Page 6 of 775 
Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Today I bought Disney gift cards for Ariel and Dan. They had buy one get one free stuffed animals so I got Dan "Dug" from Up and Ariel got "Lots-o-hugs bear" from Toy Story 3. Yeah, I know, we were just talking about stuffed animals but it goes with the theme darn it!

LOL Ooooh. Stuffed animals!!! I have a huge Christmas list for the kids. Was trying to limit it to $150 per kid but those Wii games are so $$$. Sigh. Are you buying yourself the Glee game? I so totally am. Merry Christmas to me! LOL

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

[quote=mrsmiller][quote=H eather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry][quote=mrsmiller][ quote=Heather J. Landry]Hit send too early!

Marlene,

Lexie still has no eyelashes and she's started work on her eyebrows too. It just breaks my heart. She gets really mad at us if we mention it. Of course, she gets mad at everything so it's really par for the course. Her therapist asked her today why she's so angry. She said it's because her parents are so mean to her. I can hear everything through the wall when I sit in the other room. She said Ronnie yells at her for no reason. She didn't mention all the stuff that she does that makes him yell. Sigh.
[/quote]

The therapist touches base with you, doesn't he/she?
[/quote]

Yes, she does. I sit and chat for the first 20 minutes with her and then I leave and Lexie stays. She definitely has some interesting things that I hadn't thought of. She says when Alexis is raging and hurting herself or others to throw her in a cold shower. Hmmm.
[/quote]

What?! Maybe it's just to shock her. Sort of like when you slap a hysterical person? NO, I am not suggesting you do that!
[/quote]

Yep. Exactly. She said it's like a snowball rolling down a hill gathering strength and you interrupt it so it doesn't get worse. She also said instead of the cold shower I could spray her with cold water. Ronnie now wants to buy a super soaker. LMAO
[/quote]

Seriously, then she'll be angry and wet...

There has to be other options. I get what she is getting at but I think that is a bit abusive. You squirt a dog...

Maybe I am out of line though. If it helps then it may be worth it.

Yep, I am a teeter-totter.
[/quote]

Well that was my thought too. We kind of kid around about it because if we don't laugh we'll cry about it all the time. I asked what else I could do. I found it a bit absurd. She said that I could also put her in a child seat and just let her throw her tantrum. I said... ummm she's 8. She knows how to open those things. Plus, have you ever tried to get a mad kid in a car seat? I'm liable to get punched. She's getting bigger and I'm worried for the other kid's safety and mine.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to Heather J. Landry

Brandon is in here whining that he's hungry. I'll be back.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Geez Heather. Let him go to your MIL and you and the kids can keep up the tradition of going to your parents'.

That's what normally happens. We drop him off on the way down to my grandparents. She's pitching a fit. I'm fixing to show her a fit. Like I said I'm so done with this. I know it's b/c I pitched a fit and told SIL off. So now I'm being punished. Screw that.

Tell 'em, "Go ahead, I just got warmed up!"

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Today I bought Disney gift cards for Ariel and Dan. They had buy one get one free stuffed animals so I got Dan "Dug" from Up and Ariel got "Lots-o-hugs bear" from Toy Story 3. Yeah, I know, we were just talking about stuffed animals but it goes with the theme darn it!

LOL Ooooh. Stuffed animals!!! I have a huge Christmas list for the kids. Was trying to limit it to $150 per kid but those Wii games are so $$$. Sigh. Are you buying yourself the Glee game? I so totally am. Merry Christmas to me! LOL

My cricut and all of those carts was my gift to me. My sil bought the board game for Ariel though. Are you talking about a Glee video game?

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Heather I wish I could give you an easy answer for your issues with Lexie. Sigh. It sounds scary for you and for her.

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
Geez Heather. Let him go to your MIL and you and the kids can keep up the tradition of going to your parents'.

That's what normally happens. We drop him off on the way down to my grandparents. She's pitching a fit. I'm fixing to show her a fit. Like I said I'm so done with this. I know it's b/c I pitched a fit and told SIL off. So now I'm being punished. Screw that.

Tell 'em, "Go ahead, I just got warmed up!"

You know how they ring that bell before a boxing match... LOL I'm so hearing that right now!

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:

My cricut and all of those carts was my gift to me. My sil bought the board game for Ariel though. Are you talking about a Glee video game?

Yep. There is a Glee game for Wii. A singing one. I don't know if there are any other platforms though. Check it out!

http://www.amazon.com/Karaoke-Revolution-Gl ee-Nintendo-...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is2WQ4H2SG0

Heather J. Landry
Angel
Heather J. Landry
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
Heather I wish I could give you an easy answer for your issues with Lexie. Sigh. It sounds scary for you and for her.

It's very scary for her when she goes out of control like that. I know that she doesn't want to be this way. She doesn't cry over it or anything but if you look in her eyes when she's lashing out like this she looks filled with panic. It's really getting hard. I'm am SO dreading the teen years.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid

Geez, we are on page 6 already. I was without electricity this morning for over an hour while the electric company replace a broken pole in our neighborhood.

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Heather, how old is she??

I can't believe a therapist told you to throw her in a cold shower. LOL

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to lilmrmaid

Marlene, sure hope you don't get sick.

I know how hard it is to take care of your mother. I use to do it all the time and got so fed up with it and worn out. So then my brother took over for a year, he got fed up. My mom is worse then a 2 year old child, she don't get her way, she throws a tantrum. I don't have a car seat for her, but we have to push her in a wheel chair, so like a stroller LOL. And my mom weighs over 400 lbs. I can not push her with my back, I always have to find someone else to do it.

mrsmiller
Governor
mrsmiller
In response to lilmrmaid

Ok ladies, I am just about out of here. I have finished my work for the day and the boredom is KILLING me! Plus my Cricut should be at home... but that has nothing to do with it. Really, it doesn't.

I'll be back Thursday night. I don't work tomorrow because I will be attending the school's holiday sing-a-long which Danny has told me on several occasions that he definitely will not be singing. I don't care if he doesn't sing just as long as he doesn't cry or strip. He's done both in the past.

Take care everyone!

lilmrmaid
Angel
lilmrmaid
In response to mrsmiller

Have a nice night and enjoy tomorrow Shannon

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hope the program is cute Shannon.

Heather I agree with Shannon about how scarey it must be to be responsible for a child with mental health issues. My dd was terrible and still has a quick temper without the extra issues, I commend you.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to scrap4brains

My mom is still mobile but she can't open almost anything, can't zip her jacket or do a seatbelt and is slower than molasses. Don't even get behind her in a buffet line!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Heather - my dh told me that he read that if you sing for 20 minutes a day it will cure snoring. I told him it'd work for me because someone would kill me to shut me up. I so wish I could sing.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

I see you are looking for new member. Mind if I join?

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Becky Scraps

Becky - I've seen you around! Please join in.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Thanks!! Are there any rules I need to know about?

Page 6 of 775 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics