Page 1 of 4 
Username Post: Leftover progressive- Double Header Day        (Topic#1547679)
Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

A Progressive Challenge is done quickly and in steps.........it's like scrapbooking meets Simon Says with a touch of choose your group's adventure. Or it could be described as going to a virtual crop since we chat and scrap at the same time. Here's why a virtual crop can be great:

~*~ there's no pressure to buy more scrap supplies (like you need more)

~**~ it's from the comfort of your own home (including the scream/fighting kids, hubby that needs your help finding something you miss placed, crying baby, and bothersome calls from the MIL)

~***~ your supplies don't have to be packed and unpacked (because they're right where you left them- or at least that's where you thought you left it)

Join me today at 9 AM Eastern time for round ONE and join Megan at 6 PM Eastern for round two (you do NOT have to do both). At the selected time of the day, I will give directions for you to follow approximately every 15 minutes until the challenge/layout is complete. I will not even know the how the layout will turn out because you all will help make decisions as I narrate a story. It’s like a choose your own adventure scrapbook challenge.

Today’s narrative is about picking out left-overs.

If you want to play for points we have catch-up-athon to earn points and we have more progressive challenges Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We'll have a 1st and 2nd place winner plus a random winner to earn a little RAK.

catch-up-athon is here:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

For today’s progressives you will need common scrap supplies and 1 or 2 or 3 pictures to be decided at the time of the challenge. The first step will be either using a sketch or scraplifting, so you can get a head start on finding what you'll want to use.

You must follow the steps and you should not peek ahead if you are doing the page after the fact. You must do what the step says, but you can do more if you would like. For example if the step calls for adding embellishments and you’re told to add two you could add three.

You can play with me at that time I give the directions or you can follow later following the order when you get a free chance.

Some sneak peeks:
*Step one: find a sketch or a LO to scraplift
**Step two: paper selection and placement
***Step three: adding pictures
****Step four: adding handmade embellishments adding including newest goodies
*****Step five: adding "more" to the page
******Step six: adding the title

THE RULES:
*Your lo has to be new as of the day the challenge, hence a progressive challenge.
**Upload your lo here within 24 hours of the last direction
***Single or double page LO's are fine. Any size is allowed too! Paper only as the directions are for that type
****When the challenge has been closed, pm me your favorite layout within 24 hours of the challenge close time
*****Don’t vote for yourself as you will get a vote from me for sending in your vote.
******You can start the challenge at anytime within the 24 hours
*******You MUST follow each direction step-by-step one at a time, NO sneak peeks

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Ms.Schwiet

completed pages

50 points
15 1st done on SAT round 1
October 31st By MeganAnn Iheartaslan

50 points
10 2nd done on SAT
What Changed? By Provinca

50 points
5 3rd done SAT
You and Me By MommyMarci

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-28-10 01:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

I'm baaaaaack!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

9:00!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to Megan Ann

I added this to the AGC thread and gave them a little incentive to come play, is this ok with you?

Here's what I wrote: BONUS CHALLENGE!!!!

All you have to do is participate in one of the Progressive Challenges designed by Ms. Schwiet! There is one starting right about now (9 am) and here is the link for that one: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15476... And there will be a link for the Saturday @ 6pm one in a few hours (i'm hosting that one.) You can participate after the fact too. Now why am I giving you this bonus challenge? b/c #1, you are going to tell that I sent you & #2, the Progressives also use a points system to determine winners (there are also random winners). So any points you earn in the Progressive Challenge Today (9 am or 6pm EST) OR TOMORROW SUNDAY @ 11 AM EST, you will get to add to your points total for AGC! WOO HOO!

You get points for a few things: each LO based on the Progressive Completed=50 pts (there were/are going to be 5 FIVE Progressives since WED, so you can earn up to 250 pts bonus pts! Just for completing each one.)

You MUST play Along to get these points (that means be here at 9am or 6 pm EST TODAY OR SUNDAY @ 11AM EST and do your LO while the challenge is going on): ; If you are the 1st to finish=15 pts; 2nd=10 pts; 3rd=5 pts; Invite a friend and the friend plays=5 pts/friend; Send in your votes when the challenge closes=5 pts; you get from 25-15 pts per challenge if you are the winner of the pm'd votes or the polls put up for the whole sb.com community. PLUS there are bonus point options too! One time, after a progressive weekend I had 510 pts, wouldn't it be awesome to add 510 pts to your totals!

You can also earn points by doing a LO for the mini-progressive Catch-Up-A-Thon, 1st LO=25 pts; every LO after that that meets the criteria=10 pts Here is the link for the catch-up-athon: http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15475...

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Well, all the best laid plans -- I can't find the disk I had with all the pictures I wanted to print for today's LO! Now I don't have any idea what I'm going to scrap!

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann
In response to provinca

oh no Anna! That is horrible! Could you dig up some older pics to scrap maybe?

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

Nice advertising Megan. It's been a while since we've had a big progressive round. Those are always fun but I appreciate the fact that I get some pages done.

Anna that sucks...yesterday I couldn't find some of my pictures and I realized I took them with me to work. Oh well... we must always be prepared for bumps along the road.

Anyhoooo its past start time

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

You know it is time to start when I give my no peeking reminder

The questions will be posted in blue, and the steps you have to do will be posted in purple. IF YOU FALL BEHIND OR START LATE, PLEASE DO NOT GO FORWARD AND SEE WHAT'S NEXT -- the object is to make your LO progressively; one step at a time based on what you just did.

I ask a question and the first answer posted determines what the step will be. I have a template that looks pretty much like a road map that will determine where the story and the LO goes.

Please ask any questions you have as we go along. It gets kind of confusing, and remember to "refresh" the thread so you're always up-to-date.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to Megan Ann

Found something, but my heart's not into these pictures!

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to provinca

So today we're going to the fridge to dig into all those Thanksgiving day left overs. I will give you a list of foods and the first person to respond with the one item they are adding to their plate determines our step.

Appetizer
- Cheese & crackers
- Cheese ball
- Shrimp cocktail
- Bacon wrapped scallops
- Veggie tray
- Deviled Eggs

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-27-10 06:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Veggie tray - gotta lose that thanksgiving poundage!

Edited by provinca on 11-27-10 06:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

cheese ball! oops too slow...I had to think about it for a while before I could come up with a response!

Edited by MeganAnn iheartaslan on 11-27-10 06:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

This is only a five minute stage

STEP ONE: select a sketch with ONE or more. Add the URL or a picture to the post so we know which layout you will lift. If you post a sketch without the correct amount of pictures, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement

Veggie tray- STEP ONE: select a sketch that has ONLY ONE picture that you will use for today’s challenge and paste it into a reply for this challenge. If you load a sketch without the correct amount of picture placements, be sure to note how you plan to alter the sketch to meet the picture requirement. A great site to get sketches is: http://pagemaps.com/
LINKING LAYOUTS TO THE THREAD:
1. Go to the layout in your gallery.
2. Click on 'Link/Share' tab under the layout.
3. Click on 'IMG code' button.
4. Copy and paste the code which starts [url...] into the forum thread.

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Here is the sketch I will be using:

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

I'm going to concentrate on the right side only for now

Pagemap 4 progressive By Ms.Schwiet

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet

opps we could have more veggie tray here

Salad
- Veggie tray
- Pasta salad
- Garden salad
- Cesar salad

Megan Ann
Governor
Megan Ann

Caesar Salad Please!

provinca
Mayor
provinca

Here's my sketch. I'll be adjusting it to have 3 pictures.

sketch By Provinca

Edited by provinca on 11-27-10 06:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms.Schwiet
Queen
Ms.Schwiet
In response to Megan Ann

STEP TWO - gather your papers that you will use today paper do any one of the following to the papers you will use today

- Cesar salad:
1) moisten the edges and curl a side up
2) crumble, wad, and then unfold and straighten
3) water distress in this style- http://www.swirlydoos.com/page.php?37
4) tear the edges

Edited by Ms.Schwiet on 11-27-10 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 4 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics