Page 5 of 775 
Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
Replies from the old thread...

Shannon, She bought pillow pets which they were begging for all year and I kept telling them to ask Santa. It was supposed to be the Santa gift to all 3. I was really mad because I told her that. She said she'll "give them to me and I don't have to pay her" and then she'll spend more money spoiling them half to death. I don't know where I am going to put all of this. And the kids want Wii games this year but she refuses to buy video games. Instead she buys huge stuffed animals that we have no space for. I'm just cranky I think. Did you kick J in the nuts? Just asking... 'cause you said you were gonna! LOL About our Thanksgiving festivities... Yeah, we are rednecks but we have FUN! Hehe

Marlene,

Lots of photos sounds awesome. I'm glad you're safely back home and that you had fun! Riding in the car always makes me tired.

J's nuts are safe for now. I haven't been home yet.

J's mom was going to get Ariel a bean bag and I told her not to because we have no room for it. Your kids are old enough to have all the stuffed animals they need. You are right, they take up so much room! A couple of years ago I had Ariel go through her animals. For every 1 she kept, she had to donate 2. I haven't gotten Danny to do it yet.

Ya know, it's nice that she wants to buy things for your kids but enough is enough. What do your kids think of her?

LOL Poor J! The stuffed animal thing. She doesn't buy regular sized ones either but like these HUGE ones that are as big as the kids just about. Then I'm scared to throw them away or donate because she goes in their rooms all the time and can see what's there. I just don't want to hear it. LMAO It wouldn't be as bad if she'd buy the stuff I tell her they want/need. Half the time they don't even play with the stuff. She bought Alexis a Dora themed play kitchen last year. She was 8 years old. She has barely touched it and it takes up a ton of space. Sigh. The kids aren't as close with her as they are with my FIL. She's standoffish. If that makes sense...

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Heather J. Landry

• mrsmiller Said:
Hit send too early!

Marlene,

Lexie still has no eyelashes and she's started work on her eyebrows too. It just breaks my heart. She gets really mad at us if we mention it. Of course, she gets mad at everything so it's really par for the course. Her therapist asked her today why she's so angry. She said it's because her parents are so mean to her. I can hear everything through the wall when I sit in the other room. She said Ronnie yells at her for no reason. She didn't mention all the stuff that she does that makes him yell. Sigh.

The therapist touches base with you, doesn't he/she?

Yes, she does. I sit and chat for the first 20 minutes with her and then I leave and Lexie stays. She definitely has some interesting things that I hadn't thought of. She says when Alexis is raging and hurting herself or others to throw her in a cold shower. Hmmm.

What?! Maybe it's just to shock her. Sort of like when you slap a hysterical person? NO, I am not suggesting you do that!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Marlene, maybe you should sit down with your mom and your sister and make a plan. You shouldn't have to take care of her. That's a big burden. I have been there and done that.

Maybe they should take your blood for serum! You must have an excellent immune system! I sure hope you don't get sick.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
I got this and need something to take advantage of the embossing.

Oooh that's pretty! I also take sandpaper and cut it into little squares that I can hold easily. Just make sure it's really fine. Don't want to sand off too much. (I've SO done that!)

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I think the meeting went pretty well. MY boss is a drama queen diva and makes everything about herself. I've come to the conclusion that she is trying to sabotage the office so she can have a pity party.

Oh no I hope not!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that you make the full year you need.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:

Shannon, She bought pillow pets which they were begging for all year and I kept telling them to ask Santa. It was supposed to be the Santa gift to all 3. I was really mad because I told her that. She said she'll "give them to me and I don't have to pay her" and then she'll spend more money spoiling them half to death. I don't know where I am going to put all of this. And the kids want Wii games this year but she refuses to buy video games. Instead she buys huge stuffed animals that we have no space for. I'm just cranky I think. Did you kick J in the nuts? Just asking... 'cause you said you were gonna! LOL About our Thanksgiving festivities... Yeah, we are rednecks but we have FUN! Hehe

Marlene,

Lots of photos sounds awesome. I'm glad you're safely back home and that you had fun! Riding in the car always makes me tired.

J's mom was going to get Ariel a bean bag and I told her not to because we have no room for it. Your kids are old enough to have all the stuffed animals they need. You are right, they take up so much room! A couple of years ago I had Ariel go through her animals. For every 1 she kept, she had to donate 2. I haven't gotten Danny to do it yet.

Ya know, it's nice that she wants to buy things for your kids but enough is enough. What do your kids think of her?

LOL Poor J! The stuffed animal thing. She doesn't buy regular sized ones either but like these HUGE ones that are as big as the kids just about. Then I'm scared to throw them away or donate because she goes in their rooms all the time and can see what's there. I just don't want to hear it. LMAO It wouldn't be as bad if she'd buy the stuff I tell her they want/need. Half the time they don't even play with the stuff. She bought Alexis a Dora themed play kitchen last year. She was 8 years old. She has barely touched it and it takes up a ton of space. Sigh. The kids aren't as close with her as they are with my FIL. She's standoffish. If that makes sense...

Sounds like she substitutes love with big stuffed animals and big kitchens...

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
I have to go check out Heather's gallery. She posted an awesome lo on facebook and I want to lift it! I hope it's here...

Awww! Thanks Shannon. Is it one of the Cosmo ones? I swear I just LOVE everything they are putting out digitally. I am filling up my hard drive SO fast with this JS gig!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Yep, it was that 1!

This is what I wrote about my carts:

Happily Ever After cart
H2O Seasonal cart
Jubilee cart
Street Signs cart

all for $78.40 with free shipping.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Well another day down in the USA. Great day actually, another sleep in then a little shopping, I finally got the black wool jacket I'd been wanting for ages so I feel a little smarter now rather than having what I call a 'snow' coat on all the time.

We then went on the duck boat thingy, half land half water, that was fabulous we got to see things that we would never have otherwise seen and saw things we wish we could stay another day to see that we didn't previously know about, Great sail around the big bay here (forgotten the name of it already), but it was impressive, we were the only ones on the tour so we got to know the driver really well and he wants to take Bob fishing before we go back so of course he was pretty stoked.

Followed up by dinner back at F? Changs, I know its a chain restaurant, but it is the nicest chinese food we've tasted, we had different dishes tonight and they were just as good as the ones we had the other night.

Bags are packed and we head off to Oregon tomorrow, a little nervous about finding my way around a strange and big railway station but once the bags are booked in and we are sitting down I just know I am going to love it, have wanted a train ride for a long time and really looking forward to seeing Oregon. Still can't wait to get to Erin's though.

Marlene glad the meeting went OK and it sounds like you are getting the 12 months that you need at work....I should send a big smack on the hand across cyber space for shopping...ahhhhQ!!!

Well off to bed, talk next from Oregon...cheers my friends.

It sounds like you are having an amazing time! I went on one of those duck tours before in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was fun! Really neat that the guy offered to take Bob fishing! Very cool about riding the train too. I've always wanted to do that. Brandon would love it I'm sure. I may have to look into that and see if there's a short day trip we could do somewhere just so he could get on the train. LOL

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Today I bought Disney gift cards for Ariel and Dan. They had buy one get one free stuffed animals so I got Dan "Dug" from Up and Ariel got "Lots-o-hugs bear" from Toy Story 3. Yeah, I know, we were just talking about stuffed animals but it goes with the theme darn it!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Yep, it was that 1!

This is what I wrote about my carts:

Happily Ever After cart
H2O Seasonal cart
Jubilee cart
Street Signs cart

all for $78.40 with free shipping.

Oooh that is an awesome deal!!!! Congrats on getting so many for so little $!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

Marlene,

Sounds like she substitutes love with big stuffed animals and big kitchens...

Exactly!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

Newest part of the MIL saga... now she wants us to come to her house for Christmas Eve. For 10 years that we've been married we've gone to my family on Christmas Eve and his on Christmas Day. Mine never celebrates on Christmas Day. Only Christmas Eve. Paw Paw makes gumbo and we open presents and do a play and sing. I'm the lead singer, the play writer, and the dessert maker. Seriously? If we don't go it'll suck. The worst part is that Ronnie is backing her. I'm seriously thinking about saying screw it altogether and staying home. I know it's childish of me but I think it sucks that she's throwing a wrench in my plans on purpose. I told Ronnie that I'd be willing to go to her house after my grandparent's and spend the night Christmas Eve. We could do the S thing and everything over there for when the kids wake up. He says he doesn't WANT to spend that much time over there. Really? Then WTH are we going? Why do they take priority over my family since she got her underwear in a bunch? This is going to get ugly fast because I am so done being pushed around by these ppl.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Hit send too early!

Marlene,

Lexie still has no eyelashes and she's started work on her eyebrows too. It just breaks my heart. She gets really mad at us if we mention it. Of course, she gets mad at everything so it's really par for the course. Her therapist asked her today why she's so angry. She said it's because her parents are so mean to her. I can hear everything through the wall when I sit in the other room. She said Ronnie yells at her for no reason. She didn't mention all the stuff that she does that makes him yell. Sigh.

Yes, she does. I sit and chat for the first 20 minutes with her and then I leave and Lexie stays. She definitely has some interesting things that I hadn't thought of. She says when Alexis is raging and hurting herself or others to throw her in a cold shower. Hmmm.

What?! Maybe it's just to shock her. Sort of like when you slap a hysterical person? NO, I am not suggesting you do that!

Yep. Exactly. She said it's like a snowball rolling down a hill gathering strength and you interrupt it so it doesn't get worse. She also said instead of the cold shower I could spray her with cold water. Ronnie now wants to buy a super soaker. LMAO

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
I had to take one of the people I work with to the ER - probably the flu. If I don't get it in some form or another they should take my blood for serum. My niece and her so who live in Brooklyn, NY were both sick at my sister's, my mom was already sick and now a co-worker. Sheeeze.

Oh my goodness! I really really hope that you don't catch it! Yikes Marlene!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Geez Heather. Let him go to your MIL and you and the kids can keep up the tradition of going to your parents'.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Since my mother refused to go to the doc last week when she started getting sick, she has lost her right to make a decision about it. Next time she gets hauled in with or without her permission. It's ridiculous how many people have been exposed that could have been avoided. She doesn't like to get left out but sometimes you gotta pull up the big girl panties.

That annoys the carp out of me! People do that at work. We work in a box. My co-workers get mad when I spray lysol but I don't care.

Marlene, I think you missed when I asked if she was moving soon.

I really don't blame you Marlene. Sometimes you have to make people take care of themselves! Shannon, I love lysol. People are germy. Yuck! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry

• scrap4brains Said:
Heather - please do invite your friends. Anyone else, too.

Got it! I invited two.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

[quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry]Hit send too early!

Marlene,

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep. Exactly. She said it's like a snowball rolling down a hill gathering strength and you interrupt it so it doesn't get worse. She also said instead of the cold shower I could spray her with cold water. Ronnie now wants to buy a super soaker. LMAO
[/quote]

Seriously, then she'll be angry and wet...

There has to be other options. I get what she is getting at but I think that is a bit abusive. You squirt a dog...

Maybe I am out of line though. If it helps then it may be worth it.

Yep, I am a teeter-totter.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Geez Heather. Let him go to your MIL and you and the kids can keep up the tradition of going to your parents'.

That's what normally happens. We drop him off on the way down to my grandparents. She's pitching a fit. I'm fixing to show her a fit. Like I said I'm so done with this. I know it's b/c I pitched a fit and told SIL off. So now I'm being punished. Screw that.

Page 5 of 775 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics