Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to Heather J. Landry

• Heather J. Landry Said:
Jordan had her Botox shots done in her legs today. She's home and recovering but it's been rough. She had a bit of a negative reaction to the anesthesia and she got REALLY cranky. She's only just now starting to feel a little more normal. The good news is that her feet are nearly flat already. I was stunned how quickly it worked, and she won't have the full effect until 72 hours after.

Although she is cranky, at least it is working! That is wonderful news Heather!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I get to get off work early today. Correction... I have to fake a migraine in a bit. Ariel is in the school production of The Jungle Book. She is Bagheera the black panther. She is so excited! I am sure she will do a great job!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Tell Ariel to break a leg! I'll bet she's a cute panther.

Heather - what happens to Jordan's feet that she needs botox?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

Good morning. It's going to be a busy day so it'll go by quickly.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Tell Ariel to break a leg! I'll bet she's a cute panther.

Heather - what happens to Jordan's feet that she needs botox?

Thanks Marlene, she did a great job! She usually talks so fast and doesn't enunciate but last night she was loud and you could understand every word she said and sang. I was so proud of her!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Happy Friday ladies.

J is on his way up north to fish for the weekend and the kids need to go all kinds of places and I have to work 10 hours tomorrow. I am not looking forward to this.

How many days until CP opens? I really need a break. It will just be Ariel and I for 3 days with some roller coasters.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a much better weekend then I.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Do you think the Senior Skip Day of Glee was filmed at CP!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Does Abby have a driver license?

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Do you think the Senior Skip Day of Glee was filmed at CP!

No. The reason I say that is because I don't know that roller coaster and I checked it out really good! Also, they film in Hollywood, don't they? If they actually filmed in Ohio, they would be closer to King's Island I think and as far as I remember, they don't have a coaster like that there. It was interesting though and I did think about it!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

I just found this on line and I was wrong. DUH! Lima is MUCH closer to Sandusky (CP)than Cincinnati (KI):

For those who don't follow the show, it's set in Lima, Ohio, which makes the nearest Six Flags park (Great America) about five and a half hours away. Yet the seniors were shown arriving at the park on a city bus, presumably from Lima.

(FWIW, There used to be a Six Flags in Ohio at the old Geauga Lake site, but it's been closed for years.)

If a bunch of high school seniors in Lima were going to ditch school to visit an amusement park, the obvious choice would be Cedar Point. But these sorts of references are often "product placement" deals, so it's possible that Six Flags anted up for the mention, and Cedar Fair didn't.

But shooting schedules could be the reason, too. Keep in mind that Cedar Point doesn't open for another month, and this Glee episode was shot weeks ago. In fact, the episode was shot at Six Flags Magic Mountain, outside Los Angeles. (As far as I know, Glee has never done any location shooting in Ohio.) So Magic Mountain got to be Six Flags Lima for the day.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Does Abby have a driver license?

No. She tried to learn to drive and did pretty good but she didn't really feel comfortable doing it. I just asked her about it and she said, "Eventually. I don't really have a choice. I have to learn."

She and I are spending the evening together. It's nice. I will miss her.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Shannon - they do shoot Glee in Hollywood. I've been to Lima is why I knew it's close to Sandusky. Glee did do a location shoot in Manhattan but you're probably right about California. Seems like everything is shot there, the rest of the world must think all of the U.S. looks like NYC or California.

Bridesmaids was set in Wisconsin, and there are long views of of Milwaukee (?) but the movie was so obviously filmed in California. Not fooling me!

I'm just thinking about the first paragraph could be in Chinese as far as Lesley, Heather or Yvonne can tell. Becky may be more familiar with Ohio.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Tell Abby that driving takes practice like everything else. That's why you have to have a permit for so long. Besides Ariel will never let her live it down if she drives first.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Shannon - they do shoot Glee in Hollywood. I've been to Lima is why I knew it's close to Sandusky. Glee did do a location shoot in Manhattan but you're probably right about California. Seems like everything is shot there, the rest of the world must think all of the U.S. looks like NYC or California.

Bridesmaids was set in Wisconsin, and there are long views of of Milwaukee (?) but the movie was so obviously filmed in California. Not fooling me!

I'm just thinking about the first paragraph could be in Chinese as far as Lesley, Heather or Yvonne can tell. Becky may be more familiar with Ohio.

LOL! Yeah, most people probably don't have a clue as to what Ohio really looks like!

I forgot about the NY episode. Yep, that was definitely in NY.

I've never been to Wisconsin and I have never seen Bridesmaids. I should put both on my to do list (especially since I own Bridesmaids!)

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Tell Abby that driving takes practice like everything else. That's why you have to have a permit for so long. Besides Ariel will never let her live it down if she drives first.

You hit the nail on the head with that one! I never thought of it that way. I'll have to tell Abby!

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

So what is everyone up to this weekend?

I have to work until 8 tonight and tomorrow I have to take Abby and Guillermo to Ikea. I don't have to, I want to.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I am making a graduation card for a party later this evening. I hope to finish a lo I'v e been working on. Scrapping isn't going all that well for me right now.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

What's going on? Just not feeling your mojo or just don't have time?

Or a little from column A and a little from column B?

Or something else...

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

The page just isn't coming together. Earlier I was having issues with my Cricut sticky pad. I had the perfect color cardstock but only a little bit so of course I cut the wrong size, etc. I did get the card done. I'm thinking on the lo.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

Ah, so just a momentary issue.

Yep, that happens to me too. I usually try to cut it out on printer paper first so that I know what is going to be cut.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics