Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Organizing LO in Albums        (Topic#1547389)
hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker

I'm sure that many people here have the same conundrum I'm currently facing. I do not scrap chronologically. I scrap based on what picture or paper I feel like using when I sit down. So when you scrap like this, how do you organize your albums?

This question is exactly why I prefer making mini albums. Please help so I can become a 12x12 scrapper too!

Fortunes Fool
Governor
Fortunes Fool
In response to hotroding scrapbooker

I do not scrap chronilogically, but I do put my LOs in Albums by year. Each year has it's own album (or more) and I put the new LO where it would go by month. THe months themselves may not be chronilogical but they are grouped together.

Scrappy_Angel
Resident
Scrappy_Angel

I am not a chronological scrapper either (I recently did layouts of my now 3 year old's first foods and my now 1 year olds first foods so I'm all over the place*lol)

I use 3 ring albums and always have extra page protectors handy for when I need to slip a page in somewhere. I've tried post-bound albums and they drive me bonkers for just this reason.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Scrappy_Angel

I'm currently in the process of converting my post-bound albums to hinge, so I'm using it as a chance to get my LO's in better chrono order. I started out doing them chronologically (especially my grandson's albums), but then eventually started doing the "go with inspiration" method. So I'll do layouts, put them in albums, and then occasionally go through and reroganize them.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to c-leaper

My layouts are willy nilly in my albums. I use top-loading page protectors, so I can easily switch pages around if I want to group similar items together.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

my lay outs are willy nilly in albums too,,,,,

I like 3 ring binders, so easy to stick 3rd birthday between 2nd halloween and 4th Hanukkah that way, if I see it,,,,,

But, I like them willy nilly,,,,,,,IDK why, I just do,,,

I figure that someday when I am long dead, my kids might want to go through the albums and take the LO's that are their favorites, or mean something to them, anyway,,,,knocking out any "order" I have them in in any case,,,,so order doesn't mean much to me,though I do try and at least DATE or AGE the photos,,,,and list the event, if it's not immediately clear,,,,

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Fortunes Fool

• Fortunes Fool Said:
I do not scrap chronilogically, but I do put my LOs in Albums by year. Each year has it's own album (or more) and I put the new LO where it would go by month. THe months themselves may not be chronilogical but they are grouped together.

Ditto this exactly...scrap when/what ever I feel like, but in the albums in order...use a 3 ring album to prevent page damage and the 'crazies' in trying to organize them. I'm working on 2010's album, have thru August this year done. All other albums are complete.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to ScrappyMama6

I am so not chronological -- very ADD when it comes to scrapping. That is why I can't use post bound. Plus my albums are always too big.

I also keep extra protectors in each 3 ring binder -- so it's easier to slip something in where needed.

I keep them by year (or 2 or 3 years) -- I don't get too hung up if something is out of order by a few months.

I find it fun to sit down and go thru the album and reorganize every 6 months or so -- let's you enjoy your memories and your work.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to ScrappyMama6

Some of my albums are chronological and some aren't. Like Holly, I prefer 3-ring albums for this reason. I can always move things around if necessary, but I don't stress too much if LOs are in the album out of order.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 11-22-10 04:51 AM
In response to ncyankee

I don't scrap chronologically, but baby books are put together chronologically more or less. I don't get bent out of shape if a March page is before a Feb page but I do try to generally keep them in order.

The famly album is a free for all. I just put whatever is new next.....

nesser01
Resident
nesser01
In response to IzzyB

I don't scrap chronologically either. I do however put them in albums somewhat chronologically. I have an album for my sons first year and after that I just have yearly albums. I also have albums separate for vacations.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to nesser01

I scrap whatever whenever. Eventually, every few months, when I just have no motivation TO scrap, etc., I will sit down and rearrange my LOs. I'm also working on getting these into D-ring albums, a topic at a time (so far travel is the only one that has it's own album and is pretty much completely organized, but I'm working on it...).

The only thing I'm sort of scrapping chronologically is my baby's LOs, but he's only 7 months old, so there's not too much jumping around that I can do.

scrapinsmiles
Expert
scrapinsmiles
In response to CMLeach

I don't always scrap chronologically so I place completed layouts into a layout storage box, and then add them to my scrapbook in chronological order once I have caught up on my scrapping.

purpledurple
Idol
purpledurple
In response to scrapinsmiles

I don't scrap in order either but my kids each have their own album and I do put their lo in pretty good date order. The family albums are just whatever! When I have a year completed in the family albums I do go back through and put them in my CM albums and have an album or two for each year.

Dasha
Dasha 
Veteran
Dasha
  • Dasha on 11-22-10 08:25 AM
In response to purpledurple

I guess I'm not a chronological scrapper either. And I'm slowly realizing that post bound albums are not for me! Once I am done with an album, however, I do try to put it in the album in chronological order.

I have a question for those using the 3 ring albums. How do they look with 2 page layouts?? I feel like the post bound albums are better able to keep the pages together right at the edges so it looks like one big page, rather than 1 page broken out in 2. Does that make sense?

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to Dasha

this is exactly why I use d-ring albums so I can just pop them where they belong as they go

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I don't scrap chronologically either, but I have one album for "general" family, one album for just my mom, one album for my brother, and one album for my cats. I just keep adding to those and don't worry about pages "going together" or not.

SuperAllyFan
Angel
SuperAllyFan
In response to meezerpleaser

I don't scarp chronologically so I have albums for Travel, Family, Friends, BOM and the los are in any old order

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-22-10 10:44 AM
In response to SuperAllyFan

Another 3-ring binder album fan here. I don't scrap in chronological order, but most of my LOs are date specific (vacations, holidays, etc.). 3-ringers allow me to keep the finished pages in order.

For the 2-page LOs, I don't mind the gap at all - but I also don't make 2-pagers that need to be close, I don't cross elements or pictures over both of the pages that way.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to stick

Where do you buy 3-ring binder? Which one is best? I have post bound album, I loved the the front cover that is why I got it, but now i am confused how to put new page protectors inside...I think i will not like that type of album...

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics