Username Post: Oh! Snap! Cofers (continued) {Active and Closed}        (Topic#1547795)
slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to slywalker

Well its been a really busy day today, Erin had so much to do and still has a list a mile long, I know what its like because I know what I was like before I came over here and I didn't have children to worry about. I finally got to Eddie Bauer to get some of the trousers that fit me so well, went to Michaels briefly and got a large Sissix die for one of those cute owls which will be great for Sofia's LO's.

Erin is tired tonight but doesn't excuse here attitude sometimes, no, it isn't all J unfortunately. I asked her what she wanted Bob to buy for the kids in advance because we won't be able to stop at the supermarket on the way home as no room in the car....soooo Erin just gave me the irits for the first time this trip, she likes to buy everything herself and insists there will just have to be room in the car...right, we don't have a van like her just a sedan, can see this is the first of many things that will stretch the friendship over 6 weeks, wish me luck.

I'm p***** off now so going to bed early and I'll read up there so I'll head off early now. Wish you all a really nice and fun Thanksgiving day with your families and friends, have lots of enjoyment and food. We are going out for lunch which will be nice, wonder I haven't been asked to stay home and babysit while they go out. They have 4 things organised for next week and have asked me to look after the kids, not much fun when Sofia still won't let me feed her her solids or bottle, fun eh!! also a bit much my myself when I have to bath them both and try to dry them and get them to bed, read them both stories, what happens to the other one when I'm reading to one of them, aarghh!! life wasn't meant to be fun or easy it seems.

happy Thanksgiving everyone.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Hi. I've been busy rearranging my scraproom to make room for a baker's rack that I bought to hold my light box (what I use to take photos of my pages). I think I mentioned that I needed something to hold my books, well this has shelves underneath. I don't think it's going to work for my light box though. Man! It's always something. At least I got the area cleaned up.
http://www.kmart.com/essential-home-bakers -rack-with-wo...

That looks awesome for a scrap room! Why won't your light box work there?

I think it maybe too high so the lights don't work like they should and the front extends too far out from the desktop.

Well, it's cute anyway!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:

You can loan books from one Kindle to another by using the Cloud.

Can I do that with someone not on my account? If so, how?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Ever since I got my laptop I had trouble being connected in my bedroom because it is too far from the router. I bought a booster but it kept kicking everyone off. Kyle networked all of the computers and set things up so everyone is happy now. I had to buy a new router (ours was at least 10 yrs old). Ken, of course, was a little bent because the old one was working. The old one was a B series, N is now the norm. Last night my BIL Warren remarked that we must have gotten a new N router because he has never gotten such a good connection with his Iphone. The look on Ken's face was priceless.

NICE!!!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to Heather J. Landry

• Heather J. Landry Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • Heather J. Landry Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
Heather - I saw on FB that you were feeling stressed about something, did something happen to your family?

Alexis is not doing well at all. She's kicked a hole through the wall and is on a damaging property kick. She got caught cheating at school... We try to discipline her as best we can but nothing seems to make a difference lately. When things get wild like that I get really stressed.

I can understand you getting stressed Heather, just when you think she is doing ok something else happens, but I guess that is the nature of her disability, but I am feeling so sorry for you and also her that she feels the need to do that, thinking of you.

It'll all be okay Lesley. We just have to weather this storm and we'll come through the other side eventually.

EXACTLY Heather! I swear you have the best attitude!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am not sure how to do the cloud thing. Instead of a hard drive or a thumb drive you can save things on the internet and access them with a device. I deleted some books from my Kindle, then I wanted one back, I went through a list of things I had downloaded then got it back. I don't remember exactly how I did it, I just fooled around with it a little while. You have to be connected to the internet.

Yep you can archive books on your Kindle and then get them back but that isn't too do with the Cloud, its confusing, way to confusing for me to even bother thinking about I think, maybe one day I'll look into it. I know J would understand it because he's so into techno stuff, but I wouldn't bother to ask thats for sure.

Lesley, if he has a second, maybe asking him to help you for 5 minutes might just build on the relationship the 2 of you are starting?

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to slywalker

• slywalker Said:
Well its been a really busy day today, Erin had so much to do and still has a list a mile long, I know what its like because I know what I was like before I came over here and I didn't have children to worry about. I finally got to Eddie Bauer to get some of the trousers that fit me so well, went to Michaels briefly and got a large Sissix die for one of those cute owls which will be great for Sofia's LO's.

Erin is tired tonight but doesn't excuse here attitude sometimes, no, it isn't all J unfortunately. I asked her what she wanted Bob to buy for the kids in advance because we won't be able to stop at the supermarket on the way home as no room in the car....soooo Erin just gave me the irits for the first time this trip, she likes to buy everything herself and insists there will just have to be room in the car...right, we don't have a van like her just a sedan, can see this is the first of many things that will stretch the friendship over 6 weeks, wish me luck.

Why doesn't she do it by herself or with just Bob? I guess I don't understand why everyone needs to go to the store.

I'm p***** off now so going to bed early and I'll read up there so I'll head off early now. Wish you all a really nice and fun Thanksgiving day with your families and friends, have lots of enjoyment and food. We are going out for lunch which will be nice, wonder I haven't been asked to stay home and babysit while they go out. They have 4 things organised for next week and have asked me to look after the kids, not much fun when Sofia still won't let me feed her her solids or bottle, fun eh!! also a bit much my myself when I have to bath them both and try to dry them and get them to bed, read them both stories, what happens to the other one when I'm reading to one of them, aarghh!! life wasn't meant to be fun or easy it seems.

I'm sure that are just happy to be able to go out and just assumed you'd watch the kids. Although, they really should have asked... If Sofia is hungry, she will eat! Bathe one while the other is napping and then don't take them outside afterwards. Read to them at the same time. Just listing off possibilities...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well! It's nice you are going out. No clean up! I made a wheat free cake and when I popped it out of the bundt pan, most of it came out but a chunk did not. When it flipped it back over right side up, you can't even see the missing chunk! Yeah me! Oh, but I did taste the chunk and it is actually really good! I couldn't tell the difference and Danny still licked the bowl clean.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my favorite ladies! I hope your day is filled with love and laughter and chocolate!

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller
In response to mrsmiller

Today I discovered a Disney website where you enter codes that come in Disney movies and you get points you can redeem for stuff and you also get free stuff just for entering the codes. I got 3 free passes to Wreck It Ralph and 3 free passes to Monsters Inc. 3D. J's mom gave me a bunch of codes from her movies and we had a bunch too. It was pretty cool!

I also have been spending time on Amazon getting some "lightning deals" on Legos. J's mom asked me to buy them and she is going to pay me back. I got some great deals!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

Hi. I had a great day. Dinner turned out really well and I think everyone had a great time.

I have some big news. I am going to be a grandma in July. It is still new and quite a shock but Matty and Dave are happy so all I can do is support and go along.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps

Congrats Marlene!! You will make an amazing grandma!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I don't know how only that they advertise that you can.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
Hi. I had a great day. Dinner turned out really well and I think everyone had a great time.

I have some big news. I am going to be a grandma in July. It is still new and quite a shock but Matty and Dave are happy so all I can do is support and go along.

MARLENE!!!!! WOO HOO!!! I was so excited for you that I went and told Ariel and Abby!

Are you ok? You seem a bit off about it. You didn't sound very happy.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

• scrap4brains Said:
  • mrsmiller Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:

I don't know how only that they advertise that you can.

I will have to check into that!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to mrsmiller

I am happy for Matty but wish she was in a better place for such a life changing event. She has no health care insurance and still has substantial student debt. A year ago, she wanted nothing to do with living here, now she'll be stuck (but that's a side effect I am happy about). I'll be ok, it's just a shock. She is very happy and that's what matters.

Dave has a really good job and just got a promotion, but unless they are married immediately there is a one year wait to enroll her in his insurance.

We had his mom over for Thanksgiving dinner, she is a real sweetie.

mrsmiller
Queen
mrsmiller

Can't she get insurance from the state? Especially since she is pregnant?

Does Dave's son know about it? How does he feel?

I'm glad you like Dave's mom since you are going to be sharing a grandchild with her. That makes it much easier!

I'm also glad Matty is happy about it. You've always spoken highly of Dave and his son so it can only get better, right? Oh, and the fact that Dave owns a house is a great start!

Married? Are they thinking about that? It seems logical since everything is already in place for it...

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:
  • scrap4brains Said:
I am not sure how to do the cloud thing. Instead of a hard drive or a thumb drive you can save things on the internet and access them with a device. I deleted some books from my Kindle, then I wanted one back, I went through a list of things I had downloaded then got it back. I don't remember exactly how I did it, I just fooled around with it a little while. You have to be connected to the internet.

Yep you can archive books on your Kindle and then get them back but that isn't too do with the Cloud, its confusing, way to confusing for me to even bother thinking about I think, maybe one day I'll look into it. I know J would understand it because he's so into techno stuff, but I wouldn't bother to ask thats for sure.

Lesley, if he has a second, maybe asking him to help you for 5 minutes might just build on the relationship the 2 of you are starting?

Nah!! don't think I'd bother, will think about it though, he was such an awful person yesterday to Erin and not outwardly to me he just sulked, honestly he is such a s...head of a person I don't think I want him to do anything for me, but thanks for the idea, if he behaves for a bit maybe I'll ask him.

In fact I just read online an ad for a new Kindle where it has the back all lit up light so you don't even need a light at night and the screen is easier to read during the day., sounds like maybe an upgrade, certainly not for a while though as I've spent way too much this trip.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:

Why doesn't she do it by herself or with just Bob? I guess I don't understand why everyone needs to go to the store.

I'm sure that are just happy to be able to go out and just assumed you'd watch the kids. Although, they really should have asked... If Sofia is hungry, she will eat! Bathe one while the other is napping and then don't take them outside afterwards. Read to them at the same time. Just listing off possibilities...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well! It's nice you are going out. No clean up! I made a wheat free cake and when I popped it out of the bundt pan, most of it came out but a chunk did not. When it flipped it back over right side up, you can't even see the missing chunk! Yeah me! Oh, but I did taste the chunk and it is actually really good! I couldn't tell the difference and Danny still licked the bowl clean.

Yes they are Shannon, I have to remember they never get that opportunity and don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it but it is hard being by myself, if Bob were here it would be easier, they are both bathed together then Erin gets Sofia ready for bed and J gets Henry ready, he let me a couple of nights but now is back to only letting daddy, tonight he let me towel him dry and was going to let me dress him for bed and then I'd get daddy to read his book, but after I'd dried him he wanted daddy .... so, end of story there, so I am a little worried about Wednesday night when they are going out at 5pm so I have to feed them both as well, and they aren't good eaters especially Henry, Erin has to nag him the whole way through to get him to eat...no, definitely not getting excited about that one but they are down to bed now so I will be fine tonight if they wake I'll just do what i can to comfort them and at least I know Sofia won't be hungry, so not worried about tonight.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker
In response to mrsmiller

• mrsmiller Said:
  • slywalker Said:

So glad your wheat free cake turned out ok, always a good sign if the kids like to lick the bowl clean.

slywalker
Queen
slywalker

• scrap4brains Said:

Wow!! congratulations Marlene and Ken as well, I bet you really are excited but it probably hasn't hit home just yet with it being very new news....your life has now changed forever and I know you will be a wonderful Grandma.

haha I had to ring Marlene, she was asleep when I rang but Ken woke her up, then when I was talking to her I remembered the time difference duh!!! poor Marlene it must have been around 10.45pm when I rang...sorry Marlene, but was so happy for you, and now...guess what....you get to do all those baby layouts hehe..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics