Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbooking Room ideas        (Topic#1547737)
New Kid On the Block

Anyone interested in posting what you have done to decorate and organize your work area? I am converting a spare room into a craft room and would like some ideas!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to manonlavigne

In the Gallery there is a "Scraprooms" section. It's filled with lots of ideas. Once you are in the Scraproom section of the Gallery look for the additional tabs across the top like "Storage Type" which has even more categories...
Baskets | Bins | Buckets | Cabinets | Closets | Desk | Drawers | Home Decor | Horizontal | Jars | Shelves | Totes & Bags | Trays | Vertical

I just posted two photos...My two cents
I went for a cleaner look... storing everything in a large double closet so I could close the doors. It has been surprisingly easy for me to used things from the closet & then put them back. Grab the next thing from the closet...use it & put it back. I like the up & down action as opposed to just sitting the entire time.
I am a 12 x 12 Artbin nut. I store just about everything in these bins.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Here's the link to the scraproom gallery. Someone has put a bunch of non room photos in it but you can just keep looking through.

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/scraproom/0/- 1.html

Here's my scrap area...it's a loft
Scrap Area 2010 By Just G

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Just G

I'm redoing mine now. I'm not repainting because I am just about done with painting...my whole downstairs and all of my hallways were recently repainted and I never see another paintbrush, I'll be happy (even though I was not the one doing the painting!!! LOL). Anyway, I am hoping to get a bunch of the Jetmax cubes at Michael's tomorrow, but I have a feeling a lot of them are gone due to the Thanksgiving day sale. Oh, well. I'm not in any hurry and will just collect a few at a time, as need be. I was also looking at Ikea storage solutions, but the measurements for most of those were not what I wanted.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

This is what’s done so far, but I may make changes once I have the Jetmax cubes for the wall opposite my scrap desk.
Scrap closet By Siameseplease
In the above pic, I now have a clip-it-up on the upper left corner of the Meltorp table.

Stamping and paper shelf By Siameseplease
The above pic was taken about a year ago. I have accumulated even more pp since then, which is currently in boxes on the floor and driving me insane.

My scrap table By Siameseplease

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to siameseplease

I have some storage ideas in my gallery. I organize as much as I scrap.

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to manonlavigne

This post has ideas and plenty of links to other message board topics of storage and scrap room ideas.

Hope that helps.
Good luck!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to 950nancy

Here are some older pics to my room....

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I need to update them. I have changed a few things..

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to m.perk

Here's a couple of my scraproom. I have more posted in my scraproom gallery. I stand up to scrap so a big table in the center of the room really works for me. It's a small room but with all the shelving and adequate storage it seems much bigger than it actually is. Good luck and have a great time building your scrapspace!!

Stephanie D
Guru
Stephanie D
In response to olleharr

i have a small work area and a few things I here are a few spaces saving tips i have came up with.

I put my templates in a 3 ring binder, also fiskars embossing templates fits in to a 3 inc 3 ring binder, Crafter work shop templates where put in to a d ring scrapbook

Pens,water color pencils,and other stuff is in a flat box sorted out by type

clear stamps are put in to CD case
ribbon is put in a divided takle box i got at walmart.

i use a larg storage boxs with a bunch of diffrent draws to hold little odds and ins got it at home depo.

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to olleharr

I have a small room.

I used Ikea cabinets (from their kitchen collections) and created a my work area by using one of their counter tops over the bottom cabinets.

If I had a chance to replan, I would have more outlets under the upper cabinets and bring in better lighting (just got myself a desktop ott).

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to mjmone

[image] My mess.. By Mjmone[/image]

though I'm a li'l embarrassed to post a pic, here is one side of the room...you can see about the outlet...when I have my lamp and slice plugged in, there isn't any room for anything else.

ScrapperSara22
Guru
ScrapperSara22
In response to mjmone

Hi there! Here is the main photo of my scrapbook room:

Scrap Room - Main Description - By ScrapperSara22

I have more photos in my gallery with things in greater detail such as how I stored my massive chipboard stash and made a homemade clip-it-up.

Good luck and ENJOY your new room! Be sure to post photos as you progress!

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to ScrapperSara22

I've been obsessed with this topic lately, since I picked up a mag at J's last week called ClothPaperScissors Studio. Everything from Huuuuuge spaces to tiny but efficient corners. At M's today, they still had tons of Jetmax items, and their other storage (including the Super Satchel Double Deep ArtBin, hooray!) were 40% off! I've also watched countless hours of Youtube scraproom tours looking for ideas.

How sturdy are the Jetmax items? My current big desk has my copier on it, and lots of other stuff. If I made a desk from them, would it hold it? TIA

PokeyMom
Pro
PokeyMom
In response to GemGirl

Check out ChansGram's work table.

She recycled a tabletop and then added 8 of those JetMax storage cubes to support it. Great since it is not built in and yet portable.

Indeed a very cool idea with plenty of extra customized storage underneath.

New Kid On the Block
In response to mjmone

• mjmone Said:
I have a small room.

I used Ikea cabinets (from their kitchen collections) and created a my work area by using one of their counter tops over the bottom cabinets.

If I had a chance to replan, I would have more outlets under the upper cabinets and bring in better lighting (just got myself a desktop ott).

It is good that you have used IKEA as your cabinet because it is more convenient for me than other kinds. I think to have better lighting you could arrange your furniture where-in it won't block the rooms lighting. You can also add more bulbs too if you like so you won't have to rearrange your furniture.

ollychelle
Expert
ollychelle
In response to LynxDgrab29

I can't wait to get my own scrap room instead of a scrap corner : )

beccacrouch
Veteran
beccacrouch
In response to ollychelle

My scrap room is in the unfinished part of our basement.... Huge room, just wish it was finished =] I also wish all my scrap furniture matched but it doesn't.... I have four desks and two ikea bookshelves then a sewing table with my sewing machine and serger and a big cutting table with a cutting mat. All of which are different colors lol. IF I keep any of it when we finish that half of the basement I'll be painting them all to match.

One of my favorite rooms that I bookmarked is here:

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to beccacrouch

Oh...the plans and ideas I have for a scrapbook room. Currently all I have is two tv armoires that I need to pull my things out and scrap at the kitchen table. (I can't even get into my cabinets right now because of the stack of Christmas presents waiting to be wrapped!)

Most important thing in my book is cabinets to house your goodies and lots of counter space.

I like the idea of a BIG table in the center of the room to do my scrapping on(I have a large cutting table that I used to scrapbook on) and then some cupboard style cabinets with counter top, to have easy access to die cut machines and other frequently used tools.

hotroding scrapbooker
Diva
hotroding scrapbooker
In response to beccacrouch

• beccacrouch Said:

One of my favorite rooms that I bookmarked is here:

Just checked out this link. The scrapbooking "green-eyed monster" is coming out! Awesome space.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics