the fine details. I'm not the kind of scrapper to use those same stamped images on layouts. I use other kinds of stamps for that - scrolls, tickets, flourishes, backgrounds, etc.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

Lisa

Scrapsaholic
Mayor
Scrapsaholic
In response to lstory

I have almost every Copic marker made and I will say I don't regret buying one of them. They are AWESOME!!!!!

Just remember...they do bleed through paper pretty bad.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Scrapsaholic

mandy's right, they will bleed through regular scrapbook paper or cardstock. however, if you are coloring an image and then cut it out to use on your LO, you should be fine provided that you use copic-friendly paper.

I color my House Mouse images with copics quite a bit, but always for cards.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps

• siameseplease Said:
mandy's right, they will bleed through regular scrapbook paper or cardstock. however, if you are coloring an image and then cut it out to use on your LO, you should be fine provided that you use copic-friendly paper.

I color my House Mouse images with copics quite a bit, but always for cards.

Thanks. I've been doing a bit of research and I would be using Neenah 80 Lb cardstock in solar white. Stamp, using Black Memento ink and color with Copics.

I will just never put the kind of work it takes to make a House Mouse stamp "shine" and not put it into one of my albums. I bought them with layouts in mind, then never used them for that. I've been using Prismacolor pencils, but I would like a smoother, more vibrant look.

I LOVED the precious layout of the "Santa Baby" with the House Mouse sitting on the button.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-17-10 10:15 AM

I'm fairly new to Copics but I REALLY love them! I do make cards as well, but here are a couple different ways I've used them on LOs:

The fish here is a digi stamp I made, it's colored with Copics, cut out and glued to the page:
Cookbook Project: Tuna Mousse By Kuzatab

On this one I used Copics to add all the shading to the bottle, the shovel and the pail - a great way to add dimension to diecuts! The shovel blade is cut out of a plain flat piece of silver paper - my DH actually thought at first that it was a piece of clip art I just printed out, I had to explain that that I had colored it that way and he was pretty impressed.
Champagne and Shovels cover By Kuzatab

S0LDIERS.WIFE
Resident
S0LDIERS.WIFE
In response to stick

rather then buying a set I'd buy groups of 3's I started with a set...then had to add many more to get a assortment to blend with here are some suggestions...
BG11, BG13, BG18
YG91, YG93, YG95
R20, R22, R24
R30, R32, R35
Y21, Y26, YR24
Y32, Y35, Y38
RV32, RV34, V06
V91, V95, V99
E55, E57, E59
R24, R29, R59
YG93, YG95, YG97
BG72, BG75, BG78
B42, B45, B37
RV04, RV17, RV19
R01, R02, R05
YG11, YG13, YG17
RV10, RV13, RV14
YR12, YR15, YR18
R83, R85, R89
B95, B97, B99
YR65, E08, E19
T1, T4, T6

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to S0LDIERS.WIFE

I have an entire set of Copies and love them! I scrapbook with them, make cards (love to color my stamps with them, I actually look professional!), and craft with them. They are a big investment, but worth every penny.

Edited by ASiverson on 11-17-10 04:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl

Sigh...I am SOOO fighting the Copics temptation, and here it is again.

I know it's been asked before, but what kind of paper is best to use for them? Do you really have to buy some kind of paper that is oriented towards them? A technical answer would be cool, as I have so many kinds of paper lying around! Ummm, esp. about a ton of Bristol smooth. TIA

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to GemGirl

I agree that there are cheaper and perfectly good markers for LOs. I only use Copics for cardmaking, coloring stamped images. I stamp on my LOs but not like on my cards. They're different kinds of stamping.

The Biscuit Scraps
Resident
The Biscuit Scraps
In response to runzalot81

• runzalot81 Said:
I agree that there are cheaper and perfectly good markers for LOs. I only use Copics for cardmaking, coloring stamped images. I stamp on my LOs but not like on my cards. They're different kinds of stamping.

That's the same opinion of most of my SB buddies!! LOL I'm an out of the box kind of girl. I already have LOs planned with some of my stamps.

I love my stamps, but I just can't get into cardmaking. I hate to mail things...I'm an e-mail girl...and it would drive me up a wall to work so long on an image and have someone chunk it in the trash.

I got into stamping through a very good friend who sold The Angel Company. I started a card club once a month for her at my house to help keep her in business...her teaching was amazing. Now I have all these stamps and I want to use them.

I like the smooth look of Copics and I love alcohol inks. I like the idea of refillable, too...keeps the plastic cases out of the landfills.

Looking forward to a new look in my albums in 2011.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

I finally broke down and bought some. At first I told myself there is no way I am going to buy some expensive markers....well I was able to get a set for 50% off and I ordered more individual colors that I know I will use most often. I honestly have to say, I am happy I made the investment. I am still learning how to color with them, but I was proud of the first attempt.

Expert
In response to HisGEM

I haven't gotten into Copics, but a scrappy friend of mine is--she's a certified instructor and teaches a monthly class/kit club through a local online store. She does a lot of cards, but also incorporates the copics into her LO by either drawing a design freehand or using a stamp (regular or digital) and cutting it out after coloring it. Since she has a background in art her work is gorgeous! I'd have a hard time getting into them because I don't think I could do the markers justice after seeing her work!

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser
In response to HuskerMom98

I think for me it boils down to the fact that I just can't color, so I got the BICs instead of the Copics. Wish I had the kind of talent that would let me figure out how to shade instead of just color in.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to meezerpleaser

I mostly use my Copics for cards, but I occasionally use them on LOs as well.
Once Upon a Time By Here Kitty

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics